Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh, those. I mean, as long as it's not a pain in the ass to get ahold of your set I'm always on board. Going back to tokens (getting the item itself SUCKS for trading in our new PL only world) and having them drop as extra items are massive honestly.

    Though 8 weeks is a long time for non-raiders to get something that will be pretty required.
    You still have a chance to get them from Great Vault, Pee Vee Pee, Mythic+, and Raids
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  2. #22
    8 weeks! So it basically means PvP players should start playing on 8th week or keep losing arena games to raiders with full tier sets. This needs to be addressed or Blizzard will have lots of frustrated PvP players. The issue might force them wait for next expansion or quit the game altogether.

  3. #23
    Not a fan of tokens, but i understand why they exist. Wish there were some better solution.
    it's such a carnival game feel to it. You got your prize ticket, remember to trade it in at the prize booth! Thank you!.

    Having them on a separate loot roll would be enough for me.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluxe View Post
    8 weeks! So it basically means PvP players should start playing on 8th week or keep losing arena games to raiders with full tier sets. This needs to be addressed or Blizzard will have lots of frustrated PvP players. The issue might force them wait for next expansion or quit the game altogether.
    So you do have a shadow account and are sure to never get a set piece option in your vault for 8 straight weeks?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not a fan of tokens, but i understand why they exist. Wish there were some better solution.
    it's such a carnival game feel to it. You got your prize ticket, remember to trade it in at the prize booth! Thank you!.

    Having them on a separate loot roll would be enough for me.
    Tokens work the best in a PL world (or any world really), allows more options for trading so that one shaman in your group doesn't get shafted because no one can trade with them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You still have a chance to get them from Great Vault, Pee Vee Pee, Mythic+, and Raids
    Only the great vault, which is much slower than raiding overall. I'd rather see our M+ and pvp friends getting them just as fast.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tokens work the best in a PL world (or any world really), allows more options for trading so that one shaman in your group doesn't get shafted because no one can trade with them.
    Yeah, I understand why it exist. Doesn't change that I personally just dislike how tokens feel. Each to their own, that's it.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah, I understand why it exist. Doesn't change that I personally just dislike how tokens feel. Each to their own, that's it.
    At least you don't turn them in anymore, unless they backtrack on that advancement.

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    432
    As a PvP only player I’m not too concerned about the 8 week wait. I might tag along with a friends guild for some bosses and maybe do 1 m+ a week for an extra chance of a piece for the vault. Either way I’ll get it eventually and I doubt it will be that much later than a majority of the players I’m facing on the arena ladder.

    I’m mostly concerned the creation catalyst will convert my PvP gear into a lower item level raid drop PvE item that doesn’t scale in PvP. When you consider that the slots that are set items are all the biggest stat budget slot this would be a major disappointment.

    I just hope blizzard realizes this and makes the item add the set bonus to a PvP item rather than convert it to a PvE item.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not a fan of tokens, but i understand why they exist. Wish there were some better solution.
    it's such a carnival game feel to it. You got your prize ticket, remember to trade it in at the prize booth! Thank you!.

    Having them on a separate loot roll would be enough for me.
    I always thought "tokens" as some object you take to a group showing you killed a big bad makes more sense than every boss just possessing a bunch of armor etc.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you do have a shadow account and are sure to never get a set piece option in your vault for 8 straight weeks?
    As others have already mentioned the vault option would be super slow for tier set acquisition and it’s RNG. If I get lucky, I might get 1-2 pieces through vault in 8 weeks, while raiders will have this option alongside much quicker tier set acquisition through raid.

    I think tier set PvP gear should be put on PvP vendors, but with some kind of restriction to gate its acquisition. Maybe require a set amount of conquest earned during the season before you can purchase it. Tokens which would upgrade existing PvP gear would be even a better idea, just like for raiders(but with each subsequent token purchase requiring more conquest earned during the season, and purchasable with honor). It might also be much easier to implement rather than having tier set and non-tier set PvP gear on vendors.
    Last edited by Eluxe; 2022-01-30 at 02:42 AM.

  11. #31
    I saw good review for WoW Shadowlands 9.2 from ExpCarry.

  12. #32
    Why can't they just disable tier bonuses from working in PVP tbh....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •