Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Reminder limit won first place in 2/3 of the races since method disbanded. And method made a new team and got ,5th this tier. So idk why you think limit suddenly is gunna be not in the top 2 when the one they didn't win they still got second place in.

- - - Updated - - -

Boi people forget how much timegating there was in old wow raids. Made a video on it and people got rabid calling "fucking liar". The 4 tranq shot books. The Ragnaros fire runes, and don't even get me started on attunements and icc taking 2 months to fully unlock.
    Tbf, whilst I agree with you that the semantics of "best guild" is sufficiently poorly defined that a few guilds can call themselves the number 1 guild, you can't have it both ways on Echo and Method. Either Echo gets to claim Method's no. 1s as its the same team, or current Method does (if we say that the branding is more important than the team). You can't say that Method disbanded so its new Method, but also Echo is totally new. You can land either side of the fence with reasonable justification, but not take the part from both sides which is favourable to your argument.

Also, you are correct on the time-gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Tbf, whilst I agree with you that the semantics of "best guild" is sufficiently poorly defined that a few guilds can call themselves the number 1 guild, you can't have it both ways on Echo and Method. Either Echo gets to claim Method's no. 1s as its the same team, or current Method does (if we say that the branding is more important than the team). You can't say that Method disbanded so its new Method, but also Echo is totally new. You can land either side of the fence with reasonable justification, but not take the part from both sides which is favourable to your argument.

Also, you are correct on the time-gating.
    Method disbanded and has come back but show pitiful performances while yes they have all those old sets under their belt, they show no possibility for now to even come close. So they were first but not anymore.

Echo is a new guild with new members, but claimed the current world first, so they can be called first.

Limit has also been neck in neck for years, and won a fair few of the recent races, more then echo since they have formed, so they can also be called first.

This is the issue with people flipping their shit over "lol they call themselves first"

Cause there has been countless races, so there can be countless first place winners.

"I won first place in the grand prix"
    "No you didn't you fucking liar this other person did."
    "I know they did, but I won last years race"

They didn't lie, they stated a fact, they just didn't specify which. Which isn't required.
    As each new race does not remove the last from the record.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Method disbanded and has come back but show pitiful performances while yes they have all those old sets under their belt, they show no possibility for now to even come close. So they were first but not anymore.

Echo is a new guild with new members, but claimed the current world first, so they can be called first.

Limit has also been neck in neck for years, and won a fair few of the recent races, more then echo since they have formed, so they can also be called first.

This is the issue with people flipping their shit over "lol they call themselves first"

Cause there has been countless races, so there can be countless first place winners.

"I won first place in the grand prix"
    "No you didn't you fucking liar this other person did."
    "I know they did, but I won last years race"

They didn't lie, they stated a fact, they just didn't specify which. Which isn't required.
    As each new race does not remove the last from the record.
    You are missing my point somewhat. What is a guild? (No wrong answers here - either is fine) Is it the players themselves? Or the brand/ownership? If its the players, then Echo can claim the old wins. If it is the brand, then Method can claim the old wins. You are borrowing from both concepts to discount both, which is trying to have it both ways. It doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying that either should or shouldn't be called first or whatever (as I said, its semantic and there are any number of reasonable definitions), just pointing out a flaw in your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But they didn't say "we're the best in the world going back 2 races". They're saying "we're the best in the world NOW".

You accuse them of lying - you better show that they are.
    Except they aren't? Best in the world NOW is still echo lol... Limit lost last race? hello? best what? Best in the world at winning one tier and losing all the others? They're also gonna lose next tier but we save that for giggles later.

Meh who cares? RWF is usually between 2 guilds anyway, were one is the clear favourite anyway. The only way a "new" guild comes along and claims being "best" is if the previous guild did some major fuckups that has nothing to do with ingame stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You could, you literally read, clicked and replied this. Your take makes as much sense as the guy who you replied to.
    Stating one doesn't care about something doesn't mean that they do. When someone TELLS you how they feel, they aren't 'lying' and you don't have some magical hidden insight into their heart and mind.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Stating one doesn't care about something doesn't mean that they do. When someone TELLS you how they feel, they aren't 'lying' and you don't have some magical hidden insight into their heart and mind.
    I mean but you care enough to to click, read and reply. If I don't care about Big Mac I don't go out of my way to find their menu online and the go to the drive through to tell them I don't care about it, I just don't do anything because I don't care.