Expansion Mastery

What would you guys think of a system that shows mastery over an expansion, that does not offer any sort of player power or economy manipulation?

Like you'd have to complete EVERY aspect of an expansion (lore master, explore, all achievements for that expac, etc) to get these collector cosmetic items?
    Instead of one mount you get one for each zone of that expac and one for the overall theme. Pets in a similar fashion. Handful of toys and titles. A few transmog sets. Just a big stash of rewards for 100% completion of an expansion.

Again no player power or perks like 5% xp in this area.....fuck that. Strictly cosmetic collectables that you have to put in the work for.

It honestly sounds like a bad idea to me personally but it would never appeal to me personally...nor many people.

WoW is a highly fragmented game with a community that is constantly at war with itself. People who enjoy raiding rarely enjoy pvp who in turn rarely enjoy questing , who rarely enjoy pet battles, etc.

I think you would just get a lot of people annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    It honestly sounds like a bad idea to me personally but it would never appeal to me personally...nor many people.

WoW is a highly fragmented game with a community that is constantly at war with itself. People who enjoy raiding rarely enjoy pvp who in turn rarely enjoy questing , who rarely enjoy pet battles, etc.

I think you would just get a lot of people annoyed by it.
    Why would you be annoyed by it? It's completely optional, and not required in the least

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Why would you be annoyed by it? It's completely optional, and not required in the least
    Because I played wow these past few years and I can't imagine blizzard doing something like that without adding some moronic system to it.

Completing 100% of all content available in a given expansion nets you a consumable reward, that when consumed, gives the next thing you kill within that expansion a 100% chance to drop its entire loot table.

So, example:

• complete 100% of Wrath content available, from quests, to dungeons, raids, PvP stuff, etc.
    • get consumable, get to Arthas, use consumable, kill Arthas, Invincible 100% drop rate.

Don't achievements already cover this?

Sounds like Achievements. Like, the Achievements that grant rewards for having completed other Achievements. We already have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sounds like Achievements. Like, the Achievements that grant rewards for having completed other Achievements. We already have that.
    Double meta achievements. Because reasons.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What would you guys think of a system that shows mastery over an expansion, that does not offer any sort of player power or economy manipulation?

Like you'd have to complete EVERY aspect of an expansion (lore master, explore, all achievements for that expac, etc) to get these collector cosmetic items?
    Instead of one mount you get one for each zone of that expac and one for the overall theme. Pets in a similar fashion. Handful of toys and titles. A few transmog sets. Just a big stash of rewards for 100% completion of an expansion.

Again no player power or perks like 5% xp in this area.....fuck that. Strictly cosmetic collectables that you have to put in the work for.
    I think the reputation stuff is enough for that.

Zereth Mortis mounts are heavily themed and locked behind the 9.2 content.

Argus' Lightforged mount requires "mastery" or Argus.

I actuslly love all of the transmog and cosmetics from Renown, which will be presumably still need to be grinded in future expansions

Because a section of the player base will consider it "meaningless" "dead on arrival" or even "not content" if it doesn't provide player power. Evidence of this most recently comes in the response to the cypher system.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.