Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Warcraft Mobile Game

https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-wa...jdnU3A4Gjn3dKp

So it is confirmed now. What kind of a game will it be? Will it be rts, rpg, base building . let us start speculation.

I believe they may do something like command and conquer did. Like two opposite sides building units and trying to capture little points on map and move forward.

I don't know what Blizzard is thinking. Warcraft's audience is PC gamers, not mobile players. And mobile players probably don't know what Warcraft is.

Blizzard made Hearthstone, but that was aimed at the TCG audience and used Warcraft lore to quickly fill a lot of cards without having to create a brand new universe from scratch. I guess Blizzard could do the same thing... by... what? Drawing from Warcraft to create lots of monsters for a mobile pet battle game or something?

The biggest joke is Blizzard releasing a Warcraft mobile game when the franchise is already dying and has no future. They're many years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    The biggest joke is Blizzard releasing a Warcraft mobile game when the franchise is already dying and has no future. They're many years too late.
    If Blizzard actually released more singleplayer Warcraft games on PC and consoles, the IP would still be relevant today to young up and coming gamers. That's what the franchise needs. Not a mobile spinoff nobody will remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Warcraft's audience is PC gamers, not mobile players.
    IP's do most of the legwork in bringing players into mobile games, it's why there was that X-Com mobile game a while back that all the core fans trashed. There was a great thread from a developer on it and how important IP's are in attracting mobile audiences, because cost per-user is going up to try to bring folks to your game and leveraging a known/popular IP can help immensely with that.

Also, Diablo: Immortal.

Mobile remains a massive market with high profit margins given the reduced cost of development/support compared to AAA PC/console games.

Blizzard, or Activision, are thinking they want more of that mobile market money because Blizzard's IP's are absolutely not exploiting that market in any meaningful way.

Blizzard has become such a boring company that I don't even care anymore

As long as they don't go full Konami with this development I don't mind it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I could see them doing a clash of clans type game.

They're many years too late.

If by any standards of being late to the game, probably some form of Autochess.

I don't know what Blizzard is thinking. Warcraft's audience is PC gamers, not mobile players. And mobile players probably don't know what Warcraft is.

Blizzard made Hearthstone, but that was aimed at the TCG audience and used Warcraft lore to quickly fill a lot of cards without having to create a brand new universe from scratch. I guess Blizzard could do the same thing... by... what? Drawing from Warcraft to create lots of monsters for a mobile pet battle game or something?
    What they are thinking, wild quess, they see a market where they can earn alot of money.

10+ Year Old Account

A quick look at data like this will give more than enough reason to expand into the mobile universe:

https://venturebeat.com/2021/12/22/n...e-2021-market/
    PC gaming did 36 billion over 2021, mobile gaming did 93 billion - 3 times as much.

You should realize that Blizzard (or any other company) is not making 'Warcraft for people who like Warcraft', they make a product for consumers to gain money. The mobile market surpasses PC gaming by great lengths, surely they want a piece of the pie from that market.

What makes mobile gaming even more profitable is that you don't need a 500 man studio to create mobile games.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I would assume that Hearthstone is the Warcraft mobile game Blizzard would be pushing. Though an updated Warcraft 2 for mobile could be kinda fun. Maybe something along the lines of Clash Of Clans or that one mobile zombie game with base building. Something with the IP out of the card game space.

I guess they can do a 'hero'/'character' game along the lines of Raid: Shadow Legends or Galaxy of Heroes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-wa...jdnU3A4Gjn3dKp

So it is confirmed now. What kind of a game will it be? Will it be rts, rpg, base building . let us start speculation.

I believe they may do something like command and conquer did. Like two opposite sides building units and trying to capture little points on map and move forward.
    What kind of game will it be? Outside of raiding and dungeons WoW is pretty much a mobile game already. Thats what it will be.

They should take inspiration from their WC3 custom maps and turn more of them into mobile games. Tower defences are still popular and could still be hugely succesful if they make it fun and accesible like Hearthstone when it first launched. They can make a tower defence with the Warcraft IP and maybe add gimmicks like choosing a hero that will help out killing units and buff your towers. Other maps I'd like to see is something like Castle Fight and Survival Chaos where you manage your base and send units at your opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They should take inspiration from their WC3 custom maps and turn more of them into mobile games.
    Real talk, this is a massive reservoir of untapped potential. Just look at freak DOTA.

Gimme a version of Enfo's (which is basically Legion TD 2) on my phone and I'll play the shit outta it.

I doubt I'll play it but I am interested to see what it will end up being. I believe there's more than one mobile title in the WarCraft franchise planned.

Blizzard doesn't really innovate anymore so I think people are right in assuming its probably a mobile strategy game intended to copy what's already out there. It would be surprised if it doesn't have integration tied with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    They should take inspiration from their WC3 custom maps and turn more of them into mobile games. Tower defences are still popular and could still be hugely succesful if they make it fun and accesible like Hearthstone when it first launched. They can make a tower defence with the Warcraft IP and maybe add gimmicks like choosing a hero that will help out killing units and buff your towers. Other maps I'd like to see is something like Castle Fight and Survival Chaos where you manage your base and send units at your opponents.
    I wish 3 corridors map became famous instead of dota. It gave a huge sense of an army attacking huge fortress with you instead of lone man of dota.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll try to do something similar to that Command and Conquer mobile game? Not sure how successful that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    I wish 3 corridors map became famous instead of dota. It gave a huge sense of an army attacking huge fortress with you instead of lone man of dota.
    Yo, you ever play Eve of the Apocalypse maps (EOTA)? Basically DOTA...but with a map like 3-4x the overall size (and IIRC it had one more lane). More resources to manage, viable strategies in boosting your minions/defenses instead of your hero to win and a ton of other shit. It was like DOTA but with less emphasis on purely player builds and more on overall strategy.

I'm still sad nobody has taken that idea and ran with it.