Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wishlist for 10.0

You may not like some of these things... let me know how you feel about it.

DUNGEONS

Less dungeons on release with more added later themed for introduction to the raid content. (Like ICC had) This would spice up Mythic plus every time a new patch was released on top of the affixes.

Removal of Mythic plus gear in favor of a emblem system. Receiving emblems based on the top Mythic Key you did the previous week usable at vendors for raid level misc gear that isn't part of the tier set (cloaks, rings, braces, etc.)

RAID

I'd like to see reduction/uniformity in raid sizes.
    A flat 10m across the board would not only reduce barriers to entry on Mythic but would also breed more competition for the world first races. It would take less time to adjust and tune the raid tiers and in the current state of the game finding a dedicated group of 20players willing to do mythic on some servers is very difficult. Uniformity in tuning would also open up the opportunity for Mythic Plus or challenge mode Raids.(HOWEVER, I AM ONLY IN FAVOR OF THIS IF THERE IS NO INCREASED ILVL ATTACHED TO THE GEAR) Maybe a leader board or cool vanity items (xmog, mounts, titles)

I also believe that LFR difficulty should be removed and replaced with normal removing one ilvl tier from inflating numbers. I know LFR is an evergreen feature that will not be removed but the difficulty should be bumped up and the amount of people should be reduced. This would allow groups to fill faster. Also giving incentive for tanks and healers to clear the raid more than once a week (gold, emblems for a special vendor or maybe just a chance of a random piece of gear upon second completion of the wing)

Classes

We don't need a new race for awhile we've received more races in the past 2 expansion than we have since launch. I would however love to see a similar system to allied races made for classes slowly released over the course of an expansion or two.

A new talent systems that combines the old and new style.

PVP

Please for the love of God remove the fucking upgrade system. I do not want to have to grind 150k honor to get a fully upgraded honor set again.
    Vendors that sell gear for reduced honor prices as the expansion moves forward. If a weapon cost 3500 honor at the start of the xpac it should be reduced by 1k every season. Place non-elite set on vendor upon season completion for honor as the initial cost of the base set from previous season.
    If the honor gear is 100 the conq gear should be no more than 20 ilvls above that. Over the course of an expansion you'd need 5 seasons to reach the amount of ilvl inflation we currently have.

Also can we please get some new battlegrounds... or a Revamp of SoA :.(

Professions

I'd love to see a rework on professions. They're become almost meaningless. I'd like to see them bring back the buffs for harvesting professions. Also would love to see recipes for high level gear that is actually relevant again.

Profession specific gear slot required to upgrade your profession benefit. (I.e. if you have skinning you get a base 1% haste buff from your skinning knife, if you craft an uncommon blade you get a 2%, rare 3% epic 4%) it doesn't necessarily have to have those stat values just an example. It doesn't even need to increase player power. It could just increase the harvest rate or crafting rate, reduce material cost etc.)

Gear

As I've said through this entire rant item level inflation is a problem so I'd like to see that addressed before we are back at 500ilvl by the end of next xpac.
    Return of colored/meta sockets.
    Items outside of trinkets that have unique effects.

Anyways those are my thoughts I don't care too much about the setting of the expansion as long as it's not... to far out there.

P.S. remove artificially time gated content entirely just let us play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    We don't need a new race for awhile we've received more races in the past 2 expansion than we have since launch.
    With the exception of Vulpera, every "allied race" mind as well have just been extra customization options for a pre-existing race.

P.S. remove artificially time gated content entirely just let us play the game.
    Also return back to MoP levels of quality and quantity of content.

While I do agree that the allied races are kind of just reskins they also do have their own unique flavor and racial abilities. You could say that dwarves are just small humans and gnomes are even smaller dwarves. Clearly the horde has a more diverse selection of races. Lol

More dungeons variety would be welcomed.

I dont see a mythic 10 man raiding to be good idea.

For 10 man you need 2 tanks same as for 20 man.

So if you split 20 man into two groups they would need 4 tanks instead. And roles like tanks and healers are harder to get.

Also, for 10 man you would select the best classes only even more and some specs would not fit in. For 20 man you can have larger variety.

And also you would need double number of raid leaders, officers etc ...

Old professions were meaningless grind, its not easy to make professions more meaningful.

Tbh I like new talent trees, they make more sense. Maybe they should add 1 or 2 new rows for each spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess all I want is a Faction Merge. But also...

Repeatable old instances like in Legion.

Damn I really loved that part when I could get actual gear from EN, so every instance/raid never loses its actualily

Returning of Infinite Dragonflight. If Dragon Isles leak is true then I will be more than happy continuing to play the game ^^

Would be super cool if they always had timewalking instance on. Like i would so happy, so:
    Faction Merge
    Dragons
    Instances and actuality
    Timewalking.

Cool stuff. I remember in SWTOR they had a feature like that timewalking stuff, I could return to the game and my friend always can help me with instances wihtout loosing challenge and actuality of drops for both of us.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Indeed, I do not like most of the things you suggested. LFR should be removed though unlikely to happen.

I have three simple expectations.

1 - Keep SL dungeon and raid philosophy. 9.0 instanced content was simply amazing.
    2 - More content, like way more fucking content
    3 - Decouple skills/talents from factions/items/whatever. Give us all the skills at max level.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-01-24 at 08:17 PM.

Housing
    New class
    Better animations / spell effects
    Profession rework
    Actually fun world content

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Indeed, I do not like most of the things you suggested. LFR should be removed though unlikely to happen.
    What exactly do you not like though?

Housing
    New types of world quests
    More content in each zone
    Zone like the Maw but better designed
    Frequent patches with new raid tiers
    New features like mythic plus that actually works
    (Not warfronts, island expeditions etc)
    Larger dungeon pool
    Systems without oversight

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove legendaries, add new artifact weapons. Make them xpac-specific (new unheard-of items, not the Ashbringer), with cool visual AND power customizations. Easier catch up mechanics, no timegates, less grind.

Re-add tier gear, but now with 2-4-6-8 set bonuses, with the 2set being the biggest bonus. Tier tokens can be used to upgrade older sets from the expansion, so old tier items can still be relevant. Later tiers would have better 2set bonueses, but older 2set bonuses are still desirable. There could also be some special non-raid sets available from launch that could be upgraded in this way. These sets would have generic non-class bonuses, like a ton of armor, healing, or movement speed.

Guild incentives. Just give more players a reason to want to be in guilds. And give players a reason to lead guilds. Maybe remove LFR, at least for launch (as a test). Bring back master loot and add UI for loot council voting and record-keeping. Mods currently do this well, but it should be a native feature.

Guild halls: building off the last idea, add guild halls in (or connected to) major cities. Utilize the Garrison and OrderHall tech to give guilds their own instanced space inside of cities. This is a feature that can keep growing after the next expansion is over.

What exactly do you not like though?

Less dungeons on release with more added later themed for introduction to the raid content.
    No. We need more dungeons, more content.

I'd like to see reduction/uniformity in raid sizes.
    No. This is a bad idea considering the number of classes in WoW.

We don't need a new race for awhile we've received more races in the past 2 expansion than we have since launch.
    No. More unique races, the better.

Return of colored/meta sockets.
    No. Their rationale to get rid of sockets was spot on. It is an arbitrary checklist barring you using the new gear you just got. Too bad Blizzard didn't not apply their own rationale to other design decisions in the game.

DUNGEONS

Less dungeons on release (...)
    Geez. Even less dungeons than we've been getting on release?

I'm all for a couple of raid-themed dungeons getting added throughout the expansion (and no mega-dungeon shenanigans for that matter), but less at release is a very weird item to add to a wishlist, if you ask me.

So i'd say "MORE DUNGEONS", at release, and throughout the expansion. It would be very easy if they returned to re-using assets for them. I don't really care about dungeons having unique assets or style... look back at TBC\WOTLK and you'd have 3 dungeons+1 raid with same theme\assets\art, but all very unique in their gameplay\mechanics (ie. TBC -> Ramparts + Blood Furnace + Shattered Halls + Magtheridon's Lair \\ WOTLK -> Ulduar + Halls of Stone + Halls of Lightning).

Adding 5-6 dungeons at the start of an xpac and then adding 1-3 per patch after themed around a raid would leave you with more dungeons at the end of the expansion.

There are 36 specs in wow and only 20 are represented in Mythic raiding. What's your point? It doesn't matter what the raid size is some classes/specs will be left out. There is and will always be a meta. It changes patch to patch with nerfs and buffs.

Allied races are unique from other races via racial which is what more or less separates the other races. Adding more diverse character modles would put an even bigger stress on the team having to design armor for even more body types.

Color sockets only seem to be a problem for blizz. Every other games has them and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Also most people just stack their main stat and then the rest of the gems are useless. Color gems also had the added bonus of a small stat increase to the gear if you sockets the correct colors. It was good for people who stacked all the same color and still good for people who matched colors. Also clearly blizz has made many misteps considering sub numbers. So I wouldn't take their word as the end all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No excuse for no new class at this point.

I mean I don't not agree with you. Hear me out if we got 5-6 on release and then they released them in-between raid tiers to further the story. We would get say 6 in x.0, 2 in x.0.5, raid in x.1, 2 more dungeons in x.1.5, etc. It would keep the game from becoming as stagnant. It doesn't matter how many dungeons they release with the xpac we will run them until they're no longer fun within the first month or two. Lol that's the thought anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A can think of a few. Mainly that the classes they do have aren't balanced and adding more will just make the already untenable situation worse.

Also, I'll probably unsub if I ever have to say the word "Tinkerer" with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah that's the truth innit. What's it been like 6 year almost? Haha

Just give me back my MoP Camera distance. The camera distance reduction was probably the most annoying change ever made in WoW. And it makes for a shitty time when you try DoTing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    A can think of a few. Mainly that the classes they do have aren't balanced and adding more will just make the already untenable situation worse.
    That's not a reason. If the expansions where no class was added showed significant balance improvements over expansions where classes were added, you could make this argument. However, since expansions that don't add classes are typically considered worse across the board (including balance), I simply can't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Also, I'll probably unsub if I ever have to say the word "Tinkerer" with a straight face.
    I agree. I'd much rather a Blademaster or Dragonsworn unless they come up with a better name than "Tinkerer".

"LF1M pref Tink" LUL