Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So organization X used to have a single name to sell services and contract out the completion.

Now Org X will just create new guild on each server.

Org X will sell runs under a different guild name on each server.

Org X will then vend out service completion to other guilds.

Org X will still make money

Org X will still spam trade chat.

Also, now instead of a handful of groups selling stuff, you are going to have half the guilds spamming trade chat to sell runs. Yah that will fix the spam problem for sure.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to cut out the middleman... possibly to facilitate this service themselves in the future?

In any case, if you're taking currency for your services in a game.. are you really gaming anymore? It sounds more like you're working a job.

Quote Originally Posted by demonya View Post
    This is a positive change. Still allowing friends boosting each other, but ending "commercial" cross realm boosting.
    Absolutely. It was slowly poisoning the game over the last few expansions (probably since WoD when they were selling "Moose Runs"). It just became worse and worse over time, especially as Blizzard seemed to just ignore it as they raked in hte cash from WoW tokens. The scandal last year may have been the final straw for me, but the rot started years ago with in-game "services" such as there.

It seems that after MS' purchase, the REAL Blizzard are finally shaking off Kotick's influence and turning it back into a game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Maybe it's so high because of boost money
    No it's so high because if the idiotic crafting requirements making you craft a ton of low level ones that nobody buys.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So organization X used to have a single name to sell services and contract out the completion.

Now Org X will just create new guild on each server.

Org X will sell runs under a different guild name on each server.

Org X will then vend out service completion to other guilds.

Org X will still make money

Org X will still spam trade chat.

Also, now instead of a handful of groups selling stuff, you are going to have half the guilds spamming trade chat to sell runs. Yah that will fix the spam problem for sure.
    No, it'll be easy for Blizzard to see if Org X on each realm is ACTUALLY a raiding guild or w/e or just a guild created 1 month ago by a few level 1-10 alts.

Their intent is to ensure that a guild themselves directly advertises on their own realm for boosting, rather than some boosting/escore service that gets buyers in exchange for pie on all realms.

This is a good move.

Thanks Microsoft!

Another good change. though technically this one came first, i read it second.

Look at the devs finally listening and improving the player experience. Good for them! There might yet be hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Trying to cut out the middleman... possibly to facilitate this service themselves in the future?

In any case, if you're taking currency for your services in a game.. are you really gaming anymore? It sounds more like you're working a job.
    It is fun. It is a challenge. And you get rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency."

So basically it's not being removed. Groups will still do this in an organized manner, it will just be much less obvious.
    Like it has been since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logged in tonight. Trade Chat was calm. Peaceful. Another Republican vs Democrat "Debate"

TRADE CHAT. IS. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I understand that life is 100% transactional, be it a currency of emotional, physical, time, etc. This basically forces me to dip into my other currencies outside the dollar, to be able to enjoy the game. I preferred to buy in-game effort and competency, and doing so reduces my time investment in the game to something more manageable, like I could enjoy a Monday evening for a few million of gold and push 20+ keys on my schedule without having to fake pleasantries for an evening, all I had to say is "where am I going, what's the interupt order, mechanical issue, etc" and shut till the next dungeon or on raid night go enjoy a raid without having to deal with the interpersonal squabbles of a guild. It's really a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    No, it'll be easy for Blizzard to see if Org X on each realm is ACTUALLY a raiding guild or w/e or just a guild created 1 month ago by a few level 1-10 alts.

Their intent is to ensure that a guild themselves directly advertises on their own realm for boosting, rather than some boosting/escore service that gets buyers in exchange for pie on all realms.

This is a good move.
    No where in the communication does it say the guild needs to be a "raiding guild" or any specifics really about limitations or clarifications on which guilds qualify.

What about guilds that are selling pvp or m+.

it's a bad move since now:

everyone who wants to sell runs will have to migrate to high population servers to have a population necessary to sell services too. Increasing the migration problems.

2nd instead of a bunch of organized sellers spamming trade, you will now have every individual guild spamming and competing against each other in trade chat.

Before 1 orginization could have a few people posting in trade that would cover 30-40-50-100 guilds on the server needs. Now all 30-100 guilds will have to cover their own sales, communication, advertising, etc etc.

How is that betteR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Logged in tonight. Trade Chat was calm. Peaceful. Another Republican vs Democrat "Debate"

TRADE CHAT. IS. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    just wait till individual guilds ramp up their advertising. its going to be way worse
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I don't know why you and others think WoW is going to go on the gamepass. In most of the world, ESO isn't even on there. Might wow go on the gamepass? yes it's possible, is it a guarantee? Not in the slightest.
    I am sorry but comparing the brand recognition of ESO with WoW is like comparing sunflower seeds to walnuts, one has far more media and marketing sway than the other. That does not mean ESO is bad, on the contrary but it doesn't have the pull like the word Warcraft does, plus you would likely still have to buy expansions even when it goes to gamepass ultimate, this would just be removing a smaller barrier to entry like the $21(CAD) monthly fee they have now, why would they want to keep those communities separate? They won't, this bolsters their gamepass sub numbers instantly, and it pulls all of battle.net into the Microsoft ecosystem. That is the real reason they bought Activision, for the users not the games, this is a userbase acquisition and it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Wow, that's a biggie coming out of nowhere. Wondering if this was planned all along or MS interfered.
    Nice change.
    how would ms interfere when the sale isnt even done yett,or 100% certain to even happen

i swear this take is almost as bad as the ones that blame activision for the devs incompetence

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    The least alt friendly change ever.

Why should I have the pug content with bad players just because my guild doesn't do alt runs? Legit boosting communities were nothing but convenience, just turn off trade you brain-dead turds.
    this isnt banning boosting,its banning comunities,your local ''friendly and ethical'' guild will still be able to boost,blizz would never kill off guilds nr 1 way of making gold

Hot Take: Microsoft buying Activision-Blizzard was about acquiring the userbase not just the Intellectual property, that was just a huge bonus.

If you think about it from a strategic standpoint, they more than doubled their userbase. They will merge battle.net with GamePass and have one of the worlds largest online ecosystems. This was a very big play on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how would ms interfere when the sale isnt even done yett,or 100% certain to even happen

i swear this take is almost as bad as the ones that blame activision for the devs incompetence
    I mean you can obviously expect that some people from MS and Blizzard were sitting in a room and discussing future expectation of their IPs, and when talking about wow someone from MS might have suggestest that they get rid of that trade spam just because they don't want to look like you could monetize the game, or just is player himself and wanted to get rid of it.
    And Blizzard themselves were probably constantly discussing how to deal with it, and the suggestion of a very likely future boss just tipped the balance. It's not like you need some kind of tinfoil hat here.

This is so funny. In the beginning the trade chat was completely dead… Now some people actually start conversations. Waiting for the first china goldseller to come back announcing his „service“.
    Feels like the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Lol what a take. Booster communities are going to multiply magically and spread like a virus to each server you say?

Well ok.

(Hint: their members are finite)
    No, booster communities are going to just create guilds on the server. Nothing says they need to either be a good raiding guild, an actual raiding guild, or even the guild that in the end does the sales run.

So tell me what will the hundreds of guilds do now? Just give up that revenue stream? Or are they all going to try to take it on individually increasing the # of people spamming trade chat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    It can't get any worse than it was. It is impossible to be any worse than 50 bots spamming ads few times per minute each, resulting in 2-3 ads per second.

Even worst case scenario is better than shit that boost communities put realms through.
    How so? Take 5 main booster groups was the vast majority of spam. It was easy to filter and they consolidated the advertising.

Now take 100 guilds on a server all advertising separately. All fighting for the same sales.

Buyers will make out because of increased competition.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Blizzard with all the shape ups. They have my attention now. But I want to see a little more before I even throw Blizzard some of my money again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got me scared there a bit.
    Fortunately I pay for my boosts with real money, so no damage done there.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Lol what a take. Booster communities are going to multiply magically and spread like a virus to each server you say?

Well ok.

(Hint: their members are finite)
    Lol. Booster communities already have guilds established on the majority of battlegroups. I'm not sure where you have been for the last 15 years or so, but you can't trade gold cross-group. They don't need to "multiply magically and spread like a virus". They are already established.