Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.

  2. #82
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    539
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!

  3. #83
    The Lightbringer Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.
    Have to agree with you. XIV players won't even bother since it's a pretty chill game.

    Esports is lame it's surprising they're still trying. Hell an organizer tried to make Pay Per View of tournaments and it flopped hard. They had to buy spectators.

  4. #84
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.
    They already got World First things in XIV but no one really cares about it... just a few guilds and the only price they get is the Naoki Yoshida Congratulating them!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    They already got World First things in XIV but no one really cares about it... just a few guilds and the only price they get is the Naoki Yoshida Congratulating them!
    Yeah that's what I mean. There is a small dedicated community there but it's niche as hell. It gets in the hundreds of views on twitch. Limit is gonna come into this thinking they'll be getting 100ks of views and that energy just isn't there for XIV. Not only that but it's not even the same culture streaming it is actively screwing yourself unlike in WoW where PTR means most fights are 90% solved by release.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Have to agree with you. XIV players won't even bother since it's a pretty chill game.

    Esports is lame it's surprising they're still trying. Hell an organizer tried to make Pay Per View of tournaments and it flopped hard. They had to buy spectators.
    See I love ESports. MDI is super fun and LoL worlds is always a blast but XIV is just not a streamer/esport friendly game.

    I watched a little of Max streaming XIV raids and he clearly does not grasp what makes the game a success and what the community as a whole thinks about players with his mentality. I'm guessing this will last two tiers tops before they pull out of it.

  6. #86
    DEI? Seriously? More like DoA LOL.

  7. #87
    I hope Liquid actually creates a single studio stream for the RWF instead of every one streaming and other guilds follow so we can have an actual organized RWF with production quality and content.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!
    Christ, seriously.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!
    Limit is seen as an asset for Liquid and especially RWF and Max’s stream. So yes, it is a business acquisition.

  10. #90
    ................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    That somehow makes Max behavior better? Two wrongs dont make a right?
    I did not state his behavior was better.
    People admire all those World First players, but Blizzard should be more consistent in their rules and we as a community shouldn't promote/give attention to those individuals in the first place.
    2008 - 2018 World of Warcraft.
    Times change.

  12. #92
    The Lightbringer MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wherever the pizza is
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    limit was #1 in caslte nathria and nyalotha
    Echo was #1 in sanctum of domination

    Yeah that is how math works, multiple people can be #1.

    you like literally never heard of a tie?
    That's not how it works, try again.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.280v | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

  13. #93
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.
    Yup. Heroic/mythic world first raiding became a big deal in WoW because hardcore raiders from Elitist Jerks became WoW devs and hijacked the direction of the game. Meanwhile, FFXIV's dev leadership has not been compromised by hardcore raiders. It's still led by the same people since ARR who have their heads screwed on.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?
    There is a drought of news. This is a website that makes money off of clicks. Blizzard has spent over a decade reshaping the community's perception of what is "important" by trying their damndest to push esports. Naturally an esports acquisition is going to make the front page.

  14. #94
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,760
    Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Pretty sure world first raiding was already a thing in vanilla.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  15. #95
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,201
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?
    liquid is not a guild they are an Esports orginization. they bought and now own limit.

    but i guess who carss about for example the microsoft activision buyout, just some guilds merging...

  16. #96
    Warchief Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,091
    I really don't think "Liquid" is impressive for a team name. Go ahead and call yourselves that, but I'll be sticking with "Limit" whenever referring to the WoW stuff.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Pretty sure world first raiding was already a thing in vanilla.
    Raiding yes, but this over-the-top giving a shit about whos first started after that. One of the Limit guys said on stream once that Blizzard contacts RWF guilds weeks before a patch so they can arrange time-off work and things.. but sure let's pretend Blizzard is not biased.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  18. #98
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Raiding yes, but this over-the-top giving a shit about whos first started after that. One of the Limit guys said on stream once that Blizzard contacts RWF guilds weeks before a patch so they can arrange time-off work and things.. but sure let's pretend Blizzard is not biased.
    Who's pretending Blizzard isn't biased? I merely said that world first raiding has been a thing since vanilla. I very much remember the likes of Nihilum, Death and Taxes etc racing for world firsts, and it was as hyped back then as it is now, if not more so as the scene was new and the player base was larger.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  19. #99
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Who's pretending Blizzard isn't biased? I merely said that world first raiding has been a thing since vanilla. I very much remember the likes of Nihilum, Death and Taxes etc racing for world firsts, and it was as hyped back then as it is now, if not more so as the scene was new and the player base was larger.
    Yep my bad, was reading other replies as well and it all muddled together in my brain
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I hope Liquid actually creates a single studio stream for the RWF instead of every one streaming and other guilds follow so we can have an actual organized RWF with production quality and content.
    Literally wont happen because almost no one streams WF attempts to not give up strategies. This isnt like WoW where the PTR ruins all the mystery of patches.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •