Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Advertising Boosts Cross-Realm No Longer Allowed

Advertising Boosts Cross-Realm No Longer Allowed
    In addition to the Policy Update for Organized In-Game Services, Blizzard has confirmed that advertising cross-realm and advertising done by non-participating players is no longer allowed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    if a guild wishes to partake in cross realm boosting, if a guild had advertisers spamming on and cross realm for their guild sales, that would be fine?

That would not be fine.

To provide more clarity for those who have been wondering where the lines are drawn in this new policy, we’d like to summarize that part of it.

Advertising for gameplay activities should be done by a WoW player-character who intends to participate in the gameplay activities. This means there should be no cross-realm advertising, and there should be no advertising from non-participating players.

And as before, the only place that advertising a “for gold” activity is allowed is the Trade channel. Advertising in any other chat channel or the Group Finder makes the player subject to actions against their account.

So basically, you can advertise. But your advertising ass better be in the raid you're recruiting for and your ads better be in the local trade channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Oh this is gon be good.
    I'll bring the popcorn.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Yeah, that "clarification" is pretty stupid.

If they actually enforced it, it would shut down a lot of raid recruitment advertising as well. I know I've certainly done it on characters I had no intention of raiding on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    So basically, you can advertise. But your advertising ass better be in the raid you're recruiting for and your ads better be in the local trade channel.
    This. If my level 60 druid wants to advertise that my guild has slots open where you can come along with my guild on these times and nights and get your AotC and I'm gonna be there doing it with my guild that's fine. If I make some level 1 character on another account to avoid possibly getting banned to do the advertising, that's not ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

If they actually enforced it, it would shut down a lot of raid recruitment advertising as well. I know I've certainly done it on characters I had no intention of raiding on.
    I think it's less "you have to advertise on a character you're gonna raid on" and more "you can't advertise on level 1s on a trash account you don't care about."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account

It specifies "for gold" activities so unless you plan on charging people gold to join your raid I don't think it is quite the same as what they are trying to combat with this. That said, if you're making a bunch of level 1 throw away characters to spam the chats of various realms you don't actually play on, for any reason whatsoever, probably just don't do that anymore. No one likes spam, especially off-realm spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I thought this was obvious since the community ban???
    Yeah that person having to ask "it's okay for me to spam advertisements on other realms for our guild sales, right?" was a bit weird, since obviously: 1, no, you aren't supposed to be spamming chats in general and 2, they literally just said you aren't allow to go to other realms to push your sales. What wasn't sinking in about that?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

So if I get this correctly, no more level 1 spamming for boosts, unless they do the boost on their mains, right ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2022-02-04 at 01:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

imagine literally not knowing the difference between raid recruitment and boost runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Bye bye small realms!

They are making it rather transparent that this is to force people to completely leave dead realms can't even get boosts there anymore.

So... how do the last few CE guilds on small/mediocre sized servers pay for their raid consumables now?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    So... how do the last few CE guilds on small/mediocre sized servers pay for their raid consumables now?
    By farming mats like most normal people do it?

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    You know you can still do all of this outside the game through a broker? They get the clients and take a share of the gold... it's just that you can't advertise it on other realms.

Let's be real, when were these small guilds advertising on cross-realms anyway? Top guilds already have no issues getting people.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Nice! An amazing change. A fantastic change! Absolutely wonderful.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it will actually be enforced.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing one or more of the following will happen:

1. The CE guilds on smaller servers will effectively have a monopoly on boosting on their server, thus having a sizable amount of gold and largely controlling prices by extension.
    2. Prices of consumables will go down due to a smaller amount of gold circulating on the server. Even with a smaller supply of items due to lack of people farming, prices will naturally go down due to the smaller overall gold pool.
    3. They just farm the materials themselves during off-hours and fill the gaps with their gold they've hoarded over time.
    4. They say "screw it" and transfer to larger servers with larger boosting markets.

In any case, I don't think it will be the end-of-the-world scenario that some people make it out to be.Basic economics are still valid in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

as its been said, this only applies to people advertising "we'll do stuff for Gold"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You seem really confused. They are not saying NO communication can occur cross realm, they are saying advertising a service for SALE cross realm is not acceptable. Are you saying you charge for people to come to your raid? If so you are not recruiting at all, you are selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.