Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde World of Warcraft: On Shifting Tides (Leak)

(((((((((((((((((((((( MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hello, friends that both love and loath the World of Warcraft. Today, I have come before you with the actual leak to the next expansion that I, and hopefully you will be able to play in the distant future. All my information has come from blizzard developers that have walked out during the class action lawsuit that has transpired last year and through the beginning of this one. Due to the sensitive nature of these employees' no disclosure agreements, I am unable to give names of these unsung heroes that has bestowed this knowledge upon me. I'm simply a secretary that happened to be at the right place at the right time. Together, let's see what World of Warcraft's future has in store for us.

The Wrap Up:

During the journey through Zereth Mortis, we face the cultivation of life and death. The creators that make all matter on Azeroth exist seem to be within our grasp. During this time, we learn from these divine entities to create and break down the very fabric of essences and nature but soon enough we come face to face with the gates of oblivion known as, Sepulcher of the First Ones. It is within Zoval's domain that all our might and fortuity will be tested. The heroes of Azeroth will come before all matters of creatures. From Zoval's domination corruption that infest and stirs the hearts of unruly creatures that force life in existence to the security protocols that don’t want the world of the living there, we will face all of them, but after all that we come to the crux of our goal, to save Anduin Wrynn. It is through the harled of this glories battle that everything the champions of Azeroth have been through will be tested, mind, body, and the very soul that forges onward, unrelenting, and unyielding. During this epic battle, a long and forgotten soul plagues the stage, Arthas whispers through the Lion's ears but within the priest's mind, he hears the demands of Zoval. The Dark Lady knows that tone all too well from both the Litch King and the Jailer. She pulls from her dusty robes the only thing that will bring the King of Stormwind back to the light, a soul shard. A shard that cracks beneath the crooks of her fingers and to the king's shock he sees another soul that reflects through the eyes of the beholder, Varian. It is with Varian's warrior heart and father's intuition that purifies the twin blades of Shalamayn. The weapon's blazing fire burns away the domination corruption and thus the day is won for the moment. After an emotional goodbye to Varian, Jania ventures forth with her company and the champions of Azeroth leaving Anduin and Varian alone. They both share one soldiery moment before Varian's soul flows away into the brink of day.

The Champions come to one final battle. With the king saved, all that is left is Zoval. It is here that the heroes of the hoard and alliance face their final challenge and learn who the Jailer is and his plan. Zoval was once a powerful arbiter with the sole purpose of passing judgment. A dark whisper of a dying man torches his ear like fire burning flesh. A voice that forces his divine nature to propel one simple and yet difficult question, "Why?" As time passes, he grows more unstable to the point where darkness has overtaken him, and thus the Primus locks him away within the base of a tower that we would come to know as Tower of the Damned. Throughout this battle, memories of Zoval spill into reality, shapeshifting the minds of our champions. The memories become the battlefield but tell the entire story. Zoval's goal is to recreate the fundamental identity of life, and to recreate that ideology, the first soul created by the first ones must be destroyed; Azeroth. The Jailer plans is nearly completed, he successfully fends off the heroes as well as brings Azeroth to its knees until he sees the robed first one and once his eyes linger for just one second among them, he reverts and becomes deactivated. Just as quick as they came, the robed one is gone and Zoval is a husk, but the cosmic damage from the engine of certation has already taken its toll on Azeroth, victory never comes without ramifications.

For now, we tie up the elephant in the room, The Dark Lady, and her fate. At the end of our journey, there will be a new arbiter (full disclosure, the developers did not tell me who would be taking this role, there were multiple people talking to me at the same time and a lot to take notes on.) The newly appointed arbiter will decide the Dark Lady's fate. Jaina, Bane, and even Thrall want her in the maw but that is not the plan, she instead goes to Revendrath where Prince Renathal personally sees her sins. Sylvanas spends the rest of eternity atoning for her crimes. Everything is in place, our heroes say their final goodbyes to friends new and old and return to the world that once brought them to the afterlife, only to find their home in disarray.

Enter: World of Warcraft: On Shifting Tides.

Table of Contents:
    - Introduction.
    - Two New Zones.
    - New Class.
    - Class Changes.
    - Dungeons, designs and philosophy.
    - Raids and Story.
    - Player vs Player.
    - Progression Systems.
    - Final Thoughts.

Introduction:

Two phases of Pre – Patch:

Phase One:

A mystical voice renders through the ears of our champion of Azeroth. The tone and pitch sound like an old father figure that has been long since forgotten. The last time we saw this mage was during the times of old. Khadgar's voice always stims differently from the others so when he speaks our champion knows something has darkened our land. The mage informs us that the cries of Azeroth were so great that the blade pierced through her heart has all but shattered. At the wound, creatures mixed with fell remnants and domination magic have been wreaking havoc. It's up to the champions to clear out these new creatures and heal the wound. Though Khadgar informs us that there is something else on the Horizon.

Phase Two:

The Kirin Tor summons our hero to Dalaran and they meet Khadgar who informs us about the situation that has been happening since Azeroth's cries. Creatures that are not of this world keep shifting into our reality. It seems the title of the first soul created; Azeroth is connected to all other intelligent planets and world souls. When the Jailer tried to recreate life, they had to combine all souls into the first one to recreate everything at once, since the heroes stopped the Jailer mid-way through the process, Azeroth has been experiencing temporal shifting, bringing creatures into our planet and small island landmasses. The champions of the Horde and Alliance are tasked with investigating these new creatures and taking out the monsters that threaten our world. In time the Kiren Tor has solved the problem and is able to seal some temporal shifting, but in doing so, the power of the arcane mixed with the calamity that is happening shifts two new continents into our world: The Dragon Isle and Blackfire Ziggurat. Thus, the journey of the shifting tides has begun.

Two New Zones:

The Dragon Isle:

The Isle consists of five divided zones, each zone designed after the dragon flight aspects. The otherworldly aspects have suffered a great number of casualties during the temporal shift, killing their versions of the black dragon flight and the green dragon flight. The heroes arrive and help the remaining dragon flights to recreate the missing flights so that they may return to their planet, however, unlike the aspects on Azeroth, there is a sixth flight that tries to stop them at every turn; the White dragon flight. The white dragon flight has been infused by the power of the light and the power of an aspect. Their ideology is simple, submit to the light or perish. The other flights have been at war with them since their fusion with the light. This war has turned the Dragon Isle into a battlefield.

The dragon Isles has four dungeons with their own unique stories. By the end of the storyline, Wrathion takes it upon himself to fill the roll of the black dragon flight and works on restoring the order for the newly found aspects. Ysera gets reborn from Ardenweld and will become the new green dragon flight aspect for the time being. The story stops until the 10.0.5 raid. (I will get to it later.)

Blackfire Ziggurat:

This zone is supposed to be a void zone that has been warped into Azeroth. It's also an endgame zone. Not much is known about it other than it supposes to function like Suramar and that there are four dungeons within the zone. I was told that this is where the 10.1.0 raid will be. If I had to guess, this would be the intro to avoid lord. Velen and Tyrion should play a big part in this zone, as we all know, Velen has been gearing up for the light vs void war and Tyrion is the champion of the light.

New Class:

Scoundrel: (The name is subject to change to ranger instead. Though Blizzard likes ripping off their own ideas and putting said idea into wow, so I won't bet on it. The Scoundrel is a mercenary you can hire in Diablo 3)

Lore: After the citizens of both Orgamar and Stormwind witness the death, destruction, and famine plaguing their world, they rise to fight. Gamon leads the people of Orgamar while Harlan Bagley riles the citizens of the Alliance. Thus, they both train the citizens in the art of a bow, the strike of a sword and dagger, and the minstrel of courage. (Only classical races can be a Scoundrel, starts at level one, mail class)
    3 specializations: Warden (range damage) Pugilist (melee damage) Bard (healer/support)

Warden: The Warden is based around using a bow as well as a dagger. They are built around being able to use throwing weapons as well as using a bow. It was described to me as a ranger wherein most fantasy they would shoot their bow, run out of arrows, and then throw their weapon. The only difference in this is that the throwing weapon is retractable so I assume that a bow and a dagger in the off-hand would be the weapons. The spec is also a buildup and spends w/ using focus to build with your bow and then throwing your dagger to spend.

Pugilist: This is a melee class that uses both a one-hander in the main hand and a dagger in the other. It is supposed to show the balance of attack and using a 'defender' on the other hand for defense. It's built around the same concept as a fury warrior mixed with rogue utility often having a short burst of damage throughout the existing rotation rather than using a cooldown then rotation. Not to say that there aren’t cooldowns.

Bard: this specialization uses the new weapon in-game; a gamba or viol. With it, the bard can send out a short burst of heals to multiple targets as well as give short buffs to their comrades. The mechanics of this specialization is to place well time buffs on your party members then heal them during moments of damage. With that being said, there is a tone of buffs that are 10-15 seconds long that the bard can apply. One skill was described to me called "The Wandering Minstrel" where the bard sends out a five-second shield to all party members and with the shield, they take no damage. Another spell is called "Rally the People" Which gives party members fifteen percent strength, agility, and intellect for 10 seconds.

Class Changes:

Each existing class will be getting a new specialization apart from druids. However, they only shared three of these new specializations with me because the other ones are still being debated in terms of what they should do. (Take this with a grain of salt because this was shaky ground for them and they often changed what they said, but still I was able to get three clear specs for the three added classes)

Death Knight: Necromancy comes to the death knight, being able to wield much more ghouls and even skeletons. They are a melee spec that use bone-based spells and curse debuffs on their foes and buffs on their undead pets. Inspired by the Diablo two necromancer.

Monk: Soul fist comes to the monk. The spec is a range agility-based damage where the monk channels their chi and turns the energy into devastation projectiles. Inspired by the skill Chi-Wave.

Demon Hunter: Render comes to the demon hunter, a spec that heals their allies by attaching bits and pieces of their soul back together. Inspired by the intro demon hunter quest line where a soulrender demon hunter restored another demon hunter by attaching their soul back together.

Dungeons:

The philosophy of dungeons is going to play a big part in the progression systems. In short, you should be able to get currencies throughout the expansion by doing any content but even more so with dungeons. For example, for those that delve into mythic pluses, you should get higher currency rewards pending on how high you climb. With each update to the expansion, the rewards are also added on and never subtracted. I was told that the plan is to put dungeons at the front of the three pillars of content and there should always be a reason for players to run heroics, mythic, and mythic pulse.

Raids and Story:

For now, there is only one raid that has any solid information, and that is the raid from the dragon isles. Though if I had to guess their will be two other raids as far as the story is concerned or one more raid and a mega-dungeon. The dragon isle raid is dubbed: Wrath of the Creators (though this may change due to how on the nose it is.) There will be a dungeon, one of the four on the dragon isles that introduce what the white dragon flight can do which is the power of creation, turning prototype dragons into scales and blood ones. Wrathion takes a select few heroes to investigate the power of the white dragon flight and journey into an unknown mountain. At the end of the dungeon, the black prince and the heroes find out the true power behind the flight thus Wrathion prepares and plans a raid to attack the white dragon flight on their home turf. The raid ends with the aspect of the white dragon flight kneeling over in defeat, Wreathen kills him and takes his heart out, with the power of creation in his hands, he will restore the black dragon flight on the isles and Azeroth.

Player vs Player:

Very little was given to me about pvp. We just know that there will be two new arenas and two new battlegrounds. They did mention another mode for pvp but take that with a grain of salt. The mode they mentioned is called Last Man Standing, which would be a battle royal of about ten to fifteen players fighting until only one remains.

Progression Systems:

World Shaping is the progression system of the expansion in which the heroes must repair the dimensional shifts that have been appearing within Azeroth. Upon completing dailies and quests, you can spend the currency received to progress through the world shaping skill tree which gives you benefits out in the open world. The system will not impact your character directly, however, the development team alludes to another system that will directly impact your character but with no time gating.

Final thoughts:

All information comes from the development team that walked out and spoke out of anger and rage rather than an actual interview, thus some information is more detailed than others. Personally, all information is true to my knowledge and the sources are in fact reliable. I hope this helps people to decide rather or not to make this game thrive once more. For those who love this game and have played it for a decade, the community is not what it used to be. The best part of logging into World of Warcraft is playing with your friends, hoping in Ventrilo, and talking to people that you otherwise could not. It is the people that make this game and I hope this leak is enough to make the community resub or decide rather or not to unsub. Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope leak season gives you all something excited to look forward to.

Sound like a for sure thing

So this is what you were spamming posts for; your fanfic.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reads like it was taken from somewhere but I'm not sure where.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleBobBuffPants View Post
    (((((((((((((((((((((( MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    You ment to say, MASSIVE SPAMBOT ALERT? Right?

Yea, thought so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Fake as fuck.

Sin one: no tinker

Sin two: battle royal already exists in wod and it sucks terribly.

Funniests laughable garbage tier effort of them all i have seen literally.

Why isn't this OP banned already...

Dumb little loser.

Hmmmm nice nice but ..dude I think you forgot Tyrion is dead as in dead dead.

Yeah no not true, and one issue you say we save Anduin and then say

"The Champions come to one final battle. With the king saved, all that is left is Zoval. "

But Anduin isnt the last boss before Zoval.

Didn't get past the title - I don't think there's any chance that Blizzard would title a new expansion

A) using "tidal" imagery just one expansion removed from BFA which was just filthy with it everywhere
    B) that riffs on a Pirates of the Caribbean sequel title at all

That's just not a thing that's happening.

*Lich

Longerwordsoicanpost

10+ Year Old Account
    Please leave in shame OP.

leaks dont have full information in them
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

So you got this info at the walk outs 6 months ago and post it this week, when everyone else is posting leaks? Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many obvious spelling errors done on purpose.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

If you're going to post a fake leak, the least you could do is make things sync up with what we already know from datamining the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Fake as fuck.

Sin one: no tinker

Sin two: battle royal already exists in wod and it sucks terribly.
    you mentioned the word

sounds of mechanical rattling in the far distance
    Last edited by Enter Name Here; 2022-01-28 at 02:51 PM. Reason: atmosphere

Does anyone actually take the time out of their day to read all those "leaks"?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Does anyone actually take the time out of their day to read all those "leaks"?
    I skim through them if they aren't too wordy. Some neat ideas created by the community. Sometimes better than what Blizzard actually thinks up. But typically if its too long or too detailed, its almost certainly a fake and gets a pass from me. Like this one.