Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just want my metal game back

World of Warcraft, or Warcraft in itself is a good example of how a game got infested and subverted by outsiders while the main audience got pushed aside.

Warcraft used to be high fantasy with a good dose of heavy metal. The devs themselves were big metalheads and this in turn contributed to the creativity of World of Warcraft. A lot of WoW's lore and metal itself goes hand in hand with European pagan folklore.

Nowadays, anything linked to that is painted as being toxic.
    We have to be open, inclusive and basically: times change, shut the fuck up and go consume other media. WE took over this game buddy. You're old, irrelevant and the new audience is here and they HATE you.

The hijack was succesfull. Can't wait to read of stories from crazy cat ladies sitting inside their appartment for sure, while they ramble on Twitter about being a morally high virtue signaling grandstanding person. Woohoo.

that's literally every game.. the internet is mainstream now.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    When did this game ever have heavy metal? Outside of that special temporary boss in tbc Kara that dropped a guitar?
    undead... and their /dance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well this is a wierd thread... No one is hating you, heavy metal or European pagan folklore. But you do however need to move in. It's been 17 years anyways, did you expect everything to stay the same?

Also, erm... Metal culture is pretty open and inclusive so.... Yeah. Oh unless of course by "metal" you solely refer to bands such as Pantera, Hatesphere and the like... Urgh.

- - - Updated - - -

When did this game ever have heavy metal? Outside of that special temporary boss in tbc Kara that dropped a guitar?

Honestly this thread reads like somebody complaining that being an asshole isn't acceptable behavior anymore
    Yup, pretty much. Big ol' dose of "back in MAH day!".
    Last edited by Venziir; 2022-01-21 at 08:19 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hah true the headbanging haha. Oh how miss how much mor fun the game was when undead could...oh wait
    u said there's no metal in the game

there is

Lol at people who think heavy metal or metal culture is just banging your head playing loud rock music.

Really why WoW is losing its grasp.

THIS is why WoW was so good.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=f2OV4Q5N_K0

And it's never coming back.

Honestly this thread reads like somebody complaining that being an asshole isn't acceptable behavior anymore
    The tone. The Orcs. The muscles. The bloodlust. It’s not literal heavy metal being included. It’s the tone from that genre.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't L70ETC originally a bunch of employees who made a band? Or is that just my rosey goggles lying to me again.

I Am Murloc got my wife into Hearthstone for some reason.

I do miss seeing them in random places in the world. Back in TBC, I was fortunate to stumble upon their show in Shat entirely by accident, it brought me a genuine chuckle. if Silvermoon ever does get updated, I hope they keep the fans fawning outside Vicious' balcony (assuming it hasn't already been removed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    World of Warcraft, or Warcraft in itself is a good example of how a game got infested and subverted by outsiders while the main audience got pushed aside.

Warcraft used to be high fantasy with a good dose of heavy metal. The devs themselves were big metalheads and this in turn contributed to the creativity of World of Warcraft. A lot of WoW's lore and metal itself goes hand in hand with European pagan folklore.

Nowadays, anything linked to that is painted as being toxic.
    We have to be open, inclusive and basically: times change, shut the fuck up and go consume other media. WE took over this game buddy. You're old, irrelevant and the new audience is here and they HATE you.

The hijack was succesfull. Can't wait to read of stories from crazy cat ladies sitting inside their appartment for sure, while they ramble on Twitter about being a morally high virtue signaling grandstanding person. Woohoo.
    This is literally the worst mentality towards WoW that I've ever read.

WoW has evolved with the times, much like everything else does. What's acceptable 10 years ago isn't acceptable now, and in 10 years time there will be things that are acceptable now that aren't then. That's just what happened in life. There's plenty that was acceptable 50 years ago that really isn't now, all for good reason. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being more open and inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    This is literally the worst mentality towards WoW that I've ever read.

WoW has evolved with the times, much like everything else does. What's acceptable 10 years ago isn't acceptable now, and in 10 years time there will be things that are acceptable now that aren't then. That's just what happened in life. There's plenty that was acceptable 50 years ago that really isn't now, all for good reason. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being more open and inclusive.
    Literally what is wrong for being a "heavy metal game". I don't feel represented by other media like star wars or cape hero movies. I don't fucking care about those. How is it toxic to cater towards a genre.

