Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

TLDR
    Main enemy is Chromatus, though lots of minor stories all about.
    6 disconnected zones (2 of them being revamps).
    4 new micro classes (1 spec each) instead of one full new class.
    Class ‘skins’ for some preexisting classes.
    Player housing.
    Carpenter and Logger professions.
    Dalaran capitol city.
    No level cap increase.

Rewards from Shadowlands just get scaled down. Everything in 10.0 is max level content (level 60) with no level squish, so there is no need to level if you already have max level characters. Progression is just endgame progression.

Dragon Isles. Technically its own continent though it’s just one zone split into multiple maps. Floating islands between the Broken Isles and Northrend.
    Lordaeron. Revamped Tirisfal/Plaguelands. Scarlet/Light focus.
    Quel’thalas. Revamped Eversong/Ghostlands. Silvermoon is a hostile city like Suramar.
    Undermine. City-zone beneath Kezan. Criminals and Uncrowned story. Fully underground.
    Balor. Halfling race dealing with primordial fel enemies (think proto-demons, like what the Shadowlands creatures are to undead).
    Uldaz. Second fully underground zone ever on Azeroth. Titan/Elune story here.

Dragon Knight. Only one tank spec. Uses two-handed weapons, fire, plate armor and shouts.
    Tinker class. Only one damage-dealer spec. Uses guns, mail armor, gadgets and mech suits.
    Minstrel class. Only one healer spec. Uses leather, lutes, violins and panflutes.
    Chronomancer class. Only one healer spec. Uses cloth, time magic, and sand magic.
    Dark Ranger skin for Hunters. Dark spell effects. Tames undead instead of animals.
    Necromancer skin for Warlocks. Plagues instead of curses. Summons undead instead of demons.
    Nightmare skin for Druids. Corrupted spell effects and animal forms. Can unlock wildly different forms (that play the same as normal druids) like snakes and spiders.
    Dragonsworn skin for Shamans. Draconic spell effects and forms.
    Warden skin for Demon Hunters. Uses arcane and holy magic instead of fel.

Continued Order Hall stories, though only a select few and you pick them like Covenants. There are no gameplay differences between them, just different campaigns, mounts, mogs and companions. The Silver Hand, Uncrowned, Kirin Tor, Valarjar, and Black Harvest. You are not considered the leader of the order.

Expansion announcement February 28th. Announcement for the announcement planned for the 18th. Goal is to release Q1 2023.
    Last edited by Chromatus; 2022-02-08 at 06:23 AM.

Y'know what? Fuck it, let's have it be this absolutely insane one

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how I feel about this. It sounds kinda cool I guess, but really weird. About as weird as WoD sounded before the announcement.

So it's probably this one lol.

Ooh, this one is pretty fun.

As skeptical as I am, this actually kind of has me interested to see if anything actually happens on the 18th.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don´t ever remember having as many as now, it´s a daily thing xD

It is fun to be honest. But it also means that it will be harder to spot the real one ^^ (and we know by history that there´s always a real one at one point)

Quote Originally Posted by Chromatus View Post
    Everything in 10.0 is max level content (level 60) with no level squish, so there is no need to level if you already have max level characters. Progression is just endgame progression.
    That would actually be GOAT.

To be honest there's a lot of unique ideas here that give me at least a little pause

No increased level cap is kind of jarring but honestly getting right into an expansive end-game wouldn't be bad. Kind of avant garde honestly.

The Microclasses are a cool idea. It's a way to introduce tons of new class fantasies with a focus on a specific role, but those could easily be expanded in the future.

If I had one complaint, it's that it seems odd for the Order Halls to not all be present, and for the ones that are chosen to not be the classes that got new "skins".
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-02-08 at 07:23 AM.

This is a pretty good leak and maybe the truly one, but I´m skeptical in some of these:

TLDR
    Rewards from Shadowlands just get scaled down. Everything in 10.0 is max level content (level 60) with no level squish, so there is no need to level if you already have max level characters. Progression is just endgame progression.
    Problem I see here is if Blizzard wants to have players entertained, they have to make a way to level or make a super infinite endgame to maintain the fun aspect.

Minstrel class. Only one healer spec. Uses leather, lutes, violins and panflutes.
    Lutes, violins and panflutes? We have never seen this "weapons" in WoW ever. Will they create these kind of weapons just for 1 spec? I have my doubts...

Warden skin for Demon Hunters. Uses arcane and holy magic instead of fel.
    There is no relation with Warden and a DH. Is more accurated a Warden to be a Rogue if we are reffering to Warden as Cordana or Maiev.

The most.....interesting part is 4 new classes, but only one is DPS.........otherwise it just seems like a mix of "popular" requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Akthos View Post
    This is a pretty good leak and maybe the truly one, but I´m skeptical in some of these:

Problem I see here is if Blizzard wants to have players entertained, they have to make a way to level or make a super infinite endgame to maintain the fun aspect.

Lutes, violins and panflutes? We have never seen this "weapons" in WoW ever. Will they create these kind of weapons just for 1 spec? I have my doubts...

There is no relation with Warden and a DH. Is more accurated a Warden to be a Rogue if we are reffering to Warden as Cordana or Maiev.
    In fairness, if they focused super hard on endgame, they'd probably have a compelling system worked out from start to finish.
    @Minstrels

My impression was that those would show up in abilities, not be weapons? Still, I'd be interested to see where that even fits in to all of this.

@DH

I dunno, lately the interpretation of Warden has been acrobatic as hell, and DHs literally have Imprison as a skill; there's at least some overlap, if animations and spell effects were tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Akthos View Post

Why? Levels are just