Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    this is delusional at the highest level LOL what you wanna buy shitty boe?
    You sure you thought this through?

    You buy the boost with the loot.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    >>Implying Microsoft is known for microtransactions more than Activision
    Lets not forget halo infinite where they take like 10 bucks for a suit color. Its gonna be a LOT worse than now

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    this is delusional at the highest level LOL what you wanna buy shitty boe?
    You buy carries with the gold though. It's not as direct as buying it directly from the store, but you use the gold bought with real cash to buy pretty much everything ... arena carries, raid carries, M+ carries.

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,871
    Emm what ? Check actual game shop LOL. Its full of mounts/pets and services. Maybe they will add some more ofc but is that bad ? Imo not really. Thats quite possible wow will go into game pass and they will add more stuff into shop. We will see. Tbh im a bit confused about that transaction. I do feel happy because thing gonna change but not sure of MS as chief.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Until now wow has been mostly microtransaction free. Yeah a lot of people buy gold and the occassional mount but that isn't that game breaking just an economy issue. However there has been ample opportunity for micro transactions to be implemented and cut out the middle man of players that make a side hustle with it. Here is what I expect to really see from the buyout

    10 extra loot rolls for 5$
    <Insert farmable resource here> 1$ a stack
    Experience buffs 1$
    etc etc
    Buying gold is like using real money to get everything you can buy in the game with gold.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    until now wow has been mostly microtransaction free.
    lol . Quite the take considering Blizzard's funeral is around the corner. I guess some people will follow them to the grave lol.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Until now wow has been mostly microtransaction free. Yeah a lot of people buy gold and the occassional mount
    "The game is mostly microtransaction free if you ignore the massive existing microtransactions" is... a take.

    10 extra loot rolls for 5$
    It's called getting carried and split raids. Wow token covers you there, already. Oh sure, you 'need other players'... but you need those too for those extra loot rolls.

    Experience buffs 1$
    Hear me out. What about charging 60 dolars for a level boost to 60!? 1 dollar, 1 level, genius! Why, it's almost as if we have this already.

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    It's been basically pay-to-win for years now...
    It's had microtransactions. But it has never been pay-to-win. If you understood what pay-to-win actually means, then you'd appreciate the distinction.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's had microtransactions. But it has never been pay-to-win. If you understood what pay-to-win actually means, then you'd appreciate the distinction.

    Right. Let me pay some bucks and get them pro-raiders to haul my arse through that mythic raid.

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,352
    Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    Buying gold is like using real money to get everything you can buy in the game with gold.
    There are numerous problems with this statement.

    Firstly it's misleading in that you don't actually buy gold. You buy a token. And while it may be tempting to claim that those are essentially the same thing, they really aren't. There are some similarities, yes, but there are also critical differences.

    The token is a currency of exchange between 2 players. Thus, what you can buy with it is constrained by what other players are both able and willing to give you in return. Things like supply and demand still apply and place a significant limitation on firstly how much gold you can practically acquire with money and secondly what you can practically acquire with that gold.

    It isn't at all game breaking as your statement would like to pretend it is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    Right. Let me pay some bucks and get them pro-raiders to haul my arse through that mythic raid.
    Sure, but that is not "pay-to-win". It's paying those who are at the top of the food chain to help you out. In a pay-to-win game, those who pay are at the top of the food chain.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Mostly MTX free?
    Bruh, you can LITERALLY buy ANYTHING with gold.
    They will be removing the WoW token if it is added to gamepass ulrimate which I am about 99.9% sure they will.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    It's been basically pay-to-win for years now...
    If you really want to stick to that argument, be my guest, but it wasn't because of Blizzard. Boosts and item runs have been a thing since Vanilla and it was players who facilitated the whole thing. It's still players being responsible for that. This will be a thing in every game where gear can be traded in one way or another.

  13. #53
    Now a days everyone using computer in their daily life and visit here for more information about Microsoft.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    There are numerous problems with this statement.

