Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Will we still get Wrath Classic

I know i cant be the only one wondering this. With Microsoft now having control over acti/blizz in the near future, do you think they will continue to work on legacy projects? i have been hoping for a while now for classic servers for various expacs and have been excited for eyars now for a wrath server. Will Microsoft let them keep making classic servers or do you think they will stop them and only move foreword with retail?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    How do you know?
    The deal won't be finalized until late next year. Don't expect drastic changes to their current activity at least until it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The deal won't be finalized until late next year. Don't expect drastic changes to their current activity at least until it is.
    that's my hope as well but there hasn't been much noise with blizz for a bit now one way or the other about upcoming wrath server at all. and blizzcon getting cancelled and them baggin on the game awards due to the scandal you would think they would say something to at least get some positive interaction but there has been nothing other than we will see what the community wants and i think that was 2 years ago now.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

How do you know?
    Classic makes money. Players want it.

I know several people planning to come back for WotLK classic personally. WoW's peak period, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    I know i cant be the only one wondering this. With Microsoft now having control over acti/blizz in the near future, do you think they will continue to work on legacy projects? i have been hoping for a while now for classic servers for various expacs and have been excited for eyars now for a wrath server. Will Microsoft let them keep making classic servers or do you think they will stop them and only move foreword with retail?
    I think they're more likely to mothball retail than classic. Once they get through wotlk they can just keep recycling that content ad nauseum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Microsoft most likely won't be involved with Blizzards projects and if WotLK Classic was going to be a thing there's a good chance that it will release late this year or early next year, which is before the deal is finalized. WotLK Classic hasn't been officialy confirmed yet other than hearing from Towelie that its going to happen.

Releasing classic costs almost nothing in terms of money while bringing a ton of money in subscriptions. Why would anyone not do it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Classic makes money. Players want it.

I know several people planning to come back for WotLK classic personally. WoW's peak period, IMO.
    im leveling toons on burning crusade just so they are ready when wrath servers open and my name reserved for my DK lol

Would you be too disappointed if Shadowlands is way more popular than classic?
    Stop trying to stir shit.

Nowhere did the previous poster mentioned which was more popular than the other, just that players want it, and that it will make money. Which it will, at very reduced costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's likely that it will be released. Classic has made money for them. Development costs are low and possibly lower for each new classic expansion since less has to be changed.

Doubtful that they will mothball retail. Because that would be ridiculous a fever dream. They both make a ton of money and it would be criminally stupid to stop either one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If they want to release Wrath classic.

3.0 was too easy

They should release 3.1 Ulduar patch rather early.
    Like max 2-3 months after release.

And then they can keep Ulduar up a little longer like 4-6 months to balance. Ulduar was great raid and it took much longer to clear it.

I do care more about Brawlers Guild right now. Will that be coming back with the next big patch?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    If they want to release Wrath classic.

3.0 was too easy

They should release 3.1 Ulduar patch rather early.
    Like max 2-3 months after release.

And then they can keep Ulduar up a little longer like 4-6 months to balance. Ulduar was great raid and it took much longer to clear it.
    i cant tell you how much i miss runnig ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    Releasing classic costs almost nothing in terms of money while bringing a ton of money in subscriptions. Why would anyone not do it?
    This is the only answer you need.

The ROI on Classic is always worth it. And that's completely ignoring them adding monetization to it like boosts and CEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc we will get it, Classic has been a huge success, Microsoft are not idiots, they obviously see this.

Classic Wrath will likely be out before the deal is finalized, so yeah.

Disregarding that MS has no reason to cancel Classic Wotlk.

How do you know?
    *insert meme of Mr krabs
    "Money"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    *insert meme of Mr krabs
    "Money"
    laughed way too hard at this

Well, they said the reason for buying Activision-Blizzard was to get a Metaverse going. What better way than to take the team behind the reigning champ for the MMO genre for nearly 20 years? Granted, the people who had the original vision for WoW and the people who were running it during it's peak are nearly all long gone. The idea probably being that since WoW has retained a significant player base that the developers on WoW understand how to make a universe and keep people participating in it.

My thought is they will rearrange teams and take select talent from each team to get their Metaverse team. The Metaverse is the equivalent of the space race for gaming at this point. The goal being beat Facebook (Meta) to the finish line.