Thread: EoA 10.0 LEAK

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Echoes of Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not really, my way has the HQ in the broken isles, but Illidari embassies/bases all over EK and Kalimdor - so why won't my way work even better in a EK/Kalim revamp? It's got more relevance too.
    Because we're not focusing on the Broken Isles.

Their HQ is Mardum, whilst the Blood Elves and Nightborne keep the Eastern Kingdoms secure, the Night Elves and Void Elves keep Kalimdor secure.

I'm not saying we won't get this - but we won't get it in 1 expansion. It will be over the course of the future expansions. I'd love to see Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei Demon Hunters in Netherstorm, but it isn't likely to happen right now. Maybe (hopefully) in the future, but not in the next expansion.
    For now, the Illidari could set themselves up on the borders of Sin'dorei and kaldorei land and then as we move forward, they establish themselves further on the main continents and then we get to Outland and the Broken Isles.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-04-19 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    Bro just stop, dh is night elf and blood elf
    There was at least 1 Eredar/Draenei DH you kill on Argus in Legion. It was a rare or something, I remember killing it a few times.

This is one of those cases where, just because they didnt learn to DH at illidan's hogwarts, doesn't mean due to game mechanics a similar class wouldn't just be called DH.

Kinda how Belf Paladins, and Tauren Paladins didn't learn how to paladin from the Silver hand, but they are mechanically paladins, instead of Blood Knights, and Sunwalkers.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

[QUOTE=Tanaria;53715688]Because we're not focusing on the Broken Isles.

Their HQ is Mardum, whilst the Blood Elves and Nightborne keep the Eastern Kingdoms secure, the Night Elves and Void Elves keep Kalimdor secure. [/uoqte]That makes no sense. Does having their HQ in the broken isles mean we are focusing there? No.

It's like saying the Legion class hall for monks in Pandara as their HQ will not happen because the expansion is focused in the broken isles. Having their HQ in the broken isles makes sense for what it is.. doen't matter where the expansion is focused. They will have representation int he focused areas. Besides, it's not even as if it's going to be aobut demon hunters. The HQ could be on MArdum - it won't matter.

It's just that it makes more sense to be in a fel focused or contaimnated zone and then have them have other bases elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I'm not saying we won't get this - but we won't get it in 1 expansion. It will be over the course of the future expansions. I'd love to see Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei Demon Hunters in Netherstorm, but it isn't likely to happen right now. Maybe (hopefully) in the future, but not in the next expansion.
    Why the Netherstorm in particular? Do you have hopes for a really good revamp there or more story focus there? I guess it has potential for sure.

Why the Netherstorm in particular? Do you have hopes for a really good revamp there or more story focus there? I guess it has potential for sure.
    You said that's one location where they could set up on Outland?

Ideally, they set up there and the Night Elves and Void Elves set up in Shadowmoon. But again, not what I'm expecting to see in the next 14 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes no sense. Does having their HQ in the broken isles mean we are focusing there? No.

It's like saying the Legion class hall for monks in Pandara as their HQ will not happen because the expansion is focused in the broken isles. Having their HQ in the broken isles makes sense for what it is.. doen't matter where the expansion is focused. They will have representation int he focused areas. Besides, it's not even as if it's going to be aobut demon hunters. The HQ could be on MArdum - it won't matter.

It's just that it makes more sense to be in a fel focused or contaimnated zone and then have them have other bases elsewhere.
    So do we want Illidari back in the story or not? I'd like them, but it's got to be realistic with what is most likely. The Broken Isles, just isn't likely to get a revamp at only 6 years old. Probably in the next decade to be honest. If it is, then I'd be glad. If I hear Silvermoon is going Alliance, but Azsuna will be the Blood Elf homeland and new introduction for Blood Elf characters then I'd be alright with that...I'm just not expecting the Broken Isles to be relevant again until...much later..

Let's go with what is most likely now and then we can see where it takes us for the future.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-04-19 at 03:38 PM.

You said that's one location where they could set up on Outland?

Ideally, they set up there and the Night Elves and Void Elves set up in Shadowmoon. But again, not what I'm expecting to see in the next 14 minutes.
    That makes sense. Although Netherstorm has a much stronger vibe for void elves to be fair.

I'd split them up so both faction elves are in both locations, but not ship it as a faction thing. You have blood elves and void elves in Netherstorm - makes sense. Night elves and Nightborne in Shadowmoon. As Illidari they will be working together, and those races seem to fit better there.

So do we want Illidari back in the story or not? I'd like them, but it's got to be realistic with what is most likely. The Broken Isles, just isn't likely to get a revamp at only 6 years old. Probably in the next decade to be honest. If it is, then I'd be glad. If I hear Silvermoon is going Alliance, but Azsuna will be the Blood Elf homeland and new introduction for Blood Elf characters then I'd be alright with that...I'm just not expecting the Broken Isles to be relevant again until...much later..

Let's go with what is most likely now and then we can see where it takes us for the future.
    Yes ofc I'd like them back more. They have a lot of potential. But I don't htink having their base in the Broken isles is any rel hinderance, i'ts jsut their base you travel you. They don't need to have the zone fully revamped, you just have the ship there or the ship in Mardum, with the min portal to a small town or base in the broken isles, from there they travel to do their business in Azeroth.

THis is because it makes moresense tehmatically for them..rather than force their main base into an area just because it is getting revamped. WE all agree when they did that with Ashran, it wasn't good, people much prferred the originally planned horde and alliance bases in WoD before teh change. Suramar would have made a good neutral city that you would have moved from Dalrana to it in 7.2 .. sobut as DHs won't be the centre of a new expansion, that hardly matters, their HQ could be on another world

That makes sense. Although Netherstorm has a much stronger vibe for void elves to be fair.

I'd split them up so both faction elves are in both locations, but not ship it as a faction thing. You have blood elves and void elves in Netherstorm - makes sense. Night elves and Nightborne in Shadowmoon. As Illidari they will be working together, and those races seem to fit better there.
    Personal preference, but I prefer Blood Elves and Nightborne to be together. The links drawn between Keal'thas' folly and Elisande's folly could bring some interesting lore.
    The high volumes of Arcane is something that is food and drink for the Nightborne.

Or, they just fully mix between the two zones.
    All Elven Demon Hunters are in both Shadowmoon and Netherstorm. That works, as well.

If the Outland is revamped at some point in the future and Blizzard wanted a "Horde" zone and "Alliance" zone, then between the two, I'd say Shadowmoon for Alliance (Night Elf and Void Elf Demon Hunters) and Netherstorm for Horde (Blood Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters.)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes ofc I'd like them back more. They have a lot of potential. But I don't htink having their base in the Broken isles is any rel hinderance, i'ts jsut their base you travel you. They don't need to have the zone fully revamped, you just have the ship there or the ship in Mardum, with the min portal to a small town or base in the broken isles, from there they travel to do their business in Azeroth.

THis is because it makes moresense tehmatically for them..rather than force their main base into an area just because it is getting revamped. WE all agree when they did that with Ashran, it wasn't good, people much prferred the originally planned horde and alliance bases in WoD before teh change. Suramar would have made a good neutral city that you would have moved from Dalrana to it in 7.2 .. sobut as DHs won't be the centre of a new expansion, that hardly matters, their HQ could be on another world
    But that's going back to class fantasy and not so much about the races.

I'm focused on the races and where the Demon Hunter class could take all 4 elves. We've got to be realistic and practical and everywhere you mentioned can work. But the realistic side is that it won't happen in 1 expansion.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-04-19 at 03:54 PM.

Personal preference, but I prefer Blood Elves and Nightborne to be together.

The high volumes of Arcane is something that is food and drink for the Nightborne.

Void Elves and Night Elves can be in Shadowmoon Valley as the "Alliance zone."
    But the Netherstorm is all about the void - it's the twisting nether - and it's the biggest void centric zone in the Outland's too, having the void elves missing there because of the nightborne...

Shadowmoon valley on the other hand has all the night elf related lore with Illidan, the Illidari base, the naga there too, the broken, ofc the shadow moon itself it really fits the nocturnal (or night) elven races more.. os if you were to split htem up they'd be there.

I don't see why nightborne need to be joined at the hip with blood elves all the time.. not that I'm trying to separate them at all, it's just that the Netherestorm is more a void and arcane thing - which is basically the void elves everything..

I can also argue that the fel concentration is more of interest to the night elf and nightborne - given the felborne lore - so it makes sense there.

But the Netherstorm is all about the void - it's the twisting nether - and it's the biggest void centric zone in the Outland's too, having the void elves missing there because of the nightborne...

Shadowmoon valley on the other hand has all the night elf related lore with Illidan, the Illidari base, the naga there too, the broken, ofc the shadow moon itself it really fits the nocturnal (or night) elven races more.. os if you were to split htem up they'd be there.

I don't see why nightborne need to be joined at the hip with blood elves all the time.. not that I'm trying to separate them at all, it's just that the Netherestorm is more a void and arcane thing - which is basically the void elves everything..

I can also argue that the fel concentration is more of interest to the night elf and nightborne - given the felborne lore - so it makes sense there.
    And arguably, the fel thing could also be a Blood Elf thing with the felblood lore as well. Also considering that Blood Elves were the first playable Elves who could be Warlocks. They had both "fel" classes open to them, first.

At the end of the day, both zones actually work for all 4 races. So maybe instead of arguing who should be where, all 4 should be between the two zones, serving as the Ambassadors.
    We're already settling the respective Horde and Alliance Illidari in their revamped EK and Kalimdor zones. (Not saying this is what will happen.)

- - - Updated - - -

Well buddy - we were both wrong.
    Still - Blood Elves are going to serve as the main Horde force at the start with the Reliquary whilst the Alliance has the Explorer's League (primarily Dwarves.)