Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    Blizzard wont go to MS hands until mid 2023, then some months will have to pass if MS is gonna make changes in Blizzard and some more months / years until this changes become live games. If WotLK classic depends on MS then it is at least 2.5 to 3 years away. With luck humanity will have nuked itself or will have destroyed the climate by then and noone will be there to play.
    Why? If Blizzard needed something the most was strong leadership and being separated from Activision greedy management mess and their own egocentric view of the state of the game. If anything MS controlling Blizzard is a necessary evil

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    To be fair Ulduar, ICC and Northrend were pretty awesome.
    In my eyes, that's the Pinnacle of WoW. They better bring it back!

I wonder when they're planning to stop?
    Wotlk is obvious, it's the fan favority expansion
    but Cata? It was horrible, but I am sure there is plenty of people who would like to replay that expansion
    MoP? that would be a great expansion to replay, the class design and pvp was superb, but would people care? it's gonna be like 6+ years removed from Classic, will people even still care about clasic experience?
    WoD? again, it was fun while it lasted, the class design was once again really great and the raiding system was the best we've ever got, but I can't imagining the majority of WoW fanbase getting ANY kind of hype returning to their garrisons
    Legion?
    BfA? That would be like 10+ years in the future, surely wow will finally be dead by then

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    How do you know?
    Why would they cancel classic? Its basically half the WoW playerbase at this point because Shadowlands is so fucking bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment TBC classic was announced I knew Wrath would follow. Wrath is arguably one of the most beloved expansions and has huge nostalgia. I remember back when Classic was announced many people on this forum said that they would rather have Wrath than vanilla. Well Blizzard is going to deliver.

How do you know?
    Microsoft bought an Actiblizz that was actively working on legacy projects, and which had two and a half legacy projects earning a tidy income. There is no reason at all for them to stop.

Classic is shitloads of money for little investment, why on earth would anyone cancel that Oo

All these people doompreaching about Microsoft are weird as hell.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Half the playerbase? At start of vanilla classic probably, but nowadays? I guess the hype came and went, and with it the players that expected way more from classic.

Classic is a museum. But it cannot reach the masses as it is from a time where mainstream MMORPGs did not exist and the community was way different.
    Yeah I guess daoc and eq didnt exist….

Did they even plan to release WotLK classic yet?

AFAIK they never talked about it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it later on this year, near nov/dec. It makes a great opportunity to pop a 6 month suscription with wotlk related rewards (no it won't be invincible).

I'm already preparing an alliance guild in the Bloodsail Bucaneers server to recruit for wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account
    wotlk classic is not a matter of if but when, and it'll probably be similar to TBC in that TBC will be out for awhile before wotlk classic becomes a thing. If there's a cash cow that's yet to be milked, you can be sure it'll be milked. I'd honestly take a peek at wotlk, if not for the fact that there's almost definitely going to be WoW token, carries, etc. everything that was wrong with vanilla and TBC will be wrong with wotlk as well. The game has been solved, there's nothing new, just reprogging old fights.

Now reprogging old fights can be fun, but with friends. Doing it with a huge group of strangers just to do it sounds ultra massively boring and a giant pain in the ass. And since 100% of my friends have all quit WoW, there's just better uses of my time.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there is money to be made, be it Activision or Microsoft, Wrath Classic will happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They hired the producer of EQs progression servers to oversee Classic. I dont know why anyone thinks they wont do Classic versions of every expansion eventually.
    Is that right? Didn't know that, thanks.

Anyway, EQ progression servers don't attempt to be snapshots of a point in time like WoW classic. They basically take the current ruleset, abilities, UI, etc, and cap the available zones and character level. They supposedly do go back in and selectively remove stuff they feel is too powerful, but it doesn't have the aspirations of WoW classic to be exactly like the game was way back then.

That's why I speculate they may skip Cataclysm and WoD. These expansions will be just as much work to implement as MoP or Legion but contain vastly less content, and are widely seen as lower quality too.

Microsoft will pump out the Classic expansions as long as they expect to make money from them, just as Activision would have. Considering that Wrath was extremely popular and is highly anticipated now, and that popping out a retail expansion one year and a Classic one the next is easy money, of course they'll release it.

Remember that from the business perspective there is no separation between retail and classic. My subscription is to World of Warcraft, which provides access to both.

Would you be too disappointed if Shadowlands is way more popular than classic?
    SL can have 5 times the player numbers,it doesnt matter when the costs of making it and upkeeping it is 50 times the cost

15+ Year Old Account
    No, they're not going to release Classic Wrath, or any other Blizzard games for that matter. In fact, I've heard they're just going to dump 68.6 billion dollars into a big pit, spend the rest on jet fuel, and set it all on fire.

I mean, come on guys. What kind of questions are these?

Why do you think Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard? This is like asking, "are we still gonna get Star Wars movies?" after Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Are you asking if Blizzard, a company that has re-released all of its lesser selling titles, will re-release its best selling project in history? My man they won't just launch WoTLK classic, they will drop it like an atomic bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The deal won't be finalized until late next year. Don't expect drastic changes to their current activity at least until it is.
    I say it will be 3 to 4 months at most, I'm not sure why you think it's going to be that long.

That being said they are alrrady working on Wrath Classic why would they stop its development now?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I say it will be 3 to 4 months at most, I'm not sure why you think it's going to be that long.

That being said they are alrrady working on Wrath Classic why would they stop its development now?
    Because they have to go through a ton of FTC regulatory reviews and are probably going to run up against antitrust investigations. This is one of the biggest acquisitions of this nature to have ever happened. Disney's acquisition of FOX ($71.3b) took about 10 months to get all the approvals after they formally started the process IIRC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I think classic has been a huge success. But BC Classic has been a failure. I always thought WotLK Classic would come, but seeing what happened to server pops in BC Classic, i am not so sure anymore. Dungeon finder could make Wotlk work were BC failed though (what i mean by that = taking away the meta player factor for pugs by removing the possibility for players to discriminate non optimal specs). And wrath babies are nostalgic as well. To be fair Ulduar, ICC and Northrend were pretty awesome.
    i can see your point with some of the servers in bc classic being like that but the ones that have active populations re very strong. for example US Pagle. taht server is as far from dead as it gets. others like US ashkandi are down but not dead. there are few total dead servers at this time and there are still a load of players in general across all servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

where did you read that they are working on it id like to read anything they have out about it as im chomping at teh bit waiting for it to be annouinced
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    money
    Thats why 90% of new released games are bad nowadays. Driven by money, not passion. Leaders are business mens and advos, not nerds and gamers anymore.