Levelling in 10.0?

How would you like the levelling to work in 10.0?

Would you like to be able to choose the zones in any order like in Legion/BfA? Or would you prefer a single story thread to carry you through multiple zones in a linear path like in Shadowlands (and older expansions)?

I would probably prefer the Legion/BfA system. It allows for much more of a better experience imo.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked MoP's leveling but Legion was indeed very flexible.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not both? It's strange for me that only side questlines are scaled in threads of fate, campaign quests should as well. I level most classes in campaign, but did Revendreth only once, always got 60 in Ardenweald.

Legion's system was the best imo, IF you insist on forcing a story on people during the leveling process.

There's no reason that has to be the case, though. There's different ways of doing the story, and it doesn't necessarily have to involve leveling.

SL's story mode was pretty shit, though. Please no repeat of that.

Overall I prefer the Legion/BFA system. But it should have a good "capping questline" at max level to tie all the zone storylines together. I actually though "The Pride of Kul Tiras"/"A Nation United" and "Zandalar Forever" did a good job of that.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Absolutely hated being locked into the "experience" in SL. I'd really like to see a return to form on this one. Either let us pick the zone to level in or allow us to pick between 2 starting areas. I prefer free form content.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Overall I prefer the Legion/BFA system. But it should have a good "capping questline" at max level to tie all the zone storylines together. I actually though "The Pride of Kul Tiras"/"A Nation United" and "Zandalar Forever" did a good job of that.
    I agree with the last bit, one of the few things BFA did really well imo.

For my main: SL leveling was better.
    For Alts: Dungeon spam is best. SL's Threads of Fate had potential but were undertuned. In theory leveling while gaining max level currency is the best system. So in SL's case leveling in Torghast would have been optimal.