Thread: Was that it?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Was that it?

I thought they said they had exciting THINGS to announce this week. Was it literally just a Survival Game with no details? That's what excites people?

Indeed. Was personaly expecting some updates on community council, 9.2 release date and details about some kind of upcoming blizzconline thingy where they announce the expansion. Still waiting but not holding my breath any longer.

So, yeah. Kind of dissapointing.

Next week is game stuff.

This week was telling the world that Alex won't be allowed back in the building.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I saw any statement from Blizzard themselves claiming they had stuff to announce.

We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week.
    Well, what do you make of that? I expected more, honestly.

The statement from the last week sounded "personal". The ad was everything but personal message.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't think I saw any statement from Blizzard themselves claiming they had stuff to announce.
    Even if they did, would it be even rational to just expect it to be the announcement one wants? I understand hoping, but???

Oh but there was:
    "We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week."
    Mike Ybarra

We have some exciting things to announce...

I assumed was more than a possible game with no details. Especially with D4 and OW2 delays.

I think you misinterpreted what he said.

We have exciting things to announce...

and

...I'll be sharing more next week.

Are two different statements and what he said didn't mean they were announcing everything this week.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-01-28 at 08:12 PM.

https://twitter.com/qwik/status/1486...790555650?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    Even if they did, would it be even rational to just expect it to be the announcement one wants? I understand hoping, but???
    now i didnt expect it to be what i wanted, but how the hell is glorified job add "exciting news"? especialy since the statement about exciting news was following the sentance with something about deliver content more regularly...
    they had nothing to show, they only said it will be survival which is extremely wide range, so the game is most likely in VERY early stage, so IF it will be released (bcs it wouldnt be first game to be scraped) it will be take years...

hell, this is like braging about your amazing new house at the point you started to dig foundations...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-28 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    now i didnt expect it to be what i wanted, but how the hell is glorified job add "exciting news"? especialy since the statement about exciting news was following the sentance with something about deliver content more regularly...
    they had nothing to show, they only said it will be survival which is extremely wide range, so the game is most likely in VERY early stage, so IF it will be released (bcs it wouldnt be first game to be scraped) it will be take years...

hell, this is like braging about your amazing new house at the point you started to dig foundations...
    Yeah, it was really more a job posting than a game announcement. Given all the context around the presentation, it's not irrational to have expected something a bit more near to the players of one of their established franchises.

... over the coming weekS ... I saw people talking about the silence after the "Survival Game announcment" but the plural talks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Yeah, it was really more a job posting than a game announcement. Given all the context around the presentation, it's not irrational to have expected something a bit more near to the players of one of their established franchises.
    yeah, my expectations were low and they still managed to crawl under them

Officially, they've announced NOTHING. The new survival game was discovered via a job post on their website. Sooner than later, we can expect more info on the next WOW xpac and greater details about the new game as well as what's in store for the future of other titles.

Pretty sure we will get info about 9.2 that will be coming in April or something.

EDIT:
    Also Blood Knight class for Diablo Immortal.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2022-01-28 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just chillax and wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Officially, they've announced NOTHING. The new survival game was discovered via a job post on their website. Sooner than later, we can expect more info on the next WOW xpac and greater details about the new game as well as what's in store for the future of other titles.
    They made an official announcement about the survival game, although maybe this is what you're referring to. It is more or less an announcement, however, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    That's actually hilarious. So you mean the black temple trailer was all we got this week officially from blizz? That's even better than I thought.

We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week.

Exact quote from article - https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...erything-we-do