10.0 - The Hour of Twilight (Not a leak)

This isn't another fake leak. This is just me doing a better job than the fake leakers at conceptualising the next expansion, based on what we know.

The Plot

• Zovaal is an unwitting pawn to Yogg-Saron. Death doesn't want to end reality. Death depends on the Cycle, and it cannot exist if there is no Life. The Void however, does seek nothingness. Oblivion. Yogg-Saron planted the seeds many aeons ago. Creating the Curse of Flesh, influencing Loken, and corrupting the Emerald Dream were all just small parts of his grand plan to interrupt the Cycle and pave the way for the Jailer. With Yogg-Saron and his brothers now dead, their essences have seeped into the world. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." The events of 9.2 will unlock this devastating potential. "Five keys to open our way." N'Zoth is inside the Black Blade of the Empire, because he has seen this future. He is preserving his soul from Death's advance so that he may live to fight another day. "Only I can save this world. Yield... and serve!" Think of him as a rogue Old God, the only one to resist Yogg-Saron, but by no means a good player.
    • Becoming Dragonsworn is our only way to prevent the Hour of Twilight. 10.0 is Cataclysm 2.0, but this time around the Black Dragons are on our side. Instead of wreaking havoc as an agent of the Old Gods as Deathwing did, Wrathion seeks to save us all. As the Old Gods' essences corrupt Azeroth from within, we need to travel to the fabled Dragon Isles and retrieve this mythical power. Another key difference from Cataclysm is that the Dragon Aspects no longer hold the powers they did back then. By adventuring across the isles, exploring the zones and unearthing their secrets, we discover these powers. The heart of the Dragon Isles lies in Uldorous, a secret Titan facility which was pivotal in the creation of the Dragons, and later the Aspects.
    • The Emerald Dream will play a pivotal role. As we enter 10.0, the world is in turmoil. Death exposed Azeroth's soul to the Void closing in around it. In a sense, Azeroth is dead. We need to bring balance to the Cycle and cleanse the planet from corruption. Pockets of pristine life will appear in scattered locations throughout Azeroth. Essentially weak points in the veil that separates the Dream from Reality. Players will be able to transition into the Dream from the corrupt Azeroth and strengthen their bond. This in turn will heal the planet. All the Five main Dragon Flights will play a pivotal role in restoring Azeroth, but the Green Flight will be especially important.
    • The world becomes reborn. Starting out in 10.0, much of Azeroth is corrupt and has become hostile territory to players (unless using Chrome Time to see an old version of Azeroth). A few zones will be revamped from the get go, including six capital cities and their surrounding areas: Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, Stormwind, Ironforge, and Nordrassil. Mount Hyjal has become the new home for the Night Elven race, and it is arguably the most important location in all of Azeroth. Standing tall as the final of the five World Trees (all the rest were either corrupt or destroyed by Yogg-Saron), this tree is the final link to keeping Azeroth alive. "Five torches to light our path." Should Nordrassil fall, it is all over. Over the course of the expansion, as players fight back against the Void with their newfound Dragonsworn powers, more and more revamped zones will become available to players. It may take a couple of years, and a few zones might remain dangerous areas forever. But eventually, Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms will be fully revamped.
    • There is no central antagonist. In 10.0, the main antagonists are all dead (the Old Gods). We are living in the nightmare they created, and should their minions succeed they will return in full force. But while the expansion is current content, focus will be mostly on players saving the world

Expansion Announcement Cinematic

• We see Wrathion flying through a storm, and the sky is dark all around him. He's being chased by winged beasts, agents of the Void. At last, he arrives on the Dragon Isles, where the light of the sun is still able to break through the clouds. No one has been able to penetrate its defences, and defenders with scales glinting in all colours are seen across the sky.
    • This cinematic takes place around the same time as Zovaal has been defeated and Yogg-Saron's plan to let the Void into the world succeeded.

Notable Features

• Dragonsworn Class Powers. Players can unlock the powers of the five dragon flights, as permanent additions to their classes.
    • Cross-faction Gameplay. Players from the Horde and Alliance will be able to team up to take down the enemies threatening Azeroth.
    • Player Housing. No revamped world is complete without a set of houses to call home. This feature will grow over time as more zones get revamped.
    • New Allied Races. In 10.0, Worgen and Undead will receive their AR counterparts in the form of Saberon (Horde) and Botani (Alliance).
    • Dynamic Content. Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are now designed in such a way that they offer evergreen and dynamic content in the form of World Events, World Quests, Bounty Quests, and Endless Dungeons among other things.
    • More Character Customization. All races will receive additional customization options, with notable examples being Lightbound options for the Undead and straight backs for the Worgen.
    • Dream Walking. As you travel the different corrupted landscapes of Azeroth, you will encounter areas where the Emerald Dream (or Nightmare) seeps into the world, affecting everything around it. Players will be able to step into the Dream and encounter an otherwordly version of the area. Once there, it is up to the player to restore the land and purge the Nightmare. If the link between the Emerald Dream and Azeroth becomes strong enough, the world could be rejuvenated.
    • Chromie's Watch Tower. One of the many interesting features found on the Dragon Isles is Chromie's Watch Tower, which will let you play through difficult challenges (solo and group content) set in Azeroth's past.
    • Raids include Uldorous, Elune's Gardens, and the Siege of Mount Hyjal (in which Sylvanas plays a notable role protecting the World Tree).

In the end, we'll end up with a fully revamped Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, designed in such a way that they never age or become out of date. As we move into future expansions, Azeroth will always be a solid backbone for the game.

Who better to trust for 10.0 leaks than a guy whose name is "Shadowlands is fake" and made this thread?

Probably the best 'leak' so far

This is sounding too good to be true. But with microsoft taking over, we could see this getting better moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Who better to trust for 10.0 leaks than a guy whose name is "Shadowlands is fake" and made this thread?
    This isn't a leak, it's informed speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    This isn't a leak, it's informed speculation.

Are you ever going to change your username?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    This is sounding too good to be true. But with microsoft taking over, we could see this getting better moving forward.
    The Microsoft take-over will not affect the next expansion's main core or start at all, since the deal isn't expected to be finished until June of 2023. If the game isn't out by then, I sincerely think WoW will take a massive hit to its reputation. Perhaps the end patches might be affected, or maybe mid-to-end patches, but definitely not the launch of the game.

Hey, there's still hope that Shadowlands is fake and they've been hiding a real expansion with a plot that makes sense!

Wild to me that most none of these posters even read the first sentence of the OP before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Wild to me that most none of these posters even read the first sentence of the OP before posting.
    It's the same unsubstantiated nonsense as the "leak" threads which is exactly why I said what I did. Saying it's "not a leak" is like screaming "fake news" at CNN.

Love all this despair for player housing. Its never coming to WoW, just accept it.

You lost me at "Zovaal is an unwitting pawn to Yogg-Saron."

That's like saying "The Lich King is an unwitting pawn of Hogger." Yogg-Saron is so low on the totem pole compared to the cosmic pantheons.

Ye, at least pick a more original name, the one that wasn't used in a major patch before.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You better write Tinkers before ***** comes
    Harbinger of Chaos is coming back on May 6 2022//

But what kind of fish are they gonna have?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, at least pick a more original name, the one that wasn't used in a major patch before.

It's an homage though.

I don't want to save Azeroth every expansion. She better be either dead or born in 10.0 . The trope of the World Soul is a joke at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You lost me at "Zovaal is an unwitting pawn to Yogg-Saron."

That's like saying "The Lich King is an unwitting pawn of Hogger." Yogg-Saron is so low on the totem pole compared to the cosmic pantheons.
    I'm not sure I agree. The Void is a bit like the Zerg. You could argue an Old God is a small piece of a Void Lord.

Also, the Jailer is a bloody robot isn't he, and he's supposedly behind everything in Warcraft. Up until 5 minutes ago, the Old Gods held that kind of status. I'm sure they could again if Blizzard decides to.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same unsubstantiated nonsense as the "leak" threads which is exactly why I said what I did. Saying it's "not a leak" is like screaming "fake news" at CNN.
    It's not unsubstantiated, it's speculation based on credible rumours and observations.

You're on a wildly different topic. Here, I'll quote the first sentence for you and put in bold that the OP is theorycrafting on what the next expansion could look like. Not what it is, not according to some leak, etc., just plain ol' fashioned speculation based on what we know in the game at the moment.

Also, there's 0 correlation between "fake news at CNN" and "not a leak." Sounds like you maybe need a break from the internet for a while.

This isn't another fake leak. This is just me doing a better job than the fake leakers at conceptualising the next expansion, based on what we know.