Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
LastLast
  1. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Other than metal bikini Alexa, other dragons are old,boring boomers, don't do that, don't go there; and if anything goes south they go INSANE from their own powers....shit is made on powers of keepers? or some random dude? sure cheap af.
    Dragons were born between 1946 to 1964?

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think it is just a case of genetics. In the Well of Eternity book it said only half of all eggs ever hatched. Night of the Dragon has Sinestra state that the different flights could interbreed but choose not to. Beyond that I don't think it is ever stated. Since the Aspects were empowered to prevent the Hour of Twilight maybe the magic kept the ability to reproduce so they wouldn't naturally die out.

    Or maybe the Titan's didn't want a new power to rise when they no longer had a purpose and built in a "kill switch". It could be refreshing to have the Titans be a threat in this expansion. Sooner or later we will have to face them if Azeroth is ever to hatch. I've considered a theory that maybe Azeroth is actually a First One and the Titans lied about it being a baby Titan so they can be the ones to control it.
    Half is still a pretty good number considering how many eggs they can lay plus how long they can live. I want to believe it's the titans interfering that led to infertility because storm drakes, proto drakes, and even nether drakes all have their fertility iirc and the common factor is that the titans didn't juice them up. Maybe them finding out that there was a built-in fail safe to sterilize them would be another light to paint the titans as villains, I really do like that idea.


    Did Nelfarian experiment with breeding different flights? My first thought is chromatus but part of me believes that was just magically stitched together akin to frankenstein's monster vs selective breeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard has added dragons for the different cosmic forces over the years. A few are missing but it is hardly fair to say "Dragons"= "Not new weird stuff". Not to mention Dragons are modified by Aliens to protect the planet from cosmic threats until the alien baby hatches. The most powerful of the Dragons lost their power when defeating one of their brethren that got corrupted by aliens that were imprisoned by the aliens that empowered the Dragons.

    So no weird stuff.
    That's a different kind of weird though, it's just a unique spin on dragons. and they are still dragons and classic fantasy regardless of actual lore. It's like how the orc lore is weird but they are still orcs and people who casually know the game or see it don't go past that and just see warcraft orcs the same way as tolkien orcs. It's the same thing with a lot of the races... Trolls, Elves, Dwarfs... The trolls are jamaican but still cool and are still trolls.
    Zereth Mortis has robots and first ones uterworldly" that doesn't resemble any classic fantasies, yeah that's cool and all but it's not my kind of fantasy & warcraft. So yes, I would prefer the "weird" Dragons at this point.

  4. #824
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,911
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    classic fantasy regardless of actual lore.
    Well if you boil it down like that then all the "Weird cosmic stuff" is just good guys vs bad guys, right? That is part of the problem here. People create arbitrary rules for why X is good and Y is bad when WoW has always been a mix of weird cosmic stuff and boring basic adventuring. Robots have been a part of Warcraft lore since the Vanilla. They have been expanded over the years with WotLK having the first large presence with mechagnomes. So the First Ones tech isn't even a blip on the radar when you consider Titans built machines and stuff all over. We even had Oil Rigs in the early strategy games and steam punk style of technology.

    Your fantasy & Warcraft has never been what WoW actually was so it is weird to say it should go back to something it never was.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-18 at 08:55 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Well if you boil it down like that then all the "Weird cosmic stuff" is just good guys vs bad guys, right? That is part of the problem here. People create arbitrary rules for why X is good and Y is bad when WoW has always been a mix of weird cosmic stuff and boring basic adventuring. Robots have been a part of Warcraft lore since the Vanilla. They have been expanded over the years with WotLK having the first large presence with mechagnomes. So the First Ones tech isn't even a blip on the radar when you consider Titans built machines and stuff all over. We even had Oil Rigs in the early strategy games and steam punk style of technology.

    Your fantasy & Warcraft has never been what WoW actually was so it is weird to say it should go back to something it never was.
    You're missing the point, now it's another boring argument we'eve seen a million times. making it seem like I think having those things in Warcraft is bad. No, I just prefer the more grounded fantasy like we had in Vanilla. That's why I can level in the zones still to this day. Even the Cata versions. And the BFA zones are probably my favourite aesthetically since. It's also why I play Alliance.
    I prefer the aestetic of dragons, elwynn, dun morogh etc more than vampires, zombies, space and robots. and whatever Oribos is.

