Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah "only path the game can take" is a pretty weak argument. We might as well fight Jailer's mom next expansion, who is the mega-First one and the before-the first-ones just because.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon isle, undermine and plunder isle could all be part of the next expansion.

Or atleast all together in a single expansion, we could obviously have b plots from the main story etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihea View Post
    Well, the Dragon mount, oet and transmission that were datamined which are reserved for collectors editions was kind of a big tell. After that, it's kinda hard not to figure it would be dragon based. And yes, then the Dragon mount pack.
    except "emerald dragon" (which afaik is what was datamined) might be tied to different things than just "dragons"... like emerald dream to name the most obvious...
    so the dragon theme is just an assumption, not a bad one, but its definitely not certainty, and everyone and their mother repeating the same theme shows lack of imagination
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-30 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    except "emerald dragon" (which afaik is what was datamined) might be tied to different things than just "dragons"... like emerald dream to name the most obvious...
    so the dragon theme is just an assumption, not a bad one, but its definitely not certainty, and everyone and their mother repeating the same theme shows lack of imagination
    Well Emerald Drake mount could also be about Nordrassil being the new Night Elf home, since it was the dragonflights who originally created (Alexstraza) and blessed (Red, Green, and Bronze) that tree. I don't really see us going into the Emerald Dream as an expansion since we dealt with so much of it in Legion.

Also after Shadowlands, are people really excited about an Emerald Dream expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    1. Wrathion searching for the Dragon isles in 8.3.
    2. Wrathion showing up in 8.3.
    3. Wrathion finding some Twilight Drake eggs after defeating N'zoth
    4. Steamscale Incinerator Mount
    5. Timeless Mechanical Dragonling pet
    6. Ysera popping up in the Shadowlands
    7. Dragon Pack
    8. Emerald Dragon buff in encrypted files
    9. Empire of Dragons logo

Still could mean that we're not going the dragon route though.
    Thanks, this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Yeah "only path the game can take" is a pretty weak argument. We might as well fight Jailer's mom next expansion, who is the mega-First one and the before-the first-ones just because.
    Did you just take a sentence out of the context of my post and then quoted it wrongly? You made something up and said it's a weak argument, well it is indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Because SL kind of sucks and the location isn't interesting and they are hoping that the next expansion is somewhere they like and more familiar to warcraft and has a bunch of nostalgia/history attached to it.
    People are nostalgic for Warcraft dragons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    1. There's bumfuck else to go on Azeroth anymore.
    We can still go underground. Explore ancient Nerubian kingdoms. Travel along the ley lines. Crawl through the old guts of Y'shaarj. Meet the Titan Azeroth herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Inb4 they corrupt Wrathion so we have an "established villain"
    NuBlizzard isn't going to villify one of their only PoC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Did you just take a sentence out of the context of my post and then quoted it wrongly? You made something up and said it's a weak argument, well it is indeed.
    Nah I was just talking generally. I would respond to you if I thought you clearly think that way. You seem to just say that it's what people see as the only path which might be logical (not sure).

Just speculation about one of the unexplored things from previous lore. Wow dragons since cata have probably been some of the worst dragons in any media though, so dragon isles would probably be lame if they implemented them with the current story team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Plus Empire of Dragons doesn't sit well in the English language, it's fine at face value as a specific adjective but as a name it's just off. It would likely be called something more like "The Dragon Empire". Empire of Dragons sounds like a rough Google translate or a Chinese mobile game.

Then, grammatical errors aside, the Dragons never had an empire of any sort, so... yeah.
    It's not a grammatical error. I'm not going to argue whether it's real or not, but Empire of Dragons and The Dragon Empire actually carry slightly different connotations, especially since it's not "The Empire of Dragons" and is instead "Empire of Dragons". "Empire of Dragons," as it is presented here, leans towards the usage of "empire" in reference to domain/territory. The Dragon Empire/The Empire of Dragons would more so evoke the political entity of "empire."

I guess my point is there's a style argument for saying "Empire of Dragons" vs. Dragon Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    It's not a grammatical error. I'm not going to argue whether it's real or not, but Empire of Dragons and The Dragon Empire actually carry slightly different connotations, especially since it's not "The Empire of Dragons" and is instead "Empire of Dragons". "Empire of Dragons," as it is presented here, leans towards the usage of "empire" in reference to domain/territory. The Dragon Empire/The Empire of Dragons would more so evoke the political entity of "empire."

I guess my point is there's a style argument for saying "Empire of Dragons" vs. Dragon Empire
    That's why I said it was fine at face value as an adjective. It's just not quite right as a name though. It also doesn't feel good to say, especially with World of Warcraft before it, doesn't fit the style and sounds more like an indie title or Asian knock off that hasn't had much thought. There was another leak I saw a while ago called World of Warcraft: Dragonmire. That's the kind of name you would expect from Blizzard, something with punch that rolls off the tongue and feels good.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

If they do this expansion, we better get a WQ that has a dragon shouting out "almost caught me," as you chase it around a pattern like the old BFA shape WQ... Only thing I wanna see.
    Last edited by Lavey; 2022-02-01 at 01:24 AM.