Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    The post you replied to is a reply to your reply.
    Um, okay? I never implied it wasn't.

You have no reasons to be confused by getting different currencies from different raids anymore than getting different currencies from different shadowlands zones.

Getting 2 types of badges for current tier gear is no more confusing than valor/justice or conquest/honor points system. Only thing different is the values.
    Not...really. I even gave you an example of how it could be confusing, especially for a new/returning player. There's a simplicity in the idea of loot being loot which badge gear completely circumvents. At least in SL, if you get a currency from doing one type of content, that currency is able to be used in that content. In WotLK there were many conflicting types of badges, all coming from similar content.

The feeling of specialness is something that is entirely on a player side and is something blizz should not waste time fixing.
    I'm glad you feel that way but the RPG elements of gear are obviously important to the developers. The bottom line is that if badges were the superior solution to the game's loot issues, they'd still be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Like when players had the “option” to turn off the ICC or DS 30% buffs. Self handicapping doesn’t feel good.
    They had the option from the very start.
    And those who meant it did in fact used it.
    I vividly remember HC25 Lich King No Buff video kills used for bragging rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Not...really. I even gave you an example of how it could be confusing, especially for a new/returning player. There's a simplicity in the idea of loot being loot which badge gear completely circumvents. At least in SL, if you get a currency from doing one type of content, that currency is able to be used in that content. In WotLK there were many conflicting types of badges, all coming from similar content.
    No you didn't. You just called it confusing, didn't say why and called it a day.
    If it's confusing because similar content gives different rewards then how do you handle the confusion of daily quests giving Stygia in Maw and Relic Points in Korthia?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm glad you feel that way but the RPG elements of gear are obviously important to the developers. The bottom line is that if badges were the superior solution to the game's loot issues, they'd still be around.
    And they would be if current devs would stop acting like a bunch of stubborn donkeys.
    On occasion they do and clean up their own mess like they did with Covenant restrictions in 9.1.5 patch.
    Now they have to do it a little more often with other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Dzonathan; 2022-01-26 at 04:27 PM.

Bringing back bonus rolls and master loot for guild groups would fix 90% of loot issues. Other 10 is just on blizz to not fuck over drop rates

Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    Bringing back bonus rolls and master loot for guild groups would fix 90% of loot issues. Other 10 is just on blizz to not fuck over drop rates
    Have to agree here with drop rates and ML. Not a fan of bonus rolls.

Just up the drop rate to 3 per 10 (6 drops per boss on mythic) and allow Masterloot in either all guild runs like Legion or maybe just mythic only since mythic already has unique rules like raid ID lockouts, no initial cross realm, and no flex.