Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    No offense, but u ever been in a forest? If u do without path or road u can't really move easy, and an army, no they can't really move and maneuver there. Ashenvale is a dense forestland.
    You're talking to someone who (somehow gets away with) rages over real people for the unforgivable crime of enjoying elves in fantasy and insists everyone is biased the instant the lore proves him wrong about his orc apologist crap.

Your call if you want to try, but I realized my name isn't Sisyphus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Undead has been fucked over in the same manner. They lost the comfiest city in the game and their whole history and identity have been destroyed. And now some Alliance literal who mary sue bitch will swoop in to be their leader. No respect, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah dear, outmanuvered by a huge HORDE army, not just Orcs, it does matter if "its their own land" its a forest with a bunch of elves who fight with guerrila tactics versus a entire horde army, and they won in the end
    So you don't know anything about forests or how difficult and slow it is to move a large army through them. This is another issue with engaging you in any kind of conversation. Guerrilla warfare is also used specifically when the attacking force is much stronger.

Lmao, that is the way to distort the truth, you know, despite the horde only getting two to three setlements.
    It is the truth, the horde increased their holding in Ashenvale during cataclysm questing, that's not actually debatable.

?!?!?!?!?!?! Horde literally could not holp against the alliance after losing so many, they could not defend undercity despite being a well guarded city and they ultimately were losing in every front of war before 9.2 with victory in alliance grasp, lmao
    The horde held out against the alliance, and the alliance lines were broken UNTIL deus ex Jaina showed up. Also Ion said the alliance lost at the battle for Lordaeron.

And Alliance really suffered a number of heavy losses throughout that process. Of course, the tree of Teldrassil was burned down, they thought they had the upper hand at the Battle of Lordaeron on the Undercity, but victory was snatched — sorry, defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. As you know, the Horde left the city in ruins behind them.
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...eam-transcript

Any horde soldiers that died at Teldrassil was never mentioned to have effected the horde in ANY way. Meanwhile the genocide of the night elves drove them to near extinction.

Except, they didn't, and this highlight the problem with bias from elf players. Horde literally lost the war, and the night elves Always had hyjal and Ferlas, and they got darkshore back, Horde never controled teldrasil, just like ashenvale, and everything went back to status quo before cataclysm, with night elves even attacking and taking places in azshara While the alliance is once agian invading durotar and the barrens, open your eyes
    Horde didn't lose the war, they worked together with the alliance to get rid of Sylvanas. Just as they worked with the alliance to get rid of Garrosh in MoP. Hyjal is neutral territory as is Feralas, the night elves have some bases in Feralas, but so do the horde. These are neutral areas, not night elf owned. The horde DESTROYED Teldrassil, but they fully controlled Ashenvale in the novellas, as Sylvanas declares it. It only goes back to the night elves having some control of Ashenvale again, while the horde continues to invade Ashenvale (from post MoP) after the 8.2.5 cease fire.

The alliance has been attacking the horde since after SoO, violating their "treaty"
    No they haven't, you are probably confusing cataclysm with the actual lore. It's confusing, especially for people who don't know the story, with all the time skips that happen, so I can see where you are making that error.

???? Horde lostt the land all around lundercity with the alliance advance too, its not the equivalent, at all
    It's not lost, they can go back and reclaim it, there was no alliance presence there after the siege because of the horde blighting the area. It was not under alliance control as darkshore and ashenvale were under horde control.

And this actually tracks my previous statement about elf players to blow up their loses, because they are elves, using appeal to emotion, and udnermining the rest of the game, like it matters

Thing about "mulgore" and orgirmmar" is that its the only place orcs and taurens have, while night elves still have Hyja as well other places to rebuild, other races don't have this luxury.

