Poll: When do you think we'll hear about 10.0?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm thinking early-mid march.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    I would quite like the WoW expansion news to be announced at this years blizzcon even if its digital again.

I really don't know the situation with social distancing in LA at the moment so maybe people can chime in if physical (normal) is possible for Blizzard to arrange.

I also think more time later this year to announce it will be better as they are able to show off in theory more content that will be available for launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since blizzard started doing this, the content delivery has been terrible, they need to release content from now on when its ready.
    Think I read somewhere that Blizzcon is no more?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post

yeah there wont be blizzcon 2022. I think there will be annoucement in april and more info we will get on some gamescom or something

When the raid will be available? realistic it should be before people kill the end boss, all the expansions afaik, were announced before the last patch was up

Would suck really, they could really do something out there for fans (Covid restrictions pertaining that is).

Mean not asking for blizzcon every year, think gaps are good in between.

But they need to do announcements old school, best way to get fans hyped (to be fair the devs too).

It’s gotta be soonish.
    I’m expecting some form of announcement soon after the raid cinematics are released.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    theyre not even finished working on the patch they're releasing in a week they have no idea what the next expansion is going to be. Mark it down this will be the longest end patch in wow history.
    That is utterly false. They plan mutliple expansions ahead. In fact they started work on it before Shaodwlands released. Not only do they know what it is, they know what 11.0 is as well.

- - - Updated - - -

They said they want to re envision it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    When the raid will be available? realistic it should be before people kill the end boss, all the expansions afaik, were announced before the last patch was up
    That's how it should be. It leaves Blizzard less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    That's how it should be. It leaves Blizzard less than a week.
    Two weeks, technically. The end boss won't be out until March 8. Also, from reading the article with Ion's interview, it's very likely now that we won't be getting any 10.0 news (at-least official news/reveal) until AFTER March 8 (unless they want to wait for full ZM campaign, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Two weeks, technically. The end boss won't be out until March 8. Also, from reading the article with Ion's interview, it's very likely now that we won't be getting any 10.0 news (at-least official news/reveal) until AFTER March 8 (unless they want to wait for full ZM campaign, too).
    Hell. How long a man needs to wait for some news.

Doesn't matter. Things will happen when they happen. The longer the announcement is delayed, the less time until F&F alpha and beta. The only reason to rush an announcement is to get customers excited. They're in no mood to be excited right now and there's likely little pressure from Santa Monica to rush.
    "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game" — Soren Johnson (Civilization III/IV designer)

I picked the latest month, but more realistically probably July since that's 6 months out.

Assumptions:

1) There will be a new class. Dragon-esqe
    2) Blizzard will want to keep people paying until the next xpac
    3) Raid + ZM done by the end of March (maybe mid March)
    4) Xpac normally slated for November

If I were Blizzard, want to keep people playing through November, I'd offer the ability to level up the NEW class with a 6 month purchase of playtime and preorder of xpac. Basically you get people's money for most of the year and lock them into the xpac and let them spend that 6 months playtesting your new class when it doesn't matter.

So my guess is announcement late March, for purchases in April, that carry you through most of the rest of the year and make 2022 great for Blizzard financially.

At least that's my guess.

With Microsoft buying Acti/Blizz, there is another level of urgency for the WoW devs to prove themselves or be pushed out of the plane. At this point they know a big popular expansion is what they need and they need it before the deal with Microsoft finishes. This means they need a really big player return and a big set of profit numbers before summer 2023.

Bobby Kotick will no longer be a part of there decision making since they all know he has no interest in anything but his bag of goblin gold he will drag out with him.

I would say that the WoW devs are going to pile all there coal in the hype train for a series of cinematics and showcasing of every tiny bit of nostalgia and fun looking things they can put on the table. The artists are going to be worked to death at Blizz trying to save all the staff at the different games and which game devs get the most out of them might be the ones with job security.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2022-02-24 at 03:05 AM.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is utterly false. They plan mutliple expansions ahead. In fact they started work on it before Shaodwlands released. Not only do they know what it is, they know what 11.0 is as well.

- - - Updated - - -

They said they want to re envision it.
    wow you cracked the code. big brain man is still oblivious as to what hyperbole is. they should hire you for children's birthday parties you'd make a fortune