Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As someone currently unsubbed, I won't come back until there is a true solo queue. It's ridiculous that on several private servers I've played they have solo queue and yet Blizzard hasn't added it yet.

The issue with 1v1 is that the game isnt tha balanced.
    As a fun activity with presets it would be good but people will stop playing it after a while when they realise thei class cant do much,for me it would be better to revive the coloseum (free for all arena with 1 winner in the end) as it was posted in a video a few days ago about how dead it is ^^

Because this

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Because the game isnt balanced around 1v1...1v1 is basically a game of rock paper scissors.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    Dueling flat out sucks, and has sucked since legion. When classes got pruned and simplified, 1v1s reverted back to rock/paper/scissors.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Once you add a feature you need to support it. If 1v1 gets added demands of balancing it will appear.
    and (although a very flawed implementation the following is still true)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They tried a qued 1v1 in BFA, it was called the Duelist Guild. It was a dead feature because nobody participated in it lol. Funny how people forget about systems that are actually in the game that failed terribly.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ
    Dividing the player pool into yet another sub-pool is not going to work. 2s, 3s, RBG, (soon) Solo Shuffle (rated) is already probably too much.
    however

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    The 1v1 isn't balance is the laziest excuse ever. Matches won't be decided at the start every time, same as 2v2 games aren't decided at the start every game. People talking like every player is a rank 1 multi glad that can play flawlessly...
    is false because the complexity of 1v1 is so low that pretty much everyone is playing within 90-95% of a rank 1 multi glad as soon as you start hitting any form of serious rating.

This has been tried multiple times on private servers and it always leads to the same outcome. Good 1v1 specs sift to the top immediately, due to the low complexity of 1v1 it's almost impossible to overcome balancing issues with skill.

This is already a problem in 2s, and 3s to some extent, but in 1v1 it's almost the sole deciding factor.

If it wasn't ranked(wih rating) and you couldn't actually farm CP with it? Sure thing.

Otherwise - it would be too unbalanced.
    Yeah, 2v2 isn't neither, but it's still much better.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then remove 2s and rbg aswell, because pvp is balanced around 3v3.
    How 3v3 is more balanced than rbg?

Cause if they opend up for 1v1 queueable arenas forums like these would be flooded with "Balance x y class now" on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If it wasn't ranked(wih rating) and you couldn't actually farm CP with it? Sure thing.

Otherwise - it would be too unbalanced.
    Yeah, 2v2 isn't neither, but it's still much better.

How 3v3 is more balanced than rbg?
    as i already said. I never said 3s is balanced, i said they balance around 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    as i already said. I never said 3s is balanced, i said they balance around 3s.
    Yeah, but why did you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein
    Then remove 2s and rbg aswell, because pvp is balanced around 3v3.
    I mean, why removing 2s and rbg? Because the game is balanced around 3v3? Does that mean rbg is less balanced?

It seems the simplest solution for 1v1 solo is to match DK vs DK, DH vs DH, Druid vs Druid, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Title. Even if it wasn't ranked, just for fun to mess around with. I don't understand why they're so against it.
    I do not believe that it is hard but more, it isn't of their interest. If you want 1v1, then you can make a Wargame, or /duel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm glad on 3 classes and 2100+ on 4 others.

You're literally braindead if you think in a 1v1 there's any class in the game that has even a small chance of beating a convoke feral. We aren't talking about current arenas, where convoke feral is trash, we're talking about literal 1v1 fights with no outside influence. Convoke literally can't lose to anything in the game. Please, try to follow along with what the conversation is about before you start talking about it.
    Equally geared and skilled convoke feral v BM hunter, hunter will win pretty much every single time unless they d/c or something. That you don't know this makes me not believe you've ever been above 1.6. Who knows, maybe you are high in 3's where you just haven't had a chance to see a convoke feral in a true 1v1 very often. It's more common in 2's to end up with a 1v1. Convoke feral is very strong 1v1 but there are some specs that counter.

they do have 1v1. its called the gates of sw or org

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Equally geared and skilled convoke feral v BM hunter, hunter will win pretty much every single time unless they d/c or something. That you don't know this makes me not believe you've ever been above 1.6. Who knows, maybe you are high in 3's where you just haven't had a chance to see a convoke feral in a true 1v1 very often. It's more common in 2's to end up with a 1v1. Convoke feral is very strong 1v1 but there are some specs that counter.
    This is just objectively false lol.

It's actually not that hard at all for convoke feral to win against a BM hunter, all you have to do is mass root the pets so your convoke doesn't hit them and you pretty much win on second convoke guaranteed. Perhaps you've never seen a feral that knows how their abilities work though, would explain why you don't know how easy it is.

Yeah, this would be edge-of-seat-exciting as an ele shaman.

*sap* - quickly run upstairs and put make up on so I can look pretty before I get well and truly f**ked.

It would take all of about one week before the only people queueing would be the same one or two classes.

Because Blizzard cant be bothered with 1 million+ forum posts that would be made about balance.

Such an amazing suggestion.... (not)

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Didn't we have it in BFA? Duelers guild or something?

It wasn't particularly popular lol.
    Because you had to go all the way to the Mugambala to queue. If you could queue from anywhere it would be fine.

This is just objectively false lol.

It's actually not that hard at all for convoke feral to win against a BM hunter, all you have to do is mass root the pets so your convoke doesn't hit them and you pretty much win on second convoke guaranteed. Perhaps you've never seen a feral that knows how their abilities work though, would explain why you don't know how easy it is.
    A semi decent BM has some counters you don't mention. Masters Call for one. But sure, live in your fantasy world where a pet stays rooted and the hunter just stands there and takes a whole convoke.

My good friend plays 2.7k feral, sometimes convoke but not always because decent players can counter. During 2's I talked to him about this at the time you were spouting your nonsense and he laughed. He could beat the vast majority of specs 1 v 1 but it's silly to say nothing can beat convoke feral. Silly I tell you.

I stand by my judgement that you've either never been above 1600 or you're just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Probably the same reason there's no soloqueue, stubbornness and pride.
    Also 1v1 being is imbalanced is completely allright.
    Should just be implemented for the sake of fun, not optimizing outcome.
    Sure kill dueling for a shitty crappy instanced thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    A semi decent BM has some counters you don't mention. Masters Call for one. But sure, live in your fantasy world where a pet stays rooted and the hunter just stands there and takes a whole convoke.

My good friend plays 2.7k feral, sometimes convoke but not always because decent players can counter. During 2's I talked to him about this at the time you were spouting your nonsense and he laughed. He could beat the vast majority of specs 1 v 1 but it's silly to say nothing can beat convoke feral. Silly I tell you.

I stand by my judgement that you've either never been above 1600 or you're just trolling.
    Let me know how trying to use Master's Call while you're stunned works out for you. But sure, continue talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

Cool your imaginary friend agrees with you, I'm very impressed. As long as the Feral isn't literal trash he can very easily beat anything 1v1, as convoke, but I'm sure your 2.7 feral friend that definitely definitely exists is unable to press stun and then convoke and then kite for a minute lol.

You talk about rating, link your check-pvp, let's see it. You play with a 2.7 feral apparently, I'd hope you at least have 2.4 rating. Surely one of the characters on your account has a name resembling your name here, right?

Let me know how trying to use Master's Call while you're stunned works out for you. But sure, continue talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

Cool your imaginary friend agrees with you, I'm very impressed. As long as the Feral isn't literal trash he can very easily beat anything 1v1, as convoke, but I'm sure your 2.7 feral friend that definitely definitely exists is unable to press stun and then convoke and then kite for a minute lol.

You talk about rating, link your check-pvp, let's see it. You play with a 2.7 feral apparently, I'd hope you at least have 2.4 rating. Surely one of the characters on your account has a name resembling your name here, right?
    LOL what a clown. Everything you say is dumb.