But again, keep acting like its only the elves who got shit, or the "worse" in this game, , come back at me when your racial elader become a villa and/or is killed and your race stay eyars without a leader ignored in development limbo
    l
    It also wouldn't be "Orgrimmar" it would be all of Durotar. You are again erroneously reducing the zone of Teldrassil to one city and this is the problem. Yes, night elves have it worse than any other playable race and have had it worse since Cataclysm, and it has only got worse. Orcs and Tauren could "rebuild" other places too, you act as if they don't have bases in any other zone, but claim the night elves own feralas, when the horde has bases there as well. These are the mental gymnastics you constantly play to say what happened to the night elves isn't bad etc. But it just goes back to horde players being so use to winning all the time, they get upset at any time a fight is lost or is even slightly difficult "oh no the horde lost some soldiers while they went and took all the night elf territory and almost wiped out that players race", it's like you have to be insane to think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You're talking to someone who (somehow gets away with) rages over real people for the unforgivable crime of enjoying elves in fantasy and insists everyone is biased the instant the lore proves him wrong about his orc apologist crap.

Worth a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to believe there are that many radical Night Elf fans that flock to this website specifically to talk about Night Elves.

So wtf is all this supposed to be?

Because Afrasiabi wrote Sylvanas in a way to make people hate her for his vendetta or some shit, now they are going to try and redeem her for what reason exactly?

Why the fuck is it always about Sylvanas?

And Undercity is not the same as Teldrassil. Are you serious? Undercity can be cleaned up and the gas removed, Teldrassil is fucking gone.

PS: Does that mean Afrasiabi specifically made Sylvanas target the Night Elves because it's a matriarchial society? Fuck sakes man.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Tauren players say lol.
    Gnome players say lol.
    Goblin players say lol.
    Forsaken players say lol.
    Lmao, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I refuse to believe there are that many radical Night Elf fans that flock to this website specifically to talk about Night Elves.
    Have you seen the landslide of elf threads that usually permeates here? They see elves with blinders, to them elves can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lmao, no.
    Well, I do.

7+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but u ever been in a forest? If u do without path or road u can't really move easy, and an army, no they can't really move and maneuver there. Ashenvale is a dense forestland.
    did you? and more, did ever being in ashenvale? i don't think you know how the land there worked. there is tons of open spaces to move. isn't a closed rain forest,

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    This is my first post on this website, so let's see how it goes. (Also some 9.2 spoilers included I guess)

I've had huge issues with how the Night Elves were treated in BfA and Shadowlands. When the Night Elves were pretty much wiped out in BfA and had their zones either taken or destroyed by the Horde or Sylvanas, we were promised that we’d get a resolution for Teldrassil in Shadowlands because we pretty much got ignored for the entirety of BfA after that.

During Blizzcon, we found out that the Night Elf Souls were in the maw the entire time. A terrible fate after being victims of genocide, but Blizzard would surely let us free them? Right? That’s what some people assumed (and I hoped for) during beta, but that’s not what happened.
    Instead, the Night Elf Souls were mostly obliterated after we freed a very small fraction of them (We freed 100 when several thousands died).
    Then Tyrande finally had the chance to achieve justice for Teldrassil… but Elune decided that the victims must not pursue justice and took the powers away from Tyrande. Sylvanas won the fight. Yea… I wonder where that “victims mustn’t pursue justice” story came from...
    The writers then made Tyrande choose between renewal and renewal, and renewal and justice are apparently mutually exclusive so Tyrande had to forgive Sylvanas and the Night Elves didn’t get any renewal.

Sylvanas is now allowed to search for Nathanos in the maw after, getting everything she ever wanted while the Night Elf Souls are obliterated in the maw once and for all.
    The Horde is also still occupying party Night Elf lands and actively killing them in Ashenvale. Furthermore, the Night Elves’ are mentioned to be so few in numbers that they basically can’t do anything on Azeroth anymore. They can’t even guard their zones anymore so that the Horde can just freely walk around in it and preach about how the Night Elves are far too few to even do anything. (Also stated in an interview that they are nearly wiped out).

