Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This might be a bit shocking to you, but some people enjoy leveling and questing,

    Then they can create alt characters and go back and level and quest. How would this affect those who are max So... not really shocking. Pretty business as usual for this game.


    Your argument is for people who reach max level, either choose not to do max level content for whatever reason they have or choose to do max level content as well as the option to go back and do leveling quests again? Just because they enjoy leveling and questing?


    There is a clear cut option for that: go make another toon and level.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-26 at 09:23 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean you can always go back and finish it. Nothing stopping you
    It really should ask if you want to port back to Chromie or not instead of forcing the TP though.

  3. #43
    As like almost everything else in WoW currently is disappointing. And no hope to ever become better.

  4. #44
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Then they can create alt characters and go back and level and quest. How would this affect those who are max So... not really shocking. Pretty business as usual for this game.


    Your argument is for people who reach max level, either choose not to do max level content for whatever reason they have or choose to do max level content as well as the option to go back and do leveling quests again? Just because they enjoy leveling and questing?


    There is a clear cut option for that: go make another toon and level.
    ??? Level 50 isn't max level. Level 50 is still ten levels away from max level. What's wrong with letting them level all the way to max level via Chromie Time?

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    ??? Level 50 isn't max level. Level 50 is still ten levels away from max level. What's wrong with letting them level all the way to max level via Chromie Time?
    Because Shadowlands expansion forces you to level 50-60 in Shadowlands. It was forced so that the players experience the story and get used to their Covenant abilities.

  6. #46
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Because Shadowlands expansion forces you to level 50-60 in Shadowlands. It was forced so that the players experience the story and get used to their Covenant abilities.
    It just feels unnecessary. They're going to do a level 60 boost soon anyway, which means they'll have the mechanics set in the game for people to hit 60 and then get access to their Covenants, so why not let it happen earlier? If the idea of Chromie Time is "level how you want to" then they're just not meeting that bar with the current implementation, and some people are bothered by that and would like to be able to use Chromie Time for longer, possibly even at max level for fun.

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It just feels unnecessary. They're going to do a level 60 boost soon anyway, which means they'll have the mechanics set in the game for people to hit 60 and then get access to their Covenants, so why not let it happen earlier? If the idea of Chromie Time is "level how you want to" then they're just not meeting that bar with the current implementation, and some people are bothered by that and would like to be able to use Chromie Time for longer, possibly even at max level for fun.
    60 boost is already in the game, it has been for a few months now.
    If you don't like current Chromie it's up to you, but as any other previous expansion, you are forced to level in current expansion zones.
    Also, Blizzard never mentioned when they announced Chromie that you would be able to level to 60. It was stated that you can use Chromie time to level through your selected time-line until you catch-up to current level, which was 50 when Shadowlands launched.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    ??? Level 50 isn't max level. Level 50 is still ten levels away from max level. What's wrong with letting them level all the way to max level via Chromie Time?
    Timewalking is active every 3 weeks or so (might fluctuate, not at PC to check) which is a way to reach 60 without doing SL content.

    Now, I think that TW should be available every week, and before reaching 50, but that is far from what the root comment of this thread asked for.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Alternatively they could just add a XP nerf potion you can buy somewhere if you prefer slow leveling. Maybe something that reduces xp gains by 80-90% for those who want to level through multiple expansions.
    there is a literal npc to just turn off exp, so once you hit level 49 just turn off exp, and enjoy your old world questing.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Not everyone wants to one shot things while questing. It wouldn't really be that bad of an idea to add a max level version of Chromie time that let's you go through the expansions at level and enjoy the pace of it all. One shotting everything drastically destroys intended timing of how things work.
    The problem here is the item scaling and a huge danger to throw in some unexpected effects that could greatly alter the game.

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Pigglix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    For me chromietime should be extended to max lvl after you got 1 character on max lvl, because god please i wont do shadowlands questing again
    This please, i tried to level 3-4 toons and everytime i got to 48-50 i was like, ehhhh, nope.

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    This please, i tried to level 3-4 toons and everytime i got to 48-50 i was like, ehhhh, nope.
    I agree. I prefer every other expansion by far to SL. I also got a lot of toons on 51
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  13. #53
    The truth is that it is extremely jarring to be pullled out of Chromie time for no other reason than you just hit 50, and they need a better system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •