Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Sylvanas and the Jailer were established pre-2010.
    If that's your logic, all priests have been working for the jailer forever because of the chain undead spell. Koltira literally committed treason here & Garrosh would have just decapitated him immediately, so spare us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not only that, claiming Danuser is just trying to "fix" what is wrong with the lore
    Or, just waiting for a full expansion he's actually been in charge of. Factually, Danuser has only been in charge of 70% of Shadowlands & back when it first came out I was imagining all the ways it could have been worse than it was.

Overall, not just murdering another WC3 character feels like an upswing from the awful experience of BFA.

Let's get this right. Even if Afrasaibi wrote Sylvanas up until Teldrassil---what came after it was the actual disaster, not the burning of Teldrassil itself. We didn't know her motive until the end of BfA. The entirety of BfA was super vague. They had ample opportunity to add in something that made sense, but no--they actually went ahead with the cinematic of Sylvanas killing Saurfang and leaving the Horde. If Afrasaibi cut out a cinematic and they were able to scrap ideas, why did they leave this in? lmao

This is entirely the fault of Steve Danuser who is now trying to put blame on the perfect scapegoat. Mr. Danuser wanted the story this way because he wanted his waifu to be the main character. He has a super creepy obsession with Sylvanas. He believes he's actually Nathanos irl and this is part of the reason why Sylvanas got an awful redemption arc. I honestly though the standard for proving something would be more than just "I heard this rumour". Nobody else from Blizzard has come out to support this rumour because that's all this is--a rumour. Mr. Danuser has been the one greenlighting everything.
    Last edited by s0ul; 2022-01-30 at 06:35 PM.

I mean, that still leaves room for plenty of bad writing, which ranges from very nonsensical things like "the circles are industrious" to mindboggling moments like zovaal ordering his forces to retreat when they are about to crush the heroes. Those are all on danuser's end.

It's just blizzard not taking responsibility for a very unpopular story. I believe for the Exploring Kalimdor book Sean Copeland through his wife was trying to say some unknown person at blizzard added all the racist tropes in there, so all of the criticism should go to some unknown scapegoat, but all the praise should go to him. It's kind of obvious from the Uther plotline at the beginning of Shadowlands they were setting up the sylvanas redemption, so it's not like 9.0 can be blamed on Alex, it was clearly set up from the beginning of the expansion. Afrasiabi may have been a pos, but that doesn't absolve the team from their writing in BfA or any part of SL, they are just scapegoating and keep in mind, even after a sexual harasser like Afrasiabi left, no one at blizzard is really coming out officially to denounce his shitty work, just just random DMs to youtube influencers about how some people there may not have like the burning several years afterwards because the story is just so bad right now.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Let's get this right. Even if Afrasaibi wrote Sylvanas up until Teldrassil---what came after it was the actual disaster, not the burning of Teldrassil itself. We didn't know her motive until the end of BfA. The entirety of BfA was super vague. They had ample opportunity to add in something that made sense, but no--they actually went ahead with the cinematic of Sylvanas killing Saurfang and leaving the Horde. If Afrasaibi cut out a cinematic and they were able to scrap ideas, why did they leave this in? lmao

This is entirely the fault of Steve Danuser who is now trying to put blame on the perfect scapegoat. Mr. Danuser wanted the story this way because he wanted his waifu to be the main character. He has a super creepy obsession with Sylvanas. He believes he's actually Nathanos irl and this is part of the reason why Sylvanas got an awful redemption arc. I honestly though the standard for proving something would be more than just "I heard this rumour". Nobody else from Blizzard has come out to support this rumour because that's all this is--a rumour. Mr. Danuser has been the one greenlighting everything.
    This man here knows whats up. Danuser will do everything he can to redeem his waifu Sylvanas. He probably lives half in a made up world in his mind where he talks to Sylvanas about their relationship and plans. He will burn everything down in his path to fulfill his plans with his waifu. The first step was to get everything leaked/going with Afriasabi for his personal vendetta for setting up his waifu. But also to shift blame away from him so he can succeed with his quest for his waifu.
    DO NOT STAND IN HIS WAY OR YOU WILL BE CRUSHED BY DANUSER, MARK MY WORDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If that's your logic, all priests have been working for the jailer forever because of the chain undead spell. Koltira literally committed treason here & Garrosh would have just decapitated him immediately, so spare us.
    Yeah, the mysterious usage of purging all feeling after being gripped by magical metal chains from nowhere is probably just a coincidence. The usage of 'reckoning' and 'the reckoning' for everything involving sylvanas probably also just a coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, just waiting for a full expansion he's actually been in charge of. Factually, Danuser has only been in charge of 70% of Shadowlands & back when it first came out I was imagining all the ways it could have been worse than it was.
    Yeah, waiting to find out if a career bad-writer is going to bad-write again for 2+ years is a wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Listen, "direction" of a plot doesn't define quality of a story. It's how it told and all the little fine details. And that is how and why it failed miserably.
    They could have easily limit the influence of janitor and come up with different reason why he is next big villain, but Daunser didn't.

Disclaimer: I don't know the guy, just happen to see this particular video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGq-NWHQjps
    i do not disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So from what I gather from People in this thread. They are excusing Danuser's shitty writing because someone else was also a shitty writer?
    i read all the posts. and this is not what i gather tbh.

i personally belive Danuser is a horrible shitty writer and did damage to WoW. i also believe what the vid said could (i repeat: could) be true.

and what I gather from this threads ppl is that MAAAAAAANY ppl here can’t think in other colors than black and white. seems grey is not a widely used color for most ppl here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except that is literally not what they are trying to do but ok.
    But it kinda is...nothing is being fixed it's all just being dropped.

Sylvanas is getting a pass and Tyrande power just faded right before she'd deal a killing blow and she walked away (Plus ultimate power suddenly failing at the last moment is a overused anime trope) This was clear since BFA...the way everyone just forgave the Horde despite this being their second genocidal warlord leading them on a crusade to kill everyone in their way, and large chunks of the Horde just going with the flow.

It doesn't matter if the start wasn't his fault, the way things have gone since he took over aren't very inspiring
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

He was also behind the whole "Wrathgate wasn't a nathrazim coup (quick, remove the scenario from the game so everyone blames Sylvanas instead of Verimathras)" thing.
    That was already hinted at in Chronicle V3, it mentioned that rumors persisted that Sylvanas was behind, or at least allowed it to happen but nothing has ever been verified (within the game universe).

The crux is that this was probably written down somewhere at Blizzard HQ "Sylvanas is behind the Wrathgate, but don't tell anybody!" and Afrasiabi being bumbling fool that he is, just mentioned it in an interview.

So, what's going to be the new cope for when Danuser fucks up the Dragon lore or whatever other long standing warcraft storyline next expansion? Are they going to blame it on some sexist/racist ghost writer that somehow had more influence than the lead? Anyone who actually believes these influencers who're desperately trying to prop up WoW for the next expansion are delusional.

WoW's never had amazing writing, but both mid BFA and SL have been so offensively terrible that it's amazing anyone could actually read and approve his scripts. Also people seem to forget that Sylvanas was always doing evil shit long before the burning of Teldrassil, so that wasn't even really outside of character for her. It's just that once Danuser got his cum soaked fingers off his body pillow and onto the warcraft story, he had to save his precious waifu in expense of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Megor96 View Post
    So, what's going to be the new cope for when Danuser fucks up the Dragon lore or whatever other long standing warcraft storyline next expansion?
    You see, the dragon lore was already done by, surprise, afrasiabi too, Danuser just trying to make sense on the mess afrasiabi left on his lap once again

And now that you mention, he will definetely fuck up the dragon lore, he didn't made that, what it was, shortstory, book about dragons full of nonsense? imagine that as a full blown expansion, omy god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That was already hinted at in Chronicle V3, it mentioned that rumors persisted that Sylvanas was behind, or at least allowed it to happen but nothing has ever been verified (within the game universe)..
    And tbf, this makes completely sense, Sylvanas was down on the road of vengeance at all costs, even forcing he blood elves fight in northrend despite their being mostly fucked from the scourge.

I can totally see Sylvanas giving the order to take the shot if The lich king appeared, regardless if there would be causalities, as her goal was the only thing that matters

You see, the dragon lore was already done by, surprise, afrasiabi too, Danuser just trying to make sense on the mess afrasiabi left on his lap once again

And now that you mention, he will definetely fuck up the dragon lore, he didn't made that, what it was, shortstory, book about dragons full of nonsense? imagine that as a full blown expansion, omy god.
    To be fair, the dragons already got screwed over in Cata. But hey, everything can always get worse.

And tbf, this makes completely sense, Sylvanas was down on the road of vengeance at all costs, even forcing he blood elves fight in northrend despite their being mostly fucked from the scourge.

I can totally see Sylvanas giving the order to take the shot if The lich king appeared, regardless if there would be causalities, as her goal was the only thing that matters
    Eh, i think it would require still more explanation.

While the Forsaken bombing the Lich King makes sense, it was quite obvious that the Wrathgate was also deliberately aimed at the living forces there.
    And then you have the political fallout of Varimathras coup and Undercity being put "under the protection" of the Kor'kron.

One could argue that Sylvanas wanted to get rid off Varimathras / disloyal parts of the Forsaken, but that obviously begs the question: why incite a coup of that scale?
    It's not like anybody within the Horde would've asked questions if Sylvanas decided to get rid of a Demon within her ranks.

I don't need to watch an apologist shill excusing bad writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But it kinda is...nothing is being fixed it's all just being dropped.

Sylvanas is getting a pass and Tyrande power just faded right before she'd deal a killing blow and she walked away (Plus ultimate power suddenly failing at the last moment is a overused anime trope) This was clear since BFA...the way everyone just forgave the Horde despite this being their second genocidal warlord leading them on a crusade to kill everyone in their way, and large chunks of the Horde just going with the flow.

It doesn't matter if the start wasn't his fault, the way things have gone since he took over aren't very inspiring
    Dude are you stuck in 9.1? cause thats not whats happening in 9.2