What covenant do you think had the best Lore?

I think it's Venthyr hands down; best story line that didn't put me to sleep; best aesthetics too with that vampiric feel which reminded of TBC in a good way.

They could have deleted the rest and have a Venthyr expansion tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian, Venthyr probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian hands down, even now u still question who is right and wrong in that conflict, also seems wow in the end adopted the vision that the rebels view is right, they were just under wrong leadership (jailor)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    it's hard to appreciate the lore when the corresponding quests suck, imo so I'm just going to say night fae. especially when you have to do the covenant quests on each alt. I had a really hard time wrapping my head around being transformed into something not resembling your previous self in the afterlife to be honest so I could only appreciate each covenants lore to an existent. I'd say the order of covenant campaign preference went something like night fae > necrolord > and kyrian and venthyr more or less equal. I also lost virtually all interest in the campaigns after the initial chains. the tacked-on chains just felt tacked on IMO.

the quests notwithstanding I still would probably choose night fae given it had my preferred aesthetics and nature / druid-like inclinations.

Venthyr for contained story,
    Night Fae for Lore placement,
    Kyrian for the story device.

Almost feels like they made the Necrolords just so players could have a Necromancy subclass for a bit..

"The zombies are -supposed- to be heroic defenders of the afterlife! but they're all being meanies, so take our power champion!"

uhg. I like the Primus well enough, but I'd probably actually dig him just as much if not more as a villain. The Necrolord magic and Domination, among un-revealed others, could have been considered the 'evil' death magics when compared to Night Fae, Kyrian and even the Venthyr's anima practice.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I found kyrian's not stupid by kinda too obvious; it was too on the surface; and the aesthetics excessively bright. Night Fae's was excessively "furry" in aesthetics and most of the campaign was mundane quests with no significant meaning. Necros I don't even remember much; that whole faction seems unnecessary; this game is sometimes "we got to have Klingons in the story!".

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Venthyr for contained story,
    Night Fae for Lore placement,
    Kyrian for the story device.

Almost feels like they made the Necrolords just so players could have a Necromancy subclass for a bit..

"The zombies are -supposed- to be heroic defenders of the afterlife! but they're all being meanies, so take our power champion!"

uhg. I like the Primus well enough, but I'd probably actually dig him just as much if not more as a villain. The Necrolord magic and Domination, among un-revealed others, could have been considered the 'evil' death magics when compared to Night Fae, Kyrian and even the Venthyr's anima practice.
    I thought the necrolords have the most varying and balanced personalities. You have the crazy "for science!" guys, the stalwart soldier guys, the glory seeking gladiator guys, the scheming lich guys. And that's not even getting into your stitchyard guys, who all have some pretty cool personalities. We got one guy whose previous body was a warrior but they're tired of being "just a meathead" and want their new body to be a mage. Another one was never given a body cause Gharmal disapproved, and they wanted to be a dog.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Necrolords seemed the least annoying at first. With Venthyr, I felt they were trying too hard, especially with Denathrius. Night Fae and the Winter Queen seemed mysterious and interesting partly because of her ties to Elune. I liked the Greek theme with the Kyrians, and I felt Davos was a very interesting character most of the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not really a fan of either honestly. The Kyrian had the issue of them being... Well... Retarded honestly, the whole "WHY IS THE MAW GETTING STRONGER JUST BECAUSE WE KEEP FEEDING IT!?"-Purpose nonsense was migraine inducing.

Night Fae suffered from being too fractured, it had too many story aspects and they weren't really connected, from dealing with Drust, to Fae to Bwomsamdi.

Venthyr wasn't half bad, though it was a shame it had the same ending as the Necrolord, which again shared quests with the Kyrian . all seemed a bit lazy. The Necrolord was all around "bleh" really, it was impossible to root for them honestly.

So erm... I guess it's a tie between NF and Venthyr.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    definitely Kyrian or Night Fae. seeing Ysera be reborn was just a marvel to watch

Probably Kyrian.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    definitely Kyrian or Night Fae. seeing Ysera be reborn was just a marvel to watch
    Not part of the covenant story though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not part of the covenant story though.
    Literally part of the levelling campaign

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Literally part of the levelling campaign
    Which is independat from the actual *covenant* campaign; it happens regardless of which team you decide to become a part of. I do agree though, that specific quest was great, albeit a bit too obvious - meaning that they *could* have made it a bit more mysterious, thus making the revelation that much more spectacular.