    It was a comment to someone not understanding why people are interested in having more dragons in WoW.

    To say the stuff in 9.2 is on the same level as dragons, oil rigs in stv or Mechagon is mad and just being contrarion for the sake of arguement
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2022-04-18 at 09:03 PM.

  6. #826
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,911
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    You're missing the point, now it's another boring argument we'eve seen a million times. making it seem like I think having those things in Warcraft is bad. No, I just prefer the more grounded fantasy like we had in Vanilla.
    So we can't have those things because it isn't Warcraft & Fantasy but they are still somehow good to have in the game? I'm not missing the point at all. It doesn't make sense in the context of people not interested in having Dragons because Dragons themselves don't match what you've explained for the reasons. Like I said they were empowered by Cosmic Beings in order to stop other Cosmic Beings and have been modified by various cosmic forces through out the years (Twilight, Undead, etc).

    9.2 being advanced technology is on the same level as any other technology in the game because it goes against basic fantasy that you are trying to invoke, right? It isn't being contrarian for the sake of argument but directly refuting your point about what kinda of Fantasy WoW has had in the past.

    Smaller scale adventures? Perfectly fine. Just don't try to claim it is because you don't want high-tech, robots, aliens, or cosmic threats since that stuff has always been present to one degree or another. As I said Dragons as we know them are a directly result of Aliens and Cosmic threats. Ignoring the lore to make it into your idea of what it was is silly.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-18 at 10:28 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think banning a class or spec in ranked PVP would run well like at all.




    Only thing I believe is the name at this point.
    RIP Paladins. I guess they will never be able to play a ranked match again. Kappa

  8. #828
    I hope this leak is the real one, sounds much better than the other one.

  9. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I hope this leak is the real one, sounds much better than the other one.
    Agreed. Thankfully there's less than two hours before the stream, so we'll find out soon!

  10. #830
    So, it's definitely Dragonflight at this point, here's to hoping it's a killer xpac.

  11. #831
    I for one hope they dont cover the female dragons tummies, but you know they will

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    I for one hope they dont cover the female dragons tummies, but you know they will
    I think it was Chris Metzen's daughter that asked him why they are in bikinis and he said "I.... I don't know...." and it ended up really bothering him

  13. #833
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,911
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So, it's definitely Dragonflight at this point, here's to hoping it's a killer xpac.
    It is still possible Blizzard used it as a codename for a dragon themed expansion but yeah it is 99.9% Dragonflight.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is still possible Blizzard used it as a codename for a dragon themed expansion but yeah it is 99.9% Dragonflight.
    Considering they have DNS records for dragonflight.blizzard.com, coupled with the javascript, coupled with the SSL certificates, it's unlikely to just be a codename.
    Last edited by alturic; 2022-04-19 at 02:43 PM.

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Are Bad Mkay View Post
    It's impossible it's not real at this point. This predates 9.2 coming out. Since then, 9.2.5 has come onto the PTR. The things it got right so far are;

    The name World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
    Dalaran update.
    Lordaeron focus.
    New quests in the Blood Elf lands have the zone in which the quest takes place called Quel'thalas, not Eversong Forest or the Ghostlands but both as one zone merged.
    Dark Ranger stuff.

    It's pure copium at this point to say it's fake.
    Also it's funny how people are torn saying it's either far too much content (even though this is WAY LESS than TBC gave us) or far too little content, too mundane for Blizzard or too out there. No one can decide, they just know they don't like it.
    I bet you feel really stupid now.

  16. #836
    Shame, i liked this much much more.

  17. #837
    This expansion looks like a home run.

    New class new race new talents new professions new everything let’s go.

  18. #838
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,911
    Tyr being the "honored titan" of the place really missed out on a Paladin-style Dragon class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #839
    Why do the dragon people not wear your armour in dragon form too? sad times.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  20. #840
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mobius
    Posts
    1,178
    No Necromancer skin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •