Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah he did, but thats not literally the worst thing in the world, who cares? he saw some boss fights before, aww man biggest deal in the universe. he cheated at a self imposed challenge, not like he cheated at a tournament or an actual race.
    The lengths you go to, to defend an obvious cheater is kind of mind boggling. Obviously you care and it matters a lot to you how its viewed. If its such a little thing, why even cover it up? Why play the charades and scam the viewers? For image, views and appearance.
    It also speaks volumes about his character, he will cheat and exploit given the opportunity, even in the most trivial cases, which means he would also do it when it matters, aka in the world first race, without blinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Two of the past three(Nyalotha and CN) though I agree it should have been one of the top guilds.
    Fair enough. Still they lost 3/5 of the last 5 races then. Its all about perspective
    Not really great win ratio? Definitely not enough to be called the best one, while having lost the most recent one.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-01-23 at 10:39 AM.

Who really cares and why?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    he will cheat and exploit given the opportunity, even in the most trivial cases, which means he would also do it when it matters, aka in the world first race, without blinking.
    Cool brain gymnastics you had there...

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    I don't even know who those are.

20 fights? i saw the video, there was 3 fights in question, the others were rather "meh' on if he was actually cheating or not.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah he did, but thats not literally the worst thing in the world, who cares? he saw some boss fights before, aww man biggest deal in the universe. he cheated at a self imposed challenge, not like he cheated at a tournament or an actual race.
    The point is, he's a douchebag.

20 fights? i saw the video, there was 3 fights in question, the others were rather "meh' on if he was actually cheating or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Defending a cheater nothing new under the sun.
    When he says he goes blindly this means not even one fight to have been watched before hand. And it is obvious he did so that is what makes him a cheater. It doesn't matter how he watched it, how much of it was watched or how hard the fight is. The challenge was to go blind and he lied.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Limit / Liquid why should I even care ?

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Yeah I have to agree whole heartedly. Why do I care about a guild that just promotes bad gameplay and is part of the reason WoW has become this dumpster fire that it's evolved into. Also the post starts out by mentioning Eorzea. But never again says anything else about it in the entire rant of a post. Are they planning on making a presence in FFXIV too? Also what's with this business about creating a support system to empower more high end female players?

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Cool brain gymnastics you had there...
    Why? If he cheats even the most basic challenges, why is it so far fetched to make the assumption he will always cheat given the opportunity?
    Not like he's ever done questionable shit in wow, no, not at all sir.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-01-23 at 10:38 AM.

Not all alliteration make for good names, this one is an example of a case where it doesn't work.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh world first races in WoW lost thier charm, when Blizz tried make it as part of E-sports. Back in TBC / WOTLK / CATA / MoP it was an thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If a 300-400M payout means getting fucked, then i want to get fucked as well.
    Considering he won’t be CEO and making more than that for years to come, then by his standards he’s probably getting f’d. By the majority of ppl’s standards, then no, he’s getting a pretty good deal.

he looked at fights or may have seen them on accident, who the fuck cares? its not like he actually cheated, it was not anything other then a personal challenge. its dissapointing but thats it.
    People in general don't like liars. If you lie about insignificant stuff like this, why wouldn't you lie when it comes to other stuff?
    Then we have the fact about the ending bit where he denies the allegations with "why would I do this?".
    Well, to prop yourself up as a genius raider, you know the thing that makes you money. The thing that makes people follow you...
    He has all the reasons in the world to lie and then the question comes...what else has been lied about?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Considering he won’t be CEO and making more than that for years to come, then by his standards he’s probably getting f’d.
    He didn't get what the wanted, but considering what he gets, saying that he's getting "fucked" is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Tbh world first races in WoW lost thier charm, when Blizz tried make it as part of E-sports. Back in TBC / WOTLK / CATA / MoP it was an thing....
    Agree, but do we know the reason for that?
    I'll take a guess:
    1; people can practice a large chunk of a fight on a lesser difficulty level, so only a few other things gets added on Mythic (compared to tbc/wotlk)
    2; since Legion, you can get a shitload of gear the week pre-Mythic with splits, boes and titanforging/vault. Remember, 241.51 average ilvl was Echo's. Heroic drop 239, so they did have fully decked++ heroic gear AND luck with tier bonuses.
    Dena was even worse, 221.00 average ilvl while heroic ilvl is 213.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think to call yourself the #1 raiding guild you have to have at least won the most recent RTWF, and some would say more than the most recent.

I say this as a Limit fan.

Inb4 "you're a scrub/casual" screeching

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    He didn't get what the wanted, but considering what he gets, saying that he's getting "fucked" is just ludicrous.
    Again, it’s a matter of perspective. To him, the amount of money he is going to lose by not having that position anymore is greater than his payout. So to him, and others in his net worth range, then he’s probably getting fucked. To someone like me then he’s coming out in great shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    The lengths you go to, to defend an obvious cheater is kind of mind boggling. Obviously you care and it matters a lot to you how its viewed. If its such a little thing, why even cover it up? Why play the charades and scam the viewers? For image, views and appearance.
    It also speaks volumes about his character, he will cheat and exploit given the opportunity, even in the most trivial cases, which means he would also do it when it matters, aka in the world first race, without blinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. Still they lost 3/5 of the last 5 races then. Its all about perspective
    Not really great win ratio? Definitely not enough to be called the best one, while having lost the most recent one.
    Since we're talking about cheaters; shall we open the can of worms called Echo and Method too?
    Not defending FP btw, have him/her on ignore, but funny how people only call Limit cheaters while most of the Top Guilds (at least in WoW) are blatantly cheating and breaking the ToS.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Again, it’s a matter of perspective. To him, the amount of money he is going to lose by not having that position anymore is greater than his payout.
    Considering he has come under fire and had to accept paycuts as CEO in order to save face, i think he's still coming out ahead for the immediate future.
    Disregarding that this doesn't stop him from becoming CEO anywhere else and collecting massive payouts there.

Trying to twist this into "from his perspective he actually lost!" is just disengenous, he didn't and simply because one might've scratched his pride (Because he certainly doesn't need this money, it's just about becoming richer at this point), doesn't change the fact that Kotick earned more with one stroke of pen than an entire city worth of people will ever have in their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Since we're talking about cheaters; shall we open the can of worms called Echo and Method too?
    Not defending FP btw, have him/her on ignore, but funny how people only call Limit cheaters while most of the Top Guilds (at least in WoW) are blatantly cheating and breaking the ToS.
    That somehow makes Max behavior better? Two wrongs dont make a right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People in general don't like liars. If you lie about insignificant stuff like this, why wouldn't you lie when it comes to other stuff?
    Then we have the fact about the ending bit where he denies the allegations with "why would I do this?".
    Well, to prop yourself up as a genius raider, you know the thing that makes you money. The thing that makes people follow you...
    He has all the reasons in the world to lie and then the question comes...what else has been lied about?
    Definitely makes it hard to take him seriously.
    If even my FC that's solidly midcore can go and clear new savage raids fully blind, yet he can't do it without looking the fights up, what really makes him better than we are other than the fact he played these games for longer than we do and has more experience? FFXIV raiding is essentially a puzzle game where figuring out the mechanics is 90% of the work, and he cheated his way through those 90%