Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post WoW Expansion Leak(Story and Gameplay): Wings Of Vengeance

Notice: I was very tired when I pisted this and accidently formatted this as a real leak without a disclaimer. Obviously this is fake, and it was simply a passion project spurred by an hour long creative burst where I was just jotting ideas down which I later gave some structure(I even wrote Malygos instead of Kalecgos, lol) thank you to those who actually pointed out what you think is wrong, and just because I feel like it I will keep updating this to improve what I have(or delete and repost it so I can change the title, but I'm not sure how to do that...).

World Of Warcraft: Wings Of Vengeance
    (early March announcement)

With Zovaal defeated and the champions of Azeroth returning to their home, it will become apparent to figureheads in the Alliance and the Horde(such as Malfurian and Lor’ Themar) that to safeguard the future of Azeroth against similarly powerful threats, they are to need allies. With rumors having been spread about mysterious and dangerous islands across past decades, even more so after befriending the wayfaring Zandalari and Kul Tirans, it has been decided that expeditions should be sent in search of them and whatever magics they may carry.

New Zone: The Dragon Isles
    .Untouched since The Sundering, this long-lost island harbors Dragons, Proto-dragons, and the Dragonkin(see below) who have all evolved separately from our dragons due to the extremes of the environment and millennia of isolation.
    .The island will be quite large(roughly the size of Kul Tiras) and contain many environmental extremes and features, such as: a barren desert, a lush jungle, a boiling volcano, ice-covered peaks, a snowy tundra, a coastal beach, massive underground caverns filled with gemstones, and a lava river that flows through much of the landscape. The closer you get to the center of the island, the higher up it gets. Scars from a past war with the Old Gods will be visible throughout the island, along with hints of the old gods still being active.
    .The island is run on a social hierarchy, where the ancient dragons and their kin rule over the landscape. While the most ancient of the dragons and their children have the abilities that they did from the point of their creation and suffer from the actions of the Dragon Aspects back in Cataclysm during the defeat of Deathwing. They typically rest and nest towards the center of the island. Under them are the Proto-Dragons, who similarly evolved on the island but are seen as lesser by the dragons who were changed by the Titans. They typically rest in the middle areas of the island. On the bottom of the hierarchy are the Dragonkin, who were created when a few dragons decided to “meddle” in mortal affairs. When the sundering happened there were only a few Dragonkin in existence, all in a tight-knit community that were all brought to the island. They are viewed as ants and prey to the dragons and as lesser by many of the proto-dragons, but some among the proto-dragons do sympathize with them. They live on the far outskirts of the island, with a few daring groups setting up shelter further in.
    .Zone names: The Wastelands, Vun’Dera, The Shattered Coast, Duendor Caverns, Icebound Peaks, Has’neer Highlands.

New Race: Dragonkin
    .A mix of dragon and mortal, dragonkin stand and bear a similar stature to humans, but have scale, claws, and other aspects of dragons.
    .They will be available for both Horde and Alliance, and they will become available at the start of patch 10.2.
    .They will have extra stamina and block chance.
    .They, akin to other dragons, have a “breath weapon”, with the type of damage being relative to the color of a dragonkin’s scales(red is fire, blue is lightning, etc.).

Prepatch(10.0.1): Island Adventures
    .With a crew assembled(Shaw, Flynn Fairwind, Zekhan, and Skaggit) you head out on an expedition to find new land masses full of magical treasure and allies.
    .It’s going to be a lighthearted adventure chock-full of dark undertones from the islands and the dangerous creatures which inhabit them. These islands will hold a variety of interesting lore.
    .The dragon Isles will not be found in this patch, but numerous smaller islands will be. This will include the island landed on by Krasus and Rhonin in the War of the Ancients novel, along with some previously unknown even by myth.
    .This will shortly feature Anduin, yet scarred from his dealings with the Jailer, temporarily letting Turalyon keep the Stormwind throne as he finds peace with himself and the domination power that he was imbued within him.
    .New appearance options will be available for some of the allied races.
    .One new set of heritage armor will be created for each faction.

Release Patch(10.0): The Dragon Isles
    .With Turalyon getting frustrated by a lack of results, a rumor given to Jaina by Malygos will spark him to call for a greater expedition in search of a supposed “land of dragons”. The Horde council will reluctantly agree and send out ships in search of it in tandem with the Alliance’s voyage. This expedition will include faces such as Malfurian, Genn, Lady Liadrin, and Zekhan, along with a few other familiar faces.
    .The expedition will reach the island amidst a heavy storm, separating wrecking some of the ships on a rocky inlet of the Dragon Isles and causing them to sink into the sea. Thus starts the opening scenario where the player, along with any survivors, flee from any dragons who had noticed their arrival. They will be found and taken in by a group of Dragonkin.
    .Now on the island, it will be up to the player, other shipwrecked allies, and new dragonkin faces to push further and further into the island to gain an audience with whichever dragons lead its inhabitants.
    .An emphasis will be placed on Lady Liadrin and her connection with the Dragonkin, whom she sees as her people during their hardships after Arthas’s attack on her people. She will spark hope and give the Dragonkin a fighting spirit.
    Key Features:
    .Mission table where you can send your shipwrecked allies on ventures into the island, with a version of the bodyguard system being brought back.
    .Similar to the “Tomb Of Sargeras” patch in Legion, some structures will be able to be upgraded by a special currency and will temporarily unlock different game modes.
    .General updates to the professions.
    .Hunters can gain the ability to tame proto-drakes.
    .The Heart Of Azeroth will no longer work anywhere, even on Azeroth.
    .Shadowlands is being moved to Chromie Time.
    .Level cap increased to 70.
    .Players will be able to add Dragonscale Reinforcements to parts of their armor that have different effects based on the armor type(plate, mail, leather, or cloth). This can be removed at any time and can be upgraded by adding extra dragon scales. At certain points in the upgrade process, extra effects can be added depending on the wearer’s class. Some professions can craft materials for these.
    .New Raid: Cave Of Forgotten Treasures. Dive into the hoard of an ancient dragon to find magic items integral for your continued survival.
    .5 new dungeons and 3 new heroic dungeons.

Patch 10.1: Dragon’s Fury
    .Now with a solidified base and plan, layers will move further into the island to finally meet face to face with the dragons that rule the island, with many Dragonkin rallying behind Lady Liadrin. This will
    .When players defeat the final boss of the raid, it will be revealed that one of your most trusted allies will have been the true dragon who rules the islands. Whilst he absolutely despises mortals and sees himself above them, he, for the first time, used his draconic abilities to change his form to the Dragonkin whom players thought to be a trusted ally. With the knowledge of you and your allies he will backstab Lady Liadrin, killing her, and will mortally wound or kill most of your other allies before deciding you are dangerous enough to warrant exterminating your kind by bringing war to the rest of Azeroth.
    Key Features:
    .Expansion of the Dragonscale Reinforcement system.
    .General profession updates.
    .New raid. Take the fight to the core of the dragon society in the massive volcano that they use as their lair. There will be tier sets.
    .Further progression into elite zones and areas.
    .More options for the upgradeable structures.
    .New Mega Dungeon

Major Later Story Points:
    .With the dragons from the Isle of Dragons now causing destruction across Azeroth, players will manage a way off of the island to help fight them.
    .Genn, inspired by Lady Liadrin, will convince Turalyon to use the Greymane Wall as a temporary staging area for many forces in the war. He will not have the time or resources to build Gilneas into a strong enough focal point for the war, but he is done letting his people be without their home. This will help turn the tide from a defensive war to an offensive war.
    .Silvermoon and Quel'thalas will be one of the first places to come into combat, but will be defended by players and the combined might of the Horde and Alliance.
    .The dragon leader will, at the final battle in the Whispering Forest, start to be corrupted the now re-emerging Old God presence.
    .Turalyon will be influenced by the Scarlet Crusade, as he does not know their past. They will convince him to do terrible things which will be revealed in the final fight when his plans kill the dragon leader. These actions will cause Anduin to immediately take back the throne of Stormwind.
    Last edited by Tazerface; 2022-01-20 at 01:12 PM.

new race not available until 10.2
    fake

a block chance racial is a bit weird
    who cares about heart of azeroth
    zone names sound crappy

Might be one of the most cringe threads so far.

I don't get the fascination with making all these terrible threads, honestly.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Might be one of the most cringe threads so far.

I don't get the fascination with making all these terrible threads, honestly.
    Everyone thinks they're a game designer. At this point it's just a herd mentality kind of thing. I believe that it's not helpful to label them leaks. When more than half of the replies have the words 'fake' or 'fan fiction' in the first couple of sentences then the thread has already failed.

Hilariously, given the nature of Blizzard's consensus design—which is design by a large committee, something that will nearly always suck the life out of any good idea—one could take a half dozen of these "leaks", figure out which items are most agreeable to players and have a higher chance of coming up with something bland, average and closer to what Blizzard may do. The general awfulness of most of these is an argument against the 'solo design' idea though. But face it, these are amateurs even if they do think they're better than the designers at Blizzard.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-01-20 at 07:35 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This is the worst lol

10+ Year Old Account
    what a pity... Island Adventures - ofc they will introduce island expeditions 2.0 xD and dragonkin crap. Get over with it

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Everyone thinks they're a game designer. At this point it's just a herd mentality kind of thing.
    MMO-C game devs would flunk even harder than New World did.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

''5 new dungeons and 3 new heroic dungeons.''

what?what does that even mean?

Sigh how is it already leak season

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, true. I expanded my post to say what you just summarized in one sentence. It's fun to imagine bright, shiny MMO-C new hires at Blizzard bringing their story ideas to the table and likely leaving the meeting half-an-hour later an empty husk as they run into the realities of AAA design requirements. It shouldn't necessarily be this way but when there's this much money on the table being both a little creative and a lot risk-averse is a thin edge to walk.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Stopped reading at 'Malfurian' lol, people who can't even spell the names of the main characters right definitely have inside sources at Blizzard willing to break their NDAs and risk their careers for these geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Everyone thinks they're a game designer.
    Well after Shadowlands even my paraplegic grandpa can be a game designer, so why not?

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest the leak isn't bad and the exploration/shipcrew was really nice

Basically a revamped island expedition into what should have been since the start.

Dragonkin Race : Ok I can see it.

But the rest especially the story.....is terrible enough to makes me wonder if isn't a true Blizzard story telling

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because current WoW Devs did an insane job so good that ATVI sold to Microsoft ������

Why even waste time writing such dogshit.

Malygos is dead and Shadowlands won't be moved to Chromie times, it will be a new starting point same as BfA now. Good try but no.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post

Yeah because current WoW Devs did an insane job so good that ATVI sold to Microsoft ������
    Sick strawman, breh. Can't take someone seriously with a name like yours, sorry.

This leak is ofc BS.

However what surprises me is why people keep entertaining the idea of a Dragonkin race. There's no way they would ever add such a race and especially a neutral one too.

Also, srsly, just why write such BS and waste your time so hard? It's not funny, not "triggering", interesting or anything. 0/10
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-01-20 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    new race not available until 10.2
    fake

a block chance racial is a bit weird
    who cares about heart of azeroth
    zone names sound crappy
    How many classes can even use shields? Warrior, Shaman, Paladin and... that's it, i think?

For an absolutely ridiculous price, meaning they consider them quite valuable.

Sick strawman, breh. Can't take someone seriously with a name like yours, sorry.
    Isn't a strawman but I guess that if you mistake it for a strawman you are not in the position to have a proper convo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    How many classes can even use shields? Warrior, Shaman, Paladin and... that's it, i think?

For an absolutely ridiculous price, meaning they consider them quite valuable.

Not really since ATVI market cap was already at 50

They just have them premium price for the IP to throw them under game pass to get stronger against Sony / Tenc and pushing more MS as the Netflix of Gaming

Buying doesn't mean they are a strong company, MS bought Bethesda and they made Failout 76 so isn't the quality of the IP their aim but to have it for the Game Pass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ''5 new dungeons and 3 new heroic dungeons.''

what?what does that even mean?
    That 3 are only HC or Mythic like we saw in past expansiont

Oh, it's that time of the year with the fake leak

Isn't a strawman but I guess that if you mistake it for a strawman you are not in the position to have a proper convo
    You literally tried arguing something that I didn't even remotely suggest. That is a strawman, bud.

You don't want a convo, anyway. You made that abundantly clear from the get go.

Feel free to refer to my signature from here on.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2022-01-20 at 12:40 PM.