The only hope for the Night Elves was to get actual renewal (that we were promised!) and have the souls of their people rescued from the maw and revived, but instead Blizzard decided to have the Night Elf Souls obliterated in the maw...
    The Night Elves’ Goddess forced her children to forgive those that killed them, tortured them, and obliterated their souls.

And that’s the resolution for Teldrassil. The end of the Night Elves, that what was promised to make up for BfA only doubled down on the misery of the Night Elves and ensured that there is no way that they can ever recover. In Exploring Kalimdor it is also mentioned that the Night Elves can never heal.

I have no reason to believe that the writing team doesn't have a personal vendetta against the Night Elves at this point...
    No one actually cares about NE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    So you don't know anything about forests or how difficult and slow it is to move a large army through them. This is another issue with engaging you in any kind of conversation. Guerrilla warfare is also used specifically when the attacking force is much stronger.´
    i spend more time in forest than you ever would be, if you didn't notice, forests are not "invincible" as story tells time and time again of outsiders conquering indigenous lands. You talk about the night elves, but you have no idea the lay of the land in ashenvale, its not a rainforest, there is plenty of space to move an army and have settlements.
    It is the truth, the horde increased their holding in Ashenvale during cataclysm questing, that's not actually debatable.
    And lost everything in the end, while the night elves increasing their own holding in azshara thats not actually debatable
    The horde held out against the alliance, and the alliance lines were broken UNTIL deus ex Jaina showed up. Also Ion said the alliance lost at the battle for Lordaeron.
    Sure they lost, thats why sylvanus ahd to bomb their own troops and run away to orgrimmar

They were supposed to held because it is a well guarded city, you know, with walls, not trees, but they lost anyway

And you took this as "horde winning", ayyy
    Any horde soldiers that died at Teldrassil was never mentioned to have effected the horde in ANY way. Meanwhile the genocide of the night elves drove them to near extinction.
    Thats literally, not true, there is no proof or lore bit saying this drove the race near extinction

you are again using appeal to emotion.

Horde didn't lose the war, they worked together with the alliance to get rid of Sylvanas.
    Look upon the explorers book, horde lost all the settlements they got in cataclysm and the status quo basically came back to the vanilla era with alliance upperhand.

alliance is deep within the tauren lands, taking the barrens, they are deep in orcish lands in durotar, night elves are invading azshara and taking horde settlements

Horde lost many soldiers, manpower is low, their literally lost 3 racial leaders, they lost their lands and chocked by every side by alliance armies.

Hyjal is neutral territory as is Feralas
    Night elf territory, period.

No they haven't, you are probably confusing cataclysm with the actual lore. It's confusing, especially for people who don't know the story, with all the time skips that happen, so I can see where you are making that error.
    Yeah, says the person saying "teldrassil drove the elves nearly extinction", im sory that i don't follow up your headcanon, but skmirshes happpened all the time after SoO

It's not lost, they can go back and reclaim it, there was no alliance presence there after the siege because of the horde blighting the area. It was not under alliance control as darkshore and ashenvale were under horde control.
    They can, but they didn't, and you are thinking lordaeron is just undercity aren't you?

It also wouldn't be "Orgrimmar" it would be all of Durotar. You are again erroneously reducing the zone of Teldrassil to one city and this is the problem.
    You mean durotar that have alliance bases there? humm, that didn't happen to teldrasill right? imagine orcish bases inside your tree, can you? that is what happens to horde since day 1 of wow

[/QUOTE]Yes, night elves have it worse than any other playable race and have had it worse since Cataclysm[/QUOTE]

sure, keep repeating this mantra.

again, come back to me when your racial leader become a villain and/or is killed and your race stay years without a leader ignored in development limbo, then we can talk about getting "worse".

