10+ Year Old Account

Can you do something about the "leaks"

I don't even know how to say it, but the forum practically turned into garbage.

It does not even matter that you ban the 1-2 post trolls that spam this shit, what does it help if the thread stays up, even locked (if that). It only encourages more spam.

Suggestion: create "leaks" megathread or even sub-section and consolidate all the spam there, then instant delete/move all threads posted outside it.

Just look at this:

Come... on... This is simply a pigsty.

Yeah it's honestly getting tiresome. It should all be considered spam and closed immediately.

My suggestion ist bookmark all of these threads and once we know what the real leak was (hint: none of these) the main accounts behind them are banned for a year.

I'm so sick of this uninspired bland fanfiction. I mean it's okay to speculate, but don't lie about it being genuine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yeah it's honestly getting tiresome. It should all be considered spam and closed immediately.
    I'd go further, these threads should be deleted, because it seems these trolls just get off simply having this thread up, even locked, for their fav streamer to BS about or some such.

Delete them, so no trace remains.

I dunno, maybe its own sub forum cause I really enjoy them. Its like a seasonal thing, I visit mmochamp to see all the leak threads. I can see it cluttering up the main forums though and that being annoying. But I wouldn't enjoy them being removed entirely.
    s(^.^)-b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't even know how to say it, but the forum practically turned into garbage.

It does not even matter that you ban the 1-2 post trolls that spam this shit, what does it help if the thread stays up, even locked (if that). It only encourages more spam.

Suggestion: create "leaks" megathread or even sub-section and consolidate all the spam there, then instant delete/move all threads posted outside it.

Just look at this:

Come... on... This is simply a pigsty.
    We're getting to the amount of "leaks" that they might as well open early for 10.0 discussion subforum, for else we'll get flooded. Or, at least close the obvious ones, I am sure some of them are - I've stopped clicking them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I personally like reading the fake leaks and the dreaming. They've been the only entertaining threads in the general discussion forum since the BFA days.

Well no insignificant amount of attention craving people saw the coverage that 10.0 leak got when it blew up on Youtube now those people are writing fanfiction in hopes that theirs get a similar treatment too. It has gotten annoying pretty fast though yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCheeseMan View Post
    I dunno, maybe its own sub forum cause I really enjoy them. Its like a seasonal thing, I visit mmochamp to see all the leak threads. I can see it cluttering up the main forums though and that being annoying. But I wouldn't enjoy them being removed entirely.
    Yeah, I agree. They're pretty enjoyable to read (as long as you treat them as is) and I don't think removing them entirely is a good idea (especially because there's also the type of people who think that confirms they're real, similar to the people who think OP getting banned is also confirmation of it being real, while it's really not). A sub forum could work, but then again it's only like this when a new expansion is on the horizon, so not sure it's worth doing that either.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-02-06 at 10:14 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Most of these information are probably fake.

I kinda like them.
    What else is there to discuss in this two-patch expansion?

i would prefer them deleted but being moved to their own pigsty subsection might be the least overbearing solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I kinda like them.
    What else is there to discuss in this two-patch expansion?
    Talking about TBC? Having the first patch be stuff they couldn't get out in time for launch, a voice chat patch, one legit patch, then rushing to cook up another raid cause people blew through the stuff that should've been at launch too fast?

See how easy it is to twist anything into something negative when you have an agenda to push?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Speculating and having wish-lists is fine, but this "leak" bullshit is just spam. Either have a megathread for all of it, or just ban and delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    People like discussing and speculating, that's why these threads stay on the front page. If people didn't respond to them, without attention there would be much less motivation for people to create them. We don't delete leak threads because we're not in a position to say what is legitimate and what isn't. We have had legitimate leak threads for every single expansion although, yeah, they often get lost in the drek. But we're a fansite and a news site and it's not in anyone's best interest to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Personally, I don't love the volume of them either and find it a bit annoying when it takes up the entire first page index of WoW Gen. And it isn't a topic that interests me to begin with, so these are not discussions I personally participate in. However, I think the community has shown they have a great interest in these time and time again. It would be nice if people realised they are doing a disservice by flooding the forums so much that legitimate leaks get missed and took initiative to label their theorising as such, but it is what it is.

If nothing else, the "leak" season is short. This happens every year and every year it turns back to normal once a reveal has happened.

We do ban and will continue to ban those throwaway and secondary accounts that people create just to post these threads, and we will close the obviously joke/parody/trollish threads.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |