Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Dalaran be involved in Dragonflight?

Found this image

Looks like it's back in Hillsbrad. Maybe as part of the Lordaeron revamp?

yeet /10char
    Last edited by Demonly; 2022-04-05 at 02:16 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_third_war/

Looks like it was made by fans as a rendition of Dalaran before the Third War. Nothing breaking here, I'm afraid.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-in-patch-925/

Seems like Hillsbrad Foothills is getting some updates so it might be possible they land Dalaran in there

The bubble before wrath and Crater after doesn't match the size of flying Dalaran tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, if you had a flying city, why would you ever land it anywhere. Take that thing tooling around after the good weather.

There's some speculation that the Dragon Isles might be floating and Dalaran would be one way to reach it. I was thinking it might be destroyed though. Something unexpected and exciting to kick things off!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Man, if you had a flying city, why would you ever land it anywhere. Take that thing tooling around after the good weather.
    Those mages might eventually go oom

Yeah no Fanproject.

But i WOULD be ok with this.
    Not with another flying Dalaran AGAIN to save ressources....

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran is kind a space ship xd i do like it but again ?

I don't know if this is legit or fake, it's very hard to tell... but let's say it is a totally real screenshot from an early internal build of the city.

I don't get why they put Dalaran back in Hillsbrad again, I guess it could be because of the supposed Lordaeron update (Which also supports Turalyon's dialogue of him wanting to bring back the Old Alliance and possibly return the old human kingdoms to their former glory and Dalaran is one of the original seven human kingdoms), but if it's the major city of this expansion, wouldn't it make more sense to have the major city closer to where the real action is? (The Dragon Isles)

On top of that, this Dalaran has a lot more structures and buildings involved than the original (Both the Wrath and Legion versions are the same layout with the only difference being Dalaran sewers being the most changed.) So I'm not sure why they'd add extra buildings and make it even bigger when the original had every single building with each amenity we could ask for.

And also... that bridge to the city looks a little flat on the top of it. (I get it, Alpha build, not everything is perfectly polished yet) but it is pretty distracting.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saw that pic on reddit like a year ago.

Edit: Here we go https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_third_war/
    Last edited by thilicen; 2022-04-05 at 06:33 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varg Berserker View Post
    Found this image

could be part of a time travel bit via the Bronze

I really REALLY REALLY hope that we won't have dalaran as the main city ever again. I also hope that the next main city is not a circle.

good god I hope not. The last thing I want to do is run around that garbage circle again after doing it 2 xpacs already. I cant even explain my disappointment when I found out Dalaran was going to be the home city again in Legion. Not to mention Oribos, I hope Blizzard isnt that dumb and lazy to do it again

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly that image was sourced from a private server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this image

I absolutly love this idea. I really hope the next exp announce will give us all hope of this game
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

God I hope not. This city has been the hub already multiple times. I don't feel like trekking around this place for a third time thanks.

Found this image

It comes from the Lordaeron Project on modelchanging.com, I was working in that team as a 3D artist, so no sorry, it's fan-made.

I expect Dalaran to be moved back during a patch in this expansion. Not immediately, it will first serve as a staging post in Northrend, but after something happens in the 'first act' it would make sense for it to finally return to its original place.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they can update the skybox for all the old zones... and update all the trees with the high-res models, while we're at it!

All the updated trees that can be found in the Broken Isles and the Shadowlands, can be used all around Azeroth.
    Not to mention all the garrison buildings that can be used for updating the old towns!