Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are nuts if you think they're going to let you sidestep expansion box cost by paying 30% less for your monthly sub.
    It wouldn't overly surprise me if they gave you new expansions, but you still need to pay a sub. I don't believe WoW will go on Gamepass at all, but if it does, I expect it to only be the newest expansion base edition.

That's based on them giving full 60$ games on the subscription day 1 of release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    With Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard my bold prediction...

It's not that bold. It's kind of a given. The future is in subscription services and by adding value to the subscription. What a huge boost to gaming it will be too.

This is years down the road though, people. 2-5 minimum, based on my acquisition experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are nuts if you think they're going to let you sidestep expansion box cost by paying 30% less for your monthly sub.
    They routinely give you access to $60 titles on day 1 on the game pass, gaining a long-term subscriber is worth it for them.

Yes, it's much more likely that expansions go on Game Pass than the WoW subscription does. But anything could happen, of course.

oW in its current form is a great reliable cash printer and that is not going to change, migrating the WoW sub to Game Pass doesn't change the fact that you'll still pay $15 a month to play the game, you just pay Bill Gates now.

I take back what I think about Battle.net and WoW Tokens becoming obsolete, because WoW Tokens and boosting economies are probably massively profitable for WoW too, why would they change that. Blizzbucks that can only be used on Blizzard products, not even physical merch, is a non-issue.

Creating value for Game Pass is arguably the whole point of Microsoft's acquisition, and access to WoW and all the rest of Blizzard/Activision games would add tremendous value. Especially as Game Pass growth kind of stalled lately and failed to meet projected expectations, this would be the big boost it needs: https://www.vg247.com/xbox-game-pass...w-expectations

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    With Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard my bold prediction is that they will phase out Battle.net and migrate all Blizzard titles to the Xbox Game Pass. Two subscription services will be redundant, and making WoW available to the 25 million game pass subscribers is the kind of game-changer that will revitalize WoW, which, as the owners of a stagnating 18-year-old with lots of potentials, must be priority number one. The merger would also add give or take 5 million Xbox Game Pass subscribers is a 20% increase overnight, that is the kind of performance that stimulates the stock price and earns CEOs their hundo-mil bonuses.

It would be a great deal for current WoW subscribers as well, centralizing service under the Xbox Game Pass subscription would give you access to hundreds of full-price quality titles, for no more than you are currently spending. The Xbox Game Pass is cheaper too, PC Game Pass is only $10 a month, Full Game Pass is $15, the migration would not have a significant impact on revenue from WoW subscribers.

This would have some cascading effects, with the phasing out of Battle.net and the WoW subscription there would be no more WoW Tokens. No more WoW Tokens would have a big impact on the boosting economy as there would no longer be an easy and permitted way to pay to win, the system will return to banning gold buyers and sellers. This would be an improvement to the game, in my view.

Convince me that I'm wrong, but I see no conceivable downside to the merging of the WoW subscription and Xbox Game Pass. It would introduce millions of new players to WoW, add millions of new Xbox Game Pass subscribers, and most importantly keep WoWs reputation as the worlds most profitable MMO going for as long as they can.
    Your wrong.

WoW Sub will go bye bye and the microsoft pc game pass will have WoW on it.

Also nobody will care cuz WoW is awful at best.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-game-pass