Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    we can expect the release in (late) summer
    Are you talking about summer 2023 right? Cause there is no way they're gonna be able to release a new expansion this year.

I'd say there is going to be an announcement soon, maybe next month or March and a release date on Q1/Q2 of 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNerd View Post
    Are you talking about summer 2023 right? Cause there is no way they're gonna be able to release a new expansion this year.

I'd say there is going to be an announcement soon, maybe next month or March and a release date on Q1/Q2 of 2023.
    The release date for the 9th expansion, should be this Fall 2022, if it follows the path all previous 8 expansions took, which was always a 2 year release window like clockwork, all WoW expansions have a release date of 2 years between expansions, every one of them. Now maybe not exactly 24 months apart, but some being 22 months, others being 26 months, but in general every 2 years a new expansion released.

Patch 10.0 in late Summer / early Fall this year, and the new expansion release anywhere from Oct - Dec this year.

Because patch 9.2 is due in March, and is the final patch for SL, no way that's the only content all year, with nothing else? That would kill off most subs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Tune in to see the future of World of Warcraft on February 30 at twitch.tv/warcraft"

That's how.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    "Tune in to see the future of World of Warcraft on February 30 at twitch.tv/warcraft"

That's how.
    They just reword future with Saga. They've done that for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I say that completely depends on how far they are in the development.

If we can expect the release in (late) summer we will probably get some some big reveals Microsoft has in store for their Blizzard IPs, then I expect some online announcment for the future of Wow, especially about the next xpac.

If they expect a release in winter and with Microsoft being a big supporter und contributor to the Gamescom I think it is fully possible they are going to give wow a big panel there, and announcing a new xpac would be a big selling point then - but that means withholding that big xpac hype almost for until september.

Which they wouldn't do because of Beta testing

Trailer reveal in February, online press tour and standard marketing on bnet and ads. Might be a live stream where Ion would still not have taken a single camera/stage lesson, even though he presents a multi million product.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    In a hot tub on twitch

They should mail out pamphlets to X amount of current subscribers. Maybe with a code for a mount that will be in the expansion. That would generate some neat hype.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2022-01-20 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    How would you do it?
    It's really doubtful, that they even develop next xpack now. I guess, it's about maximal money saving for Kotick - something like "As I sell this company, I will no longer invest my money into it - M$ will, when they'll buy it". It would also be bad, if current team would start to develop new xpack with current poor resources, but it would be M$, that would deal with this mess by it's release. It would be another wasted xpack. It's better not to even start.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's really doubtful, that they even develop next xpack now. I guess, it's about maximal money saving for Kotick - something like "As I sell this company, I will no longer invest my money into it - M$ will, when they'll buy it". It would also be bad, if current team would start to develop new xpack with current poor resources, but it would be M$, that would deal with this mess by it's release. It would be another wasted xpack. It's better not to even start.
    Kotick may be greedy (Hell, who at C-level isn't?) but he certainly isn't an idiot.
    a) New expansion is already at least halfway done. They start developing next expansion when current on starts not when it ends. So, there is already a hefty sum invested. And MS deal is not yet finished.
    b) Okay, lets assume development stops right now. What do you do with dev team now? If they are still coming to office and receiving salary, you didn't save anything. If they don't it means massive layoffs and then deal is almost certainly off.

The recent purchase made by Microsoft has put alot of eyes on them, they have attention brought upon them now.
    There also seems to be abit of uncertainty how this will affect Blizzard and their releases, what better opportunity to assuage
    any lingering fears than with an expansion reveal.