Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Omg they brought back Soulburn and Soulswap

Thank you blizzard, just for this my hype for Dragonflight is significantly increased.

There's lots of other cool and interesting talent picks in the tree, especially burning rush being so easily accessible meaning we can almost always chose to sacrifice life for speed, well done devs. Color me hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Thank you blizzard, just for this my hype for Dragonflight is significantly increased.

There's lots of other cool and interesting talent picks in the tree, especially burning rush being so easily accessible meaning we can almost always chose to sacrifice life for speed, well done devs. Color me hyped.
    And there's even a talent to make Burning Rush even faster. This + getting Spelllock as an ability is the best thing yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    And there's even a talent to make Burning Rush even faster. This + getting Spelllock as an ability is the best thing yet.
    It's a talent now, not baseline. Perk of it being a pet ability was you could interrupt while being CCed.

I played with the talent tree, while I think the spec trees look good, I am not a huge fan of the class tree from a PvP point of view. Everything you need is pretty much a talent now - Spell Lock, Howl of Terror/Death Coil, Demonic Circle and Demonic Gateway are all talents now. I know they brought back Shadowfury but with a 1,5 cast time (it used to be 0,5 cast) and Shadowflame (hopefuly it doesn't have shit hitbox like it used to have). The only thing I like is they brought back Soul Link and there seems to be a lot of talents to make us tanky again.

With that being said, I think it's badly designed. The path choices don't make a lot of sense and possible synergies are weirdly spaced out. I personally find the last row really lackluster when comparing to other classes. It seems like they gutted the class and put everything into the talents.

Hopefully Monk trees will be any good, otherwise I am not interested at all.

I'm just glad I'm finally going to be able to summon a pitlord.
    NEVER picking tyrant over the pitlord, no matter how much better tyrant will likely be until around 10.2 for decent haste levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    It's a talent now, not baseline.
    I know, but I can't think of a situation where you would NOT spec into it, unless maybe some hyper optimized raid strat when you know you won't need an interupt in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    NEVER picking tyrant over the pitlord, no matter how much better tyrant will likely be until around 10.2 for decent haste levels.
    It is quite a SMALL Pitlord though and only for 10 seconds. Hope you have fun with it though!

I also tried a Demo build without Tyrant, but I chose the other path and ignored Nether Portal too. Was some kind of funky caster Demo, where you basically produced Imps and some Dreadstalkers optimization, and the rest just be a Demonbolt turret. It played okay, but no idea about the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but I can't think of a situation where you would NOT spec into it, unless maybe some hyper optimized raid strat when you know you won't need an interupt in the fight.
    And that's exactly why it's bad design. It's mandatory PvE or PvP. Why don't make it a baseline change and give us something else instead, like something new actually?

I know Warlocks aren't the only class to have their interrupt being a talent now. I get it on hybrids, but why some Pure DPS classes though?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a talent now, not baseline. Perk of it being a pet ability was you could interrupt while being CCed.

I played with the talent tree, while I think the spec trees look good, I am not a huge fan of the class tree from a PvP point of view. Everything you need is pretty much a talent now - Spell Lock, Howl of Terror/Death Coil, Demonic Circle and Demonic Gateway are all talents now. I know they brought back Shadowfury but with a 1,5 cast time (it used to be 0,5 cast) and Shadowflame (hopefuly it doesn't have shit hitbox like it used to have). The only thing I like is they brought back Soul Link and there seems to be a lot of talents to make us tanky again.

With that being said, I think it's badly designed. The path choices don't make a lot of sense and possible synergies are weirdly spaced out. I personally find the last row really lackluster when comparing to other classes. It seems like they gutted the class and put everything into the talents.

This was pretty much my exact thought and we're still playing with malefic rapture which I personally hate. Much prefer to go back to the Wotlk or MoP or even legion play style and honestly probably in that order as well.

Actually very much a fan especially from pvp perspective. You can now get spelllock but use a non felhunter pet (so imp vs hunter freeze trap+interrupt for healer). You can get burning rush if people hugging pillars or if you need to stay fast, but also get soul link, soul leech AND dark pact for maximum defense. Obviously they need to make it talents much like they do all the other classes thus far, else they'll be too much bloat and without good or fun reason.

But still, there's lots of cool new/returning stuff as well, now between deathbolt, pvp talents, soulburn and soulswap you're likely to always be able to spend shard (especially as affliction which had the biggest trouble with it). While i'll always miss mop lock, this looks very promising and potentially involving lots of fun choices for both different pvp matches and pve.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree malefic isn't the best spender we had (i pref mop/wod haunt for empowering your dots rather then scaling linearly with each dot, seems to make more sense and keep dots as dmg source). But now Vile Taint also applies agony so aoe spender became much better and with less ramp, and for single target malefic works fine, and for pvp as said above we got a ton of new spender options that make for much more nuanced/interesting gameplay (instant gateway, 50% speed on circle, damage reduction for pet with health funnel? sign me up).

They brought back quite a lot of stuff. Old talents and abilities, Legion's artifact traits, Azerite traits, Covenant abilities. I think there are some old tier bonuses there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post

I LOVE Soulswap. I never understood why they removed it to start with.

It increases the skillcap - but in such fun and elegant way.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-08-18 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    Nether Portal route is the worst part about the Demo tree. Nothing like ramping for 30 seconds and praying you don't get a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nether Portal route is the worst part about the Demo tree. Nothing like ramping for 30 seconds and praying you don't get a mechanic.

Demo tends to have a ton of demobolts though, so its only if mechanics stop you from casting even sporadic hand of guldans that its a real issue, and also the nether portal itself does good dmg, the pitlord just keeps it going presumably. You're still right that its a huge ramp, but i'm willing to give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

It's not the old Soul Swap though. They reused the name but it's now just an ability that instantly puts your main dots on the target, at the cost of 1 shard.

Old Soul Swap was hilarious and super difficult to use. Breathe in dots with full snap shot buffs (when snap shotting was still a thing), wait till proper moment to breathe them out again, and then juggle the breaths with your clockwork timed trinkets (when those were still a thing) to always have max buff dots available.

But it's not that Soul Swap, for better and for worse.

Soul Swap

its not the "real" soulswap though. its just the spriest talent for affli

It's not the old Soul Swap though. They reused the name but it's now just an ability that instantly puts your main dots on the target, at the cost of 1 shard.

Old Soul Swap was hilarious and super difficult to use. Breathe in dots with full snap shot buffs (when snap shotting was still a thing), wait till proper moment to breathe them out again, and then juggle the breaths with your clockwork timed trinkets (when those were still a thing) to always have max buff dots available.

But it's not that Soul Swap, for better and for worse.

Soul Swap
    I genuinely got disappointed. I was ready to main warlock and get back to the game. The new one sounds plain and boring.

I remember mastering it in raids would put serious competition based on skill.

Why did they remove the OG version?

I genuinely got disappointed. I was ready to main warlock and get back to the game. The new one sounds plain and boring.

I remember mastering it in raids would put serious competition based on skill.

Why did they remove the OG version?
    maybe because snapshotting is removed? just a guess tho

15+ Year Old Account
    1,5 cast time Shadowfury?

Then its only usable in two scenarios:
    * while someone is already in a snare, root
    * denial of space in advance (which also depends on how much, or preferable little space there is to begin with)
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Great. Now bring back dot snapshotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    1,5 cast time Shadowfury?

Then its only usable in two scenarios:
    * while someone is already in a snare, root
    * denial of space in advance (which also depends on how much, or preferable little space there is to begin with)
    Welcome to the world of Capacitor Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Welcome to the world of Capacitor Totem.
    The instant cast, unkickable capacitor totem?