Post 10.0 Return to Azeroth

I worked as an intern at blizzard and have recently left. I thought I would share some of what I have seen of 10.0

The expansion is called Return to Azeroth

There has been a revamp of the Eastern Kingdoms and kalimdor with northrend coming in a later patch.

There has been a 10 year time skip while we were i the shadowlands. Lordaeron has been rebuilt and is under the control of the alliance.

Turalyon will not give the throne of stormwind back to Anduim because he has "been touched by death"

The undead now live in Stratholme.
    The night elves now live in hyjal.
    Exiles reach is no longer the default starter zone racial starting zones are back and revamped with the world update.

The first raid is in black rock mountain. It is against some twilights hammer trying to create a new dragonflight.

Level 60 is the level cap with current level 60 being squished to 50. You can level 1-60 in the new Eastern Kingdoms and kalimdor. There is a main storyline that takes you through a few different zones with a few differences for different classes.

At level 50 we create an artifact weapon. It is customisable with different "parts" including hilts blades ect unlockable from different content. The expansion focuses on us building our Legend and this weapon is tied to our story.

Player housing has been added with different levels of upgrades intended as a gold sink.

A new currency has been added called badges of justice this replaces conquest points, valor points and the great vault. It is earned from pvp and pve and is used to buy gear of your choice.

There is a new class "tinker" available only to gnomes, mechagnomes and goblins

0/10 bro.

There was expansion Battle for Azeroth.

No way blizz gonna do another expansion with word "Azeroth" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by rewarded View Post
    I worked as an intern at blizzard and have recently left. I thought I would share some of what I have seen of 10.0

The expansion is called Return to Azeroth

There has been a revamp of the Eastern Kingdoms and kalimdor with northrend coming in a later patch.

There has been a 10 year time skip while we were i the shadowlands. Lordaeron has been rebuilt and is under the control of the alliance.

Turalyon will not give the throne of stormwind back to Anduim because he has "been touched by death"

The undead now live in Stratholme.
    The night elves now live in hyjal.
    Exiles reach is no longer the default starter zone racial starting zones are back and revamped with the world update.

The first raid is in black rock mountain. It is against some twilights hammer trying to create a new dragonflight.

Level 60 is the level cap with current level 60 being squished to 50. You can level 1-60 in the new Eastern Kingdoms and kalimdor. There is a main storyline that takes you through a few different zones with a few differences for different classes.

At level 50 we create an artifact weapon. It is customisable with different "parts" including hilts blades ect unlockable from different content. The expansion focuses on us building our Legend and this weapon is tied to our story.

Player housing has been added with different levels of upgrades intended as a gold sink.

A new currency has been added called badges of justice this replaces conquest points, valor points and the great vault. It is earned from pvp and pve and is used to buy gear of your choice.

There is a new class "tinker" available only to gnomes, mechagnomes and goblins
    This is the lamest fake leak I think I've ever seen.

Zero effort.

Some of this isn't even bad but, really...

1. There is never a time skip.
    Even the times people thought their was, it's always been confirmed that nope, there wasn't one. WoW is being told as a cohesive story without huge breaks where we're absent from said story.

2. We're not returning to Blackrock to repeat the same story.
    We've had tons of dungeons, books, raids and stuff about Deathwing, his kids and the Twilight Hammer creating new evil dragons in and near that place. Heck, we killed Nefarion for that, twice. And yeah, I'm sure they could come up with something yet again. But it seems really doubtful they'd make the main starting raid tier's plot a carbon copy of something we've done at least 7 times now.

3. New Class for 2 Alliance races and only 1 Horde.
    Ridiculous. Never gonna happen.