- - - Updated - - -

You are the only one who direct comment towards me

Yet, i literally said many other races, including in the alliance got much worse than the night elves, but you are saying "orc apologist", sorry if i don't see elves as the only important race in this game

"proving me wrong", and im still waiting you to prove me how teldrasill put elves near extinction.

did you? and more, did ever being in ashenvale? i don't think you know how the land there worked. there is tons of open spaces to move. isn't a closed rain forest,
    I do thx, yes only one road there, so go there again and go trought those open spaces with an army. Go out in a real forest at spring or early summer, there will be lot of open spaces, but its sticky ur foot will stuck in mud under the leaves etc and not just the trees will hold you back, bushes to.
    Orcs have advantage in the barrens, but in the forest the elves will have it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do thx, yes only one road there, so go there again and go trought those open spaces with an army. Go out in a real forest at spring or early summer, there will be lot of open spaces, but its sticky ur foot will stuck in mud under the leaves etc and not just the trees will hold you back, bushes to.
    It seems like many people didn't do all the cataclysm quests, neither went to real forests.

Having advantage =/= having 100% victory, story shows many natives "conquered" by outsiders, even in their own land.

Its was the horde army that outnumbered and outplayed the elves, who were fighting alone, the moment they got help they won, showing their strength, so, i rly don't know how people are with this inferiority complex saying they are punching bags. They did what many alliance races could not.

its illogical to think they would won alone

Orcs have advantage in the barrens, but in the forest the elves will have it.
    So should the taurens, yet, alliance demolished the taurens way worse than the horde did to night elves, as you know, the night elves won in the end, the taurens raised a wall to hide.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-23 at 08:58 PM.

i spend more time in forest than you ever would be, if you didn't notice, forests are not "invincible" as story tells time and time again of outsiders conquering indigenous lands. You talk about the night elves, but you have no idea the lay of the land in ashenvale, its not a rainforest, there is plenty of space to move an army and have settlements.
    I doubt that since you seem to think moving an army through a dense forest is something that can be done easily. Moving Catapults, supply wagons, and soldiers through a forest is slow work. You're problem is really you seem to think the in game zones are exactly how the zones in lore are, when that is not the case.

It's stunning, and it provides a great landmark in a place otherwise known for its dense forest.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/officia...preview-168144

Sure they lost, thats why sylvanus ahd to bomb their own troops and run away to orgrimmar

They were supposed to held because it is a well guarded city, you know, with walls, not trees, but they lost anyway
    As I pointed out, Ion had said the alliance lost, and that was because the alliance suffered massive causalities on top of not holding Trisfal. That's why the alliance "Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory". The horde broke the alliance before Jaina showed up, but then the horde blew up their own city to cripple the alliance military. This is shown both on the docks afterwards with the coffins and in the cinematic with Anudin and Genn talking about how they are now running out of troops.

The fight at Lorderon effected the alliance, WoT was never actual stated or shown to have impacted the horde in any way.

And you took this as "horde winning", ayyy
    That's Ion saying the horde won at undercity, the horde blew up their own city to cripple the alliance.

Thats literally, not true, there is no proof or lore bit saying this drove the race near extinction

you are again using appeal to emotion.
    "proving me wrong", and im still waiting you to prove me how teldrasill put elves near extinction.
    Yeah, says the person saying "teldrassil drove the elves nearly extinction", im sory that i don't follow up your headcanon, but skmirshes happpened all the time after SoO
    These are all the same points, but as it was described as a genocide, in the Eulogy. We also have:

"because can you ever resolve something that happens on the scale of an entire civilization nearly being wiped out?

https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...-stories-fate/

An entire civilization being nearly wiped out. Again, another point you are completely unaware of because it doesn't fit your narrative, so you need to continually perform mental gymnastics and make things up.

I think I'm just going to have to put an end to this discussion, you seem very confused and it's actually just not worth the effort of correcting you basically every time you post your personal lore that has nothing to really do with the actual in game lore. I knew this was going to kind of end up as me just correcting your headcanon, so it's probably just my fault for even engaging with someone who just thinks "everything that happens to the alliance is good, everything that happens to the horde is bad" etc.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2022-01-23 at 09:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I doubt that since you seem to think moving an army through a dense forest is something that can be done easily.
    i never said it was easy

Horde had many strugules in ashenvale, even with superior numbers, weapons and tactics (they even brought magnataurs from nortrend), and ultimately lost, so who is the punchbag if you WIN int he end?

