Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,096

    More 'eternal ones' per realm?

    So Blizzard stated that the Eternal ones are on par with the titans...
    And they also stated ingame that the Winter Queen calls Elune her sister.

    Now the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands are the Eternal Ones of the realm of Death.
    The Titans, although being omnipresent, could be the Eternal Ones of the realm of Arcane (this being their power)
    This would then mean that Elune would be (one of) the Eternal One of the realm of Life.

    If this would be the case, then we would have a ton more Eternal Ones.

    Heck, you could even say that the Void Lords would be the Eternal ones of the realm of Void!

    Could this be the case or am I trying to wrap my head around the messed up lore too much>?

  2. #2
    Well the Shadowlands are "infinite" and we've only visited the big 4 zones. It would stand the reason the many "infinite" realms of the Shadowlands (as well as the countless more zones being created every second) would have an Eternal One.


    Or, unless, the rank of Eternal One is that of the prime hierarchy of the Shadowlands as a whole, with the big 4 zones serving as the most important ones that are essential to keeping the Shadowlands chugging on... and all other "minor" realms are insignificant in that grand scheme.


    /shrug

  3. #3
    Yes, it's already known that the First Ones created a pantheon to embody each of the cosmic forces.

  4. #4
    That's definitely the implication, yes. Does beg the question what's going on with the Legion though. Did the Fel Titans not have anything to say about Sargeras claiming their people for his burning crusade? Was he just allowed to be a face of operations while they blew things up behind the scenes? Did they all die in a freak gasoline fight accident aeons ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That's definitely the implication, yes. Does beg the question what's going on with the Legion though. Did the Fel Titans not have anything to say about Sargeras claiming their people for his burning crusade? Was he just allowed to be a face of operations while they blew things up behind the scenes? Did they all die in a freak gasoline fight accident aeons ago?
    The real answer is, Sargeras and the BL were created decades before any "Cosmic Pantheon and Forces" crap, so thats why we havent seen them yet.

    However, that aside, they have been mentioned:
    I forgot which one, but an ingame book in Legion mentioned certain "Fel Lords," that even the BL was too afraid to call upon. Seems pretty likely that they are the Pantheon of Disorder (even matches with the Void Lords in name).
    As for why they didnt care about the BL, it could be somewhat explained that its just in their nature not to care. They are beings of pure chaos, so it could be said that they just dont care about anything, least of all an organized army. They just float around in the deepest parts of the Nether and shoot Fel at everything close to them. Its a shitty explanation, but better than none at all.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    9,188
    Legion lore mentions a prison world called Terratus where rebellious demons were imprisoned. If there's something like a Pantheon of Disorder, they were probably cast there by Sargeras when he started conquering demons and building the Burning Legion.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    So Blizzard stated that the Eternal ones are on par with the titans...
    And they also stated ingame that the Winter Queen calls Elune her sister.

    Now the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands are the Eternal Ones of the realm of Death.
    The Titans, although being omnipresent, could be the Eternal Ones of the realm of Arcane (this being their power)
    This would then mean that Elune would be (one of) the Eternal One of the realm of Life.

    If this would be the case, then we would have a ton more Eternal Ones.
    They made the Titans to order the universe: Meaning those are the ones that separated everything into 6 groups in the first place.
    A Pantheon of Death & A Pantheon of Life. But as far as we know only the Emerald Dream, the moral plane & the Shadowlands are "realms." The rest are abstracts, only fit for higher, lovecraftian beings.



    But where do the Pantheon of Death reside? The Shadowlands; not the Death Sphere. That means the Pantheon of Life reside in its counterpart: The Dream, not the Life Sphere.

    Void Lords. Naaru. Titans. Eternal Ones. Pantheon of Life. Sargeras. Each sphere already has representation.

  8. #8
    The Patient BB8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Well the Shadowlands are "infinite" and we've only visited the big 4 zones. It would stand the reason the many "infinite" realms of the Shadowlands (as well as the countless more zones being created every second) would have an Eternal One.


    Or, unless, the rank of Eternal One is that of the prime hierarchy of the Shadowlands as a whole, with the big 4 zones serving as the most important ones that are essential to keeping the Shadowlands chugging on... and all other "minor" realms are insignificant in that grand scheme.


    /shrug
    I was wondering this too. If the Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death, who rules all the other infinite realms in the shadowlands?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Legion lore mentions a prison world called Terratus where rebellious demons were imprisoned. If there's something like a Pantheon of Disorder, they were probably cast there by Sargeras when he started conquering demons and building the Burning Legion.
    I wouldn't be surprised if when we get to the chaoslands or whatever Sargeras has murdered the Fel Pantheon.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Well the Shadowlands are "infinite" and we've only visited the big 4 zones. It would stand the reason the many "infinite" realms of the Shadowlands (as well as the countless more zones being created every second) would have an Eternal One.


    Or, unless, the rank of Eternal One is that of the prime hierarchy of the Shadowlands as a whole, with the big 4 zones serving as the most important ones that are essential to keeping the Shadowlands chugging on... and all other "minor" realms are insignificant in that grand scheme.


    /shrug
    It's been confirmed since day 1 of SL release that while the Shadowlands are infinite, the only Eternal Ones that exist are the 5 we meet.

    Maybe read up on the lore before starting to question what is already established.

  11. #11
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if when we get to the chaoslands or whatever Sargeras has murdered the Fel Pantheon.
    The place you're looking for is the Twisting Nether. And it's possible that the very nature of Fel/Chaos/Disorder is so against the concept of things being ordered and controlled that they couldn't make a pantheon for them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The place you're looking for is the Twisting Nether. And it's possible that the very nature of Fel/Chaos/Disorder is so against the concept of things being ordered and controlled that they couldn't make a pantheon for them.
    Pretty sure the twsiting nether is to the 'chaos land" what the dream is to the lifelands.

    Is it 100% it's the equivalent of the Shadowlands for Fel?

  13. #13
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Pretty sure the twsiting nether is to the 'chaos land" what the dream is to the lifelands.

    Is it 100% it's the equivalent of the Shadowlands for Fel?
    If you look at the cosmic chart that was released for Shadowlands, it doesn't even show the Shadowlands or the Emerald Dream, they're just kind of indicated in the overall "realms" that exist. If you study the pictures, you can see that Disorder just has a bunch of Burning Legion dudes in it, and we know where they come from: the Twisting Nether. It's the realm where demon souls return do when demons die. The Twisting Nether is absolutely the 100% equivalent for the Shadowlands.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Well the Shadowlands are "infinite"
    They did a really poor job catching that ''infinite'' feeling. The Shadowlands feels very disconnected and since we are not able to fly out of any zone.. it feels very small as well. I don't even want to see those other realm.. more like lets gtfo of here.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Maybe read up on the lore before starting to question what is already established.

    And yet, I didn't question anything. No challenge of the established lore was had.

    If you became rustled because I applied the title of 'Eternal One' to potential other infinite leaders of other infinite Shadowlands realms... you need to relax big time. Being snide doesn't suit you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I was wondering this too. If the Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death, who rules all the other infinite realms in the shadowlands?

    I'm sure there are other lords of various realms, but not apart of the specific Pantheon of Death that rules over the Shadowlands as a whole.
    Last edited by KNTRPRTS; 2022-01-18 at 08:19 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    So Blizzard stated that the Eternal ones are on par with the titans...
    And they also stated ingame that the Winter Queen calls Elune her sister.

    Now the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands are the Eternal Ones of the realm of Death.
    The Titans, although being omnipresent, could be the Eternal Ones of the realm of Arcane (this being their power)
    This would then mean that Elune would be (one of) the Eternal One of the realm of Life.

    If this would be the case, then we would have a ton more Eternal Ones.

    Heck, you could even say that the Void Lords would be the Eternal ones of the realm of Void!

    Could this be the case or am I trying to wrap my head around the messed up lore too much>?
    That's...how it works...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    And yet, I didn't question anything. No challenge of the established lore was had.

    If you became rustled because I applied the title of 'Eternal One' to potential other infinite leaders of other infinite Shadowlands realms... you need to relax big time. Being snide doesn't suit you.

    - - - Updated - - -




    I'm sure there are other lords of various realms, but not apart of the specific Pantheon of Death that rules over the Shadowlands as a whole.
    Yay...

    You get it, finally.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

    You get it, finally.

    Get what finally? What are you even talking about.


    Post specifically, not indirect and vague statements with no basis.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Well the Shadowlands are "infinite" and we've only visited the big 4 zones. It would stand the reason the many "infinite" realms of the Shadowlands (as well as the countless more zones being created every second) would have an Eternal One.
    Nah, the 4 Covenants are comparable to companies or a government, they keep the basics of the Shadowlands running. While it's possible there might be more realms with a specific function, it has to be assumed the others are mere retirement homes for souls of various types of religion/worldview, zones of rest. They might have leaders or overseers, but wouldn't need an Eternal One.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  19. #19
    Warchief Lupinemancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    So Blizzard stated that the Eternal ones are on par with the titans...
    And they also stated ingame that the Winter Queen calls Elune her sister.

    Now the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands are the Eternal Ones of the realm of Death.
    The Titans, although being omnipresent, could be the Eternal Ones of the realm of Arcane (this being their power)
    This would then mean that Elune would be (one of) the Eternal One of the realm of Life.

    If this would be the case, then we would have a ton more Eternal Ones.

    Heck, you could even say that the Void Lords would be the Eternal ones of the realm of Void!

    Could this be the case or am I trying to wrap my head around the messed up lore too much>?
    The term you are looking for is "Pantheon". The Eternal Ones are the Pantheon of Death while the Titans are the Pantheon of Order which was confirmed long ago.
    As of right now, we don't know if there is a Pantheon of Light, Life, Void and Disorder, but we can assume there is, although a unified council kinda goes against the whole purpose of Disorder.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    And yet, I didn't question anything. No challenge of the established lore was had.

    If you became rustled because I applied the title of 'Eternal One' to potential other infinite leaders of other infinite Shadowlands realms... you need to relax big time. Being snide doesn't suit you.

    - - - Updated - - -




    I'm sure there are other lords of various realms, but not apart of the specific Pantheon of Death that rules over the Shadowlands as a whole.
    Being an "Eternal One" is not a title, just like being a "Titan" is not a title.
    Eternal Ones are basically the Titans for the force of Death.

    And no, I became rustled because in order to have a meaningful conversation about anything the core concepts need to be clearly understood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •