Biomechanics and bending

Yo so I may just being a lil autismo but I was rewatching the shadowlands cinematic, and at the end when she is trying to tear apart of the helm of domination... would it make more sense if she was holding the helm upside down, and used more lats and pecs instead of that weird delt / trap dominant force production? Like I get that bolvar was watching her do it, but the unnecessary need for cinematography seems like a weird after effect to a lot of realistic looking cgi, but hey at least they added that really aweful jerk as she appropriated the amount of force

10+ Year Old Account
    If they cared about biomechanics they'd have the helm lying side ways on the floor, Sylvanas holding it in place with a foot inside, hands pulling up from the opposing edge in a deadlift motion. This way she'd use pretty much all the biggest muscle groups of her body at the same time.

You say that as if she at all had the physical strength to tear something like the Helm of Domination in half in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked cooler this way.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is lovely! To think that people tell me to step down because they are “genuinely concerned”. This forum is such an epic nerd zone,. Anyways I wonder from what material is created that helm that she is able to break it like this, that’s definitely not steel. Or maybe the Jailer imbued her with some power to start with so she could carry on with his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    This is lovely! To think that people tell me to step down because they are “genuinely concerned”. This forum is such an epic nerd zone,. Anyways I wonder from what material is created that helm that she is able to break it like this, that’s definitely not steel. Or maybe the Jailer imbued her with some power to start with so she could carry on with his plan.
    It is saronite - infinetely stirdier than steel. She breaks it withahic, not physical force.

They wanted to make people believe that she was going to put it on, right before she started breaking it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    It is saronite - infinetely stirdier than steel. She breaks it withahic, not physical force.
    The helm is not made out of Saronite, it's made from the same material the metal in the maw is made.

So anima and stygia.

Formerly known as Arafal

The assumption you make is that she is using her undead rotted muscles to pull it apart, the helmet wouldnt be able to be destroyed by bare hands, that is stupid. her arms were empowered by dark magic , so just imagine she had an invisible magical reverse 'jaws of life' attachment to her arms specifically and that was the only way she could use it.

In a world with magic cinematography trumps practicality.

Now if it had been a non-magically suped up individual... well they wouldnt have been able to pull it apart... they would have stuck their foot on the inside and tried pulling it away from their foot and not succeeded.

With all the time they have to set these things up they really need to set these things up properly, one quest in stormheim where she learns the secret of unmaking death metal \m/ or something would have set this whole thing up so much better. A single throwaway line that would reward players for paying attention without giving everything away.

Anywho i wont rant about the story there has been plenty enough of that (i just deleted paragraphs of complaints your welcome)
    Ill leave on this: it was magic that tore the helm asunder not physical strength. sylvanas isnt a walking jaws of life, she didnt physically make those chains come out of the ground either that would by physically impossible too. There is simply no sense in applying real world physics to a situation where magic is involved.

5+ Year Old Account
    It has to be light enough to wear it. Steel is kinda heavy. It poke my mind for a bit so I just went to wikipedia to check what people were wearing during the medieval era. It was mostly iron and steel arnaments, which is so amazing because these metals are extremely heavy. I guess saronite or stygia are also quite a heavy metals. Damn, this is like super crazy for a clothie like me

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    The assumption you make is that she is using her undead rotted muscles to pull it apart
    Undead are said to be near indestructible tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Yo so I may just being a lil autismo but I was rewatching the shadowlands cinematic, and at the end when she is trying to tear apart of the helm of domination... would it make more sense if she was holding the helm upside down, and used more lats and pecs instead of that weird delt / trap dominant force production? Like I get that bolvar was watching her do it, but the unnecessary need for cinematography seems like a weird after effect to a lot of realistic looking cgi, but hey at least they added that really aweful jerk as she appropriated the amount of force
    Im more intrgiued by the brittle failure of the helm.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    The assumption you make is that she is using her undead rotted muscles to pull it apart, the helmet wouldnt be able to be destroyed by bare hands, that is stupid. her arms were empowered by dark magic , so just imagine she had an invisible magical reverse 'jaws of life' attachment to her arms specifically and that was the only way she could use it.

In a world with magic cinematography trumps practicality.

Now if it had been a non-magically suped up individual... well they wouldnt have been able to pull it apart... they would have stuck their foot on the inside and tried pulling it away from their foot and not succeeded.

With all the time they have to set these things up they really need to set these things up properly, one quest in stormheim where she learns the secret of unmaking death metal \m/ or something would have set this whole thing up so much better. A single throwaway line that would reward players for paying attention without giving everything away.

Anywho i wont rant about the story there has been plenty enough of that (i just deleted paragraphs of complaints your welcome)
    Ill leave on this: it was magic that tore the helm asunder not physical strength. sylvanas isnt a walking jaws of life, she didnt physically make those chains come out of the ground either that would by physically impossible too. There is simply no sense in applying real world physics to a situation where magic is involved.
    I'd still say there is (should be) a difference in utilizing magic / your body. Look at say Dr. Strange in comparison to someone like Emperor Palpatine, one looks like he's doing yoga esque movements, while the other is manipulating electromagnetic fields. I wish the polarity in star wars was done more evidently, with "good" side of the force being perfection while the dark side being self inflicted painful movements serving their own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Undead are said to be near indestructible tho...
    Not the BFA Golden Book undead. Just shaking someone's hand will cause them to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Not the BFA Golden Book undead. Just shaking someone's hand will cause them to fall off.
    Golden is a hack. She gives zero shits about Forsaken and knows even less about them.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They wanted to make people believe that she was going to put it on, right before she started breaking it.
    This is the correct answer. They intentionally made it appear that she was going to become the Lich Queen. Bolvar assumes the same, then she breaks it instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.