    Firstly it's misleading in that you don't actually buy gold. You buy a token. And while it may be tempting to claim that those are essentially the same thing, they really aren't. There are some similarities, yes, but there are also critical differences.
    What are you talking about. You're buying gold and you buy things in the game with gold, so you're really buying items in the game with real money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The token is a currency of exchange between 2 players. Thus, what you can buy with it is constrained by what other players are both able and willing to give you in return. Things like supply and demand still apply and place a significant limitation on firstly how much gold you can practically acquire with money and secondly what you can practically acquire with that gold. [/COLOR]
    What the fuck are you talking about. Everything you can get in the game is usually in supply. Who cares if it's supplied by other players? You still pay real money for ingame items, if you buy a WoW token.

  15. #55
    Doubt microsoft even cares much about wow, Candy crush alone brings them almost 300 mn players, wow is just a fly on the wall.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post


    Sure, but that is not "pay-to-win". It's paying those who are at the top of the food chain to help you out. In a pay-to-win game, those who pay are at the top of the food chain.
    That's an incredible bit of mental gymnastics. the payer is at the top. he's cleared a mythic raid, the hardest content. whether it's by their own merit or not has no bearing.

  17. #57
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,352
    Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    What are you talking about.
    I am talking about, as I made quite clear, how your initial assertion is problematic and misleading.

    Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    You're buying gold and you buy things in the game with gold, so you're really buying items in the game with real money.
    No. You're really buying the assistance of other players. In doing so, and within some pretty significant limitations, you're able to effectively to buy some items in the game with real money.

    You've conveniently ignored the following pertinent facts:
    • Availability of said items is not guaranteed
    • Affordability of said items, assuming they are available, is not guaranteed

    For example, let's say you're wanting to buy a BiS (or close to BiS) BoE item. Firstly there have to be players doing mythic raids successfully to obtain those items. Then you have to compete with everyone else wanting to buy the same thing. Even if you assume you're able to win the item, it's likely to be prohibitively expensive to do so. The nett result is that, statistically speaking, very few people are able to.

    Just because something is theoretically possible, doesn't make it practically achievable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    That's an incredible bit of mental gymnastics.
    Says the 11 post participant doing mental gymnastics of his own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kragan View Post
    the payer is at the top. he's cleared a mythic raid, the hardest content. whether it's by their own merit or not has no bearing.
    The people who carried you are above you. By definition, you cannot be at the top if there are others above you.

  18. #58
    "Real" P2W (not player boosting) just wouldn't work in WoW.

    Suppose you can buy mythic gear with gold (from tokens) or straight up real money. Okay, what do you do with it? If mythic raiding is still difficult, you'll struggle with it no matter your gear (if anything, having bought your way in means you've got less practice). If they design raiding around numbers and you faceroll through it with what you bought, you don't have much reason to do it more than once. What then, m+ dungeons that don't reward anything worthwhile? PvP? You're likely to just unsuscribe until the next tier.

    Players who don't want to pay would just establish their own goals. Is mythic impossible without buying gear? Then we'll progress and finish heroic. Oh, we've finished the tier earlier because we didn't have to run a higher difficulty? Then we cancel our suscription months before we would have, had we had a proper high end goal.

    They'd get some extra cash from whales who want to complete the game without playing it, and lose a ton of MAUs in the process.

    No, the real money with a game like WoW comes from expansions and evergreen/long-duration content. Stuff that keeps players invested, without feeling like a grind. Blizzard has always been chasing that. From dailies to world quests. From achievements to pet battles, to the mission table. From the tiller's farm, to garrisons, to class halls, to covenants. From scenarios, to Chromie, to visions, to Torghast. All the things people call "systems" and like to complain about, are attempts at having players log in to do something besides dungeons, raids, battlegrounds and arenas, because those things don't keep people playing for that long, and they take a ton of development time to create.

    They'll always sell cosmetics, and Microsoft -might- focus more resources to it. But if they want to keep WoW running, they know they can't fuck around too much with the core gameplay and its balance. They can only try to add stuff around it, which, as I said, is something we should be used to by now.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    >>Implying Microsoft is known for microtransactions more than Activision
    https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-a...soft-now-owns/

    Generally I think microsoft allows their studios to do what they want.

    I think this is a positive move overall.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  20. #60
    The best trick Blizz has ever pulled is convincing people there aren't any mtx in their games. In many ways they have found the perfect balance, probably the best dev work they've done since OW is pulling the wool over their average consumers eyes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •