Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the judgement on both Torghast and SL's legendary system which it is tied to?

Was going to make this into a poll but messed it up.

Two different things but torghast sucks crafted leggos interest some people annoy others would be the most likely responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Two different things but torghast sucks crafted leggos interest some people annoy others would be the most likely responses.
    Not that different since a big part of the leggo system is how it was implemented(which puts an emphasis on doing Torghast).

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Not that different since a big part of the leggo system is how it was implemented(which puts an emphasis on doing Torghast).
    Right am saying you will get different replies if anyone bothers to on the fact some people like the crafting part of it via professions.

Right am saying you will get different replies if anyone bothers to on the fact some people like the crafting part of it via professions.
    Well that's fine. Originally this was going to be a poll but I didn't do it right so now its more open ended.

Torghast and Legendaries are not bad, are not good, they are just average. I would give them 5/10.

That said I would give Shadowlands 7/10.

But I wouldn't call Torghast and the Legendaries the strong points.

There is lot of variety to Torghast.
    Lots of layers, difficulties, floors, anima powers.

Hovewer in practice, its not enough variety as the runs are too similar too each other.
    Last edited by Wadrak; 2022-02-01 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Torghast...but the rewards cap out quickly and you run out of reasons to run. There's some pets in there I'm still insisting on getting myself, but the currency is currently worthless to me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is mechanically is fine getting powers clearing fulls killing bosses all work pretty well, the problem is the place is an absolutely bore filled with the same enemy’s overs and over and only a few different floor design. If they took the same mechanics and gave it a lot more variety like say island expeditions and some cool rewards it would be fine.

Legendary’s should just go back to quest lines like mop.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I loathe the legendary system. The hurdle for self crafting is too high unless you absolutely no live it or play the AH and otherwise you get just fleeced on the AH yourself by buying the blanks. While the legion system had me pray to get the right one (before they finally fixed it at the end), at least by this point I had all legendaries and then some. Before my sub ran out a couple of weeks ago I only had 2 legendaries and it was only 2 because the domination shit system forced me to get it for another slot. It's awful and discourages experimentation just from the crafting part alone (unless you buy gold I guess).

Thorghast being such a chore on some classes and it being required on top of it for the leggos just excasserbated the whole thing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torghast sucked from day 1. V9.1 sucked slightly less, but it's probably the "expansion signature feature", that have sucked the most in the entire game.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Torghast and Legendaries are not bad, are not good, they are just average. I would give them 5/10.

That said I would give Shadowlands 7/10.

But I wouldn't call Torghast and the Legendaries the strong points.

There is lot of variety to Torghast.
    Lots of layers, difficulties, floors, anima powers.

Hovewer in practice, its not enough variety as the runs are too similar too each other.
    Really 7/10 that’s very generous, I’d give it a 3

my judgement is that i only craft legendaries i really need, instead of collect them all "just in case" like in previous expansions. and even less on alts.

having to re-craft it in 9.1 because i happened to have my legendary in a dom socket slot was also a nice touch.

torghast is the typical bad feature that becomes decent after several patches. it was quite fun once you unlocked final talent for it, but that also was the point where you had enough currency to upgrade your legendary so you stop doing it, and ofc it's not account wide so it's not like it makes life easier on crappier geared alts so all the more reason to not get a max rank legendary on alts. from what i hear torghast also gets completely scrapped in 9.2.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda dig Torghast, but the Warlock powers were super, super good compared to a lot of the other ones I read about. Can only imagine how hype it would have been with permanent Infernal still </3

Crafted legendaries... eh. Ended up making a kinda trash one because it was better than nothing, but the good one I wanted was a raid reward or something so I was never going to get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Torghast got better with each patch, though it's still not something that has me going "yay". The legendaries... Eeehhh.... I mean, the part where you get memories and use them on crafted items is fine, but the RNG some memories have and the endless grind of Soul Ash/Cinders and how some specs can easily get their BiS legendary, while others have to wait/grind to get it is too much really. Not saying I prefered the totaly randomness of the Legiondary system, but eh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Torghast sucks for two reasons.

1. Balance - there's VAST differences between how easy/fast you can clear it depending on your class. That really really sucks.

2. Difficulty - because Torghast is tied to power acquisition and is effectively a (soft-)mandatory chore, it can't ever truly be challenging or people would complain that their 7th alt can't complete it fast enough. As a result, it becomes a non-challenge for a lot of people, which takes a lot of the fun out of it and only exacerbates the chore qualities of an already chore experience. This then has ramifications for things like Twisting Corridors etc. as well, which rather than being difficult is merely tedious, because it builds on the same base system and only twiddles with the dials.

10+ Year Old Account
    having legendaries tied up with player crafted goods the way they were had me end up with not a single one on any of my countless toons. if they were something I could reasonably craft just for myself it would have been one thing but there's nothing impermanent I'm willing to pay that much gold to someone else for.

and now I've not played for over a month and am just waiting for my 6-month sub to die (in march) to be done with these bullshit systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad?

Torghast should just die in SL, but i doubt.. if it was mage tower 2.0 aka "not mandatory every week" i would never have done it and i wouldnt mind it so much, i hate torghast.
    crafted legendaries is kinda "meh", a base version can be crafted, but the good version should come from raid, not LFR, mythic + and pvp or some random mob in the world

They really need to stop making new features and throwing them out after the expac is over. It’s beyond dumb.

They should just keep Torghast going after SL, but make it an optional side thing with its own currency that can be used to buy a bunch of extra stuff.

Let it be an optional alternative to level in if people want.

Supposedly it’s where all bad souls go. So just use random current game assets to populate the wings to keep it fresh.

Add a mage tower wing.

There is a lot they could do fairly easily.

Tying Torghast in any way to throughput was a mistake. It became a necessary chore for most people rather than the fun side activity it could've been for some if the only rewards were cosmetic.

The fact that it was tied to the Maw/mawsworn/Jailor meant that it thematically was very bland. I hope they reuse the idea themed around something like the Dragonflights or maybe just something Chromie/Bronze drake related where you can be thrown into various settings throughout Warcrafts history.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-02-01 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of Torghast but the current version is not polished enough. As for the legendary system, I hate it. I'd rather we return to having questlines for earning a legendary.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..