As I pointed out, Ion had said the alliance lost,
    Just like horde lost in war of thorns, as they won nothing and lost massiive numbers.

Like, literally, the entire war of thorns was a waste, Horde got nothing out of it, they only had several losses

Both events(teldrassil and Lordaeron) were pointless, both races/factions lost in both fronts.

The fight at Lorderon effected the alliance, WoT was never actual stated or shown to have impacted the horde in any way.
    Teldrasil affected the horde, you just don't play/know the horde side of the story.

That's Ion saying the horde won at undercity
    you are disrorting what he said.

These are all the same points, but as it was described as a genocide, in the Eulogy. We also have

An entire civilization being nearly wiped out.

Having a genocide does'nt not, necessary, bring a race near extinction.

The civilization of darnassus, nowhere is stated that night elves are extinct, only people _inside_ the city died, and many were able to escape, there is major night elves settlements across azeroth.

The race is not near extinction, at all.

And on top of that, numbers like this never mattered, blood elves had 90% of their race indeed, wipe out, and they pop everywhere every time, same for trolls, gnomes and draeneis, this is a literal non issue

I think I'm just going to have to put an end to this discussion, you seem very confused and it's actually just not worth the effort of correcting you basically every time you post your personal lore that has nothing to really do with the actual in game lore. I knew this was going to kind of end up as me just correcting your headcanon.
    Entire thread is suppossed to be people complaining over night elves not receiving positive development, like other races had any positive development themselves, literally, ignoring the rest of the game

You didn't correct anything, everything you did was appeal to emotion, because "if its done to night elves is worse than other races"

- Night elves are not "punching bags", only two times they engaged in actual warfare, and they won in ashenvale in cataclysm, and while they lost teldrassil, the horde suffer hundreds of losses in their numbers, and in the end, night elves won back all the lands horde had taken since cataclysm, and are even taking the posts in azshara.
    - Night elves are not nearly extinct, only the people in darnasus/teldrasil died, and that is nowhere the entire elf population.
    - Ashenvale is not a rainforest, neither is immune to conquering, no matter how much advantage you have, you can be outnumbered.

so it's probably just my fault for even engaging with someone who just thinks "everything that happens to the alliance is good, everything that happens to the horde is bad" etc
    Except this is strawman.

I never, once, said that everything that happens to alliance is good and what happens to the horde is bad, so top that on more facficion, I merely said the night elves did not get more shit than other races, and i even said there is races in the alliance who got worse than night elves, so im not rly advocating for horde here.

And i said many times no race(horde or alliance) got positive development in wow since MOP, but the night elves didn't get the worst
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-23 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Night Elves are the second most popular WC3 faction, right behind the Scourge. In 2005, Night Elves were tied with humans as THE most popular race in the game until Wrath, when they were overtaken by the Belves (which were released in BC but took a while to catch up). Today, Nelves are the third most popular race in WoW. And only a handful of other races get as many forum discussion posts as the Nelves. So yes, there really are that many Nelvf fans that flock to this website specifically to talk about Nelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Synvanas View Post
    It's the other way around, actually....as Michelle Morrow (the voice of your precious Alleria in Hearthstone) and Red Shirt Guy recently confirmed on Twitter, the story of Warchief Sylvanas was completely ruined by Afrasiabi (especially with the burn of Teldrassil great idea) on PURPOSE because of his revenge, in order to make people hate her a lot just because she was a strong female character leader. Likely while in the same time inflicing genocide on the Night Elves because they were a strong mathriarcal race as well. This kind of decision and writing were likely all related to the Cosby Suite incident, too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRedShi...64045787078660

https://mobile.twitter.com/michelemo...17673097330688

so as you can read, Sylvanas (and so, by proxy the Horde) were completely ruined and screwed over on purpose by the devs with this kind of writing, especially "thanks" to the SIN of Teldrassil that in the same time ruined Tyrande and the Night Elves as a mathriarcal race too... so as you can see Sylvanas as a character and the Horde too are clear victims of the revenge of the devs because of this reason, alongside the Night Elves too...

