[''Leak''] Of 10.0 and what you shouldn't expect

So, I've seen many great takes and ideas on some of the recently posted ''leaks'', but most have a bit ''too'' high expectations, while others are supposedly in a negative tone, all coming from ''disgruntled'' employees, or ex-employees. Now, takes this from me: No disgruntled employee would be at the same time spiteful and excited about systems, story, and leaking a ''complete'' expansion.

Though not exactly many are ''happy'' about Blizzard's working enviroment, nor with the systems or story in developement, such things are, most of the time, separated from each other. And so, the work that's being put on all of them, despite everything, needs to be acknowledged as well.

Now, to get a bit on the topic. As I said, there's been big expectations, or none at all.

Well, as many would say: It always depends. One thing I can tell you without giving away ''too much'' is that next expansion just ties many loose ends, both on the technical way, as well as in the current story that needs to be told, to make way for not so much of a clean start, but a new ''generation'' or ''saga'' for it.

Now, think of unused assets, unfinished storylines, but don't expect them to make it to the game as they were planned. What may once have been a Warfront, could now be a Scenario. What once was a questline with one clear objective, could now tie into more recently introduced plots.

Yes, there will be new zones. And yes, the main ones are pretty obvious, but not in the way most have ''guessed''. Recent systems will still be used in the next expansion, and will still be a way to ''timegate'' borrowed power, but less restricted overall. Do take into consideration that ''one of those is not like the others'' though, so the choices will not change that much.

''Restore'' is in fact a word that plays a main role in the story, but ''Defend'' is another one as important. The story is somewhat recycled, yes, both on terms on playability and events, but as I said, the idea for them is to tie loose ends, and give an opening for new things.

No new playable rigs, classes, or specializations, but you can expect functional assets to be added in some way, and new colors for others.

No world revamp, but some old zones will be relevant in the story and gameplay. Some of what I said before may give a hint as to how, and why.

Related to that, the main campaign is not devoided of a main antagonist. Such antagonist will force us to ''defend'' a few places, while we work on ''restoring'' what we need to repel it, althoug only for a time. I would say we'll do both in the later half of the expansion, as both heroes and otherwise will be looking for greener pastures. This menace will convince some of the need for allies, new and old, to face it, while others won't be so sure, and a few will be directly against it. This will lead us to future stories in the long and short run, and, of course, will tie into the next expansion.

I wouldn't personally call it a ''filler'', though some already do. For me, it's a breath of fresh air, but with the aroma of nostalgia.
    Last edited by DisGruntOrc; 2022-01-28 at 12:54 PM.

Why are you typing like you have insider knowledge? At least try a little with fake leaks.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Most normal people know that Blizzards work enviroment isnt worse then any of the other big gaming companies - they just got found out.

With all the changes Blizzard have done they are probably on of the greatest gaming companies to work for as a new hire - be that a good or a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why are you typing like you have insider knowledge? At least try a little with fake leaks.
    I think it sounds like most of the leaked post, like someone took information and rumours from diffrent "content creators" and put together with own twist.

I rather took this as a play on the 'fortune teller'-style "leaks", staying vague and giving non-committing statements about stuff that will almost likely be true-ish in some way.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

This thread is even more absurd than the unoriginal leaks. geez

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I rather took this as a play on the 'fortune teller'-style "leaks", staying vague and giving non-committing statements about stuff that will almost likely be true-ish in some way.
    Yep, same as the "chinese riddles".

This, an unentertaining entertainer is nothing.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post is basically what most reasonable people could guess without insider knowledges, presented as the "leak". Thank you for nothing bro.

You can say this about literally any expansion. Or was that the point?

I feel like we deserve aNew Age Bullshit Generator styled app for creating leaks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DisGruntOrc View Post
    So, I've seen many great takes and ideas on some of the recently posted ''leaks'', but most have a bit ''too'' high expectations, while others are supposedly in a negative tone, all coming from ''disgruntled'' employees, or ex-employees. Now, takes this from me: No disgruntled employee would be at the same time spiteful and excited about systems, story, and leaking a ''complete'' expansion.

Though not exactly many are ''happy'' about Blizzard's working enviroment, nor with the systems or story in developement, such things are, most of the time, separated from each other. And so, the work that's being put on all of them, despite everything, needs to be acknowledged as well.

Now, to get a bit on the topic. As I said, there's been big expectations, or none at all.

Well, as many would say: It always depends. One thing I can tell you without giving away ''too much'' is that next expansion just ties many loose ends, both on the technical way, as well as in the current story that needs to be told, to make way for not so much of a clean start, but a new ''generation'' or ''saga'' for it.

Now, think of unused assets, unfinished storylines, but don't expect them to make it to the game as they were planned. What may once have been a Warfront, could now be a Scenario. What once was a questline with one clear objective, could now tie into more recently introduced plots.

Yes, there will be new zones. And yes, the main ones are pretty obvious, but not in the way most have ''guessed''. Recent systems will still be used in the next expansion, and will still be a way to ''timegate'' borrowed power, but less restricted overall. Do take into consideration that ''one of those is not like the others'' though, so the choices will not change that much.

''Restore'' is in fact a word that plays a main role in the story, but ''Defend'' is another one as important. The story is somewhat recycled, yes, both on terms on playability and events, but as I said, the idea for them is to tie loose ends, and give an opening for new things.

No new playable rigs, classes, or specializations, but you can expect functional assets to be added in some way, and new colors for others.

No world revamp, but some old zones will be relevant in the story and gameplay. Some of what I said before may give a hint as to how, and why.

Related to that, the main campaign is not devoided of a main antagonist. Such antagonist will force us to ''defend'' a few places, while we work on ''restoring'' what we need to repel it, althoug only for a time. I would say we'll do both in the later half of the expansion, as both heroes and otherwise will be looking for greener pastures. This menace will convince some of the need for allies, new and old, to face it, while others won't be so sure, and a few will be directly against it. This will lead us to future stories in the long and short run, and, of course, will tie into the next expansion.

I wouldn't personally call it a ''filler'', though some already do. For me, it's a breath of fresh air, but with the aroma of nostalgia.
    I would like to point out that we just had 2 filler expansions in a row, so a third one would probably be the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm reading old Nostradamus predictions where nothing specific is ever mentioned, so they can't really be proven wrong. Like 90% of this could apply to pretty much anything, so it's hard to really consider this a leak or the sort.

Here, I'll try a leak as well in this style: "In the next expansion, Druids will be a playable class. Stuff will happen that will close up some plots & open up others. We will be adventuring in a place."