What's this design even about? You can't have a strong focused audience, you must open up towards everyone? Go away. If I don't like a piece of media I simply will not pay attention towards it and keep my money, instead of demanding and crying to be included.

Really want to know who the fuck is pushing this mindset. Stay out of people's hobbies.

Lol at people who think heavy metal or metal culture is just banging your head playing loud rock music.

Really why WoW is losing its grasp.

THIS is why WoW was so good.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=f2OV4Q5N_K0

And it's never coming back.
    This music (and songs like it) play every month during Darkmoon Fair. None of it's gone anywhere.

Everything you just mentioned is still in the game?
    It's not. The narrative swayed off that since WoD and all we got is Anduin and some bullshit about Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The tone. The Orcs. The muscles. The bloodlust. It’s not literal heavy metal being included. It’s the tone from that genre.
    That's a ripoff of Warhammer, which itself is way more fucking metal than WoW could ever be.

Warhammer is Bolt Thrower, Warcraft is Poison.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    This music (and songs like it) play every month during Darkmoon Fair. None of it's gone anywhere.
    Vibes bro. Vibes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I have never liked heavy metal, was I not supposed to like WoW?
    An Karanir Thanagor

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Oh sorry, I have never liked heavy metal, was I not supposed to like WoW?
    Weird how it never caught onto you.

So orcs aren't in the game anymore? And if they are they are scrawny???? Didn't somebody commit genocide last expac? What's more "metal" than genocide lmao

Warcraft has ALWAYS had "Saturday morning cartoons" vibe since wc3. If you think that's metal it says more about you than the game tbh
    Meanwhile we're following Anduin, Jaina, Thrall and Baine around like the marvel squad of Azeroth.
    You picked one narrative that was quickly dissolved and let to nothing.

Literally what is wrong for being a "heavy metal game". I don't feel represented by other media like star wars or cape hero movies. I don't fucking care about those. How is it toxic to cater towards a genre.

What's this design even about? You can't have a strong focused audience, you must open up towards everyone? Go away. If I don't like a piece of media I simply will not pay attention towards it and keep my money, instead of demanding and crying to be included.

Really want to know who the fuck is pushing this mindset. Stay out of people's hobbies.
    There's nothing wrong with it, but I think you're remembering WoW a little wrong.

Was there references to "heavy metal" within the game? Of course there was. Was there all there was to the game though? Not at all.

WoW has been "open up towards everyone" since TBC honestly. Like with every form of media, there were references within the game that aren't necessarily appropriate these days. But that's how it goes. Go and watch a TV show or listen to music from 10, 20, 30 years ago and you'll find references in it that are outdated and inappropriate. That's just how it goes.

The people making the game, the ones who have the rights to the game and own the game are the ones who are making these decisions, that's who. It's their right to change the game however they want.

Maybe it's you that needs a bit of self-reflection and open-mindedness.

i agree i think op got mixed up with warhammer lol.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want what OP is having lmao

No this game was never "metal", the Necrolords are more metal than any stuff you are dreaming about

Don't be a poser, it's ugly. If you want naked male orcs go commission some artist.

Dio said it best in "Children of the Sea":

In the misty morning, on the edge of time
    We've lost the rising sun, a final sign
    As the misty morning rolls away to die
    Reaching for the stars, we blind the sky

We sailed across the air before we learned to fly
    We thought that it could never end
    We'd glide above the ground before we learned to run, run
    Now it seems our world has come undone

Oh they say that it's over
    And it just had to be
    Ooh they say that it's over
    We're lost children of the sea, oh

We made the mountains shake with laughter as we played
    Hiding in our corner of the world
    Then we did the demon dance and rushed to nevermore
    Threw away the key and locked the door

Oh they say that it's over, yeah
    And it just had to be
    Yes they say that it's over
    We're lost children of the sea

In the misty morning, on the edge of time
    We've lost the rising sun, a final sign
    As the misty morning rolls away to die
    Reaching for the stars, we blind the sky

Oh they say that it's over, yeah
    And it just had to be
    Oh they say that it's over
    Poor lost children of the sea, yeah

Look out! The sky is falling down!
    Look out! The world is spinning round and round and round!
    Look out! The sun is going black, black
    Look out! It's never never never coming back, look out!
    Last edited by Shadowroxxor; 2022-01-21 at 08:54 PM.