as for the Horde Council, yes, but it will likely be only good in times of peace, in times of war a Warchief will likely have to return to rule (at least temporarily) otherwise I think the Council will be too much "dispersive" in their decisions in a possible future faction war and so the Alliance will almost certainly strike first because of the passivity of the Horde leaders and gain the advantage...
    If that means Alliance gets to genocide the Horde races then sign me up, i am stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    During Blizzcon, we found out that the Night Elf Souls were in the maw the entire time. A terrible fate after being victims of genocide, but Blizzard would surely let us free them? Right? That’s what some people assumed (and I hoped for) during beta, but that’s not what happened..
    Go play the Night Faer Covenant campaign. You literally go into Torghast to rescue the souls of Night Elves and bring them to Ardenweald where they would have gone normally had the Arbitor not been taken out by Argus' death.

Per WowPedia:
    Daughter of the Night Warrior

Ysera asked you to meet Shandris Feathermoon in Oribos and help her recover Tyrande Whisperwind from the Maw. You aided Shandris in tracking down Tyrande, whose Night Warrior powers had allowed her to carve a path of destruction through the Jailer's forces but also threatened to tear her apart.

The two of you followed Tyrande into Torghast. There, you witnessed the awesome power of the Night Warrior and rescued many captive kaldorei souls. Tyrande refused to return with you and Shandris, saying she would not stop until she had slain Sylvanas.

You returned to Ardenweald, where the souls you had freed would find peace. Ysera and Shandris vowed to find a way to save Tyrande from the all-consuming power of the Night Warrior.

All those races got more shit than night elves, by a huge margin, you are completely oblivious to the other races of the game, "Since cataclysm"? you don'tremember the only conflict in ashenvale was not even in their own capital zone. They were able to, defying all the logic, push the entire horde with the help of a few worgens and Varian, and They managed to kill hundreds of horde soldiers alone in the war of thorns.

While other races were indeed, punching bags, some races lost so many characters the devs don't know what to do, others are jokes on their own or completely neglected or absent of the narrative for years

But yeah, says its me who don't know about the story in general(i don't even know this lie of me not knowing that night elves having ashenvale after SoO came up ) Elf players always think everything is about their favorite race, and anything bad to then is the worst thing that happened in the world, while ignoring the rest, thats why there must be dailly threads like this.
    Yeah you dont know much about story and come to the threads you clearly have no interest in just to derail. Thats about it.

- - - Updated - - -

The “elf hate” stems from some old as shit DnD stigma against elves, which was caused by many players choosing their race as some form of elf and acting way too posh and so on. “Better then you attitude” at its most obnoxious. And while in DnD that trope IS legitimate some people bring it to other games, to hate on elves there for no other reason then “elf bad!” ooga-booga instinct they acquired from DnD and few other similar settings, or even worse - just aping that from their “boomers” since hating elves would make you seem cooler.

Its the same as any other fad of hate, it ends up becoming mainstream and loses its original meaning and value.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If that means Alliance gets to genocide the Horde races then sign me up, i am stoked.
    they already do that normally, lol, alliance genocide an entire tauren tribe by bombing then to hell before cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Yeah you dont know much about story and come to the threads you clearly have no interest in just to derail. Thats about it.
    Yeah, its always people pointing out that night elves are not nearly in a bad place as people pretend then to be, that don't know about story.

Derail? how pointing out the flaws of this threat(no race had positive devleopment) "derailing"? this isn't the rp forum or an echo chamber

And while in DnD that trope IS legitimate some people bring it to other games, to hate on elves there for no other reason then “elf bad!” ooga-booga instinct
    If there is daily threads about other races, like there is about night elves, then i would agree with you
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-23 at 11:40 PM.