Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Overwatch 2 will have at most 3 or 4 new heroes. There's no way Blizzard is on track to delivery any more than that.

Don't most 'character' games like fighting games, mobas, rts' (factions) etc sequals usually just add a few and just tweak the existing ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Don't most 'character' games like fighting games, mobas, rts' (factions) etc sequals usually just add a few and just tweak the existing ones?
    I wouldnt call it a tweak so much as an entire reconstruction from the ground up.

If theyre the same system, animations, moves, damage, wnd mechanics...... They can afford to add 21 new heroes.

They wont.

But they could.

They made it a full game to charge more. They had the opportunity to make it just an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    So what you are saying, they made the cinematic and all as a joke of some sorts? Never existed? Are you high or dumb?
    Anthem showed a trailer and cinematic before the game was created...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    They made it a full game to charge more. They had the opportunity to make it just an expansion.
    They could have charged full price for an expansion though. Theyve gotten extremely brazen about that stuff.

Compare the original Burning Crusade Collector's Edition: $79.99 on release, cool box, mousepad, hardcover art book, ingame pet, trading card deck, soundtrack CD, exclusive behind the scenes DVD, and, yknow, actual access to the Burning Crusade Expansion.

....to the Burning Crusade Classic Deluxe Edition: A level boost, and ingame toy and mount, in a game that is already included in your retail WoW sub...... For $69.99. What the fuck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They could have charged full price for an expansion though. Theyve gotten extremely brazen about that stuff.

Compare the original Burning Crusade Collector's Edition: $79.99 on release, cool box, mousepad, hardcover art book, ingame pet, trading card deck, soundtrack CD, exclusive behind the scenes DVD, and, yknow, actual access to the Burning Crusade Expansion.

....to the Burning Crusade Classic Deluxe Edition: A level boost, and ingame toy and mount, in a game that is already included in your retail WoW sub...... For $69.99. What the fuck happened?
    hmm you are right, but I wonder why divide the community? maybe because a lot people might not be interested in buying a story/PVE patch...

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    hmm you are right, but I wonder why divide the community? maybe because a lot people might not be interested in buying a story/PVE patch...
    What's dividing about it? The games are cross-compatible. It literally is an expansion, marketed as a full game for seemingly no reason.

Since owners of OW1 will get access to new heroes, maps and MP modes anyway it doesn't look like buying OW2 adds a lot of value. It all depends on how good the PvE/Story side of it is. I'm invested enough to see for myself, but anyone who doesn't care doesn't have to pay a dime.

I just hope they won't introduce a battlepass.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This thing is basically an expansion pack, not a full-blown new game. I'm not sure why they're pushing the "2" so hard, but everyone who follows anything Overwatch related can tell this is a sham.

But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and include a lot more than they said they would? I doubt it, but maybe it'll happen...

15+ Year Old Account
    Balancing?

OW wasnt meant to be competative when launched. It turned out to be pretty okey at being just that.
    Why fuck it up. There is a reason it becomes 5-man teams. Balancing.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Its not even an expansion pack. Instead of releasing free regular content over the years, they just delayed it all and plan to release said content all at once in one large bundle, but now with a price tag. It's basically a scummy business practice I sure as hell won't be taking part in. And that's even without all of Blizzard's sexual harassment lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Overwatch released with 21 heroes.

Why is Overwatch 2 releasing with the same heroes as OW1? Feels like a major patch, not a sequel.
    They really sh/could have cleared up this confusion with Overwatch 2.0 instead of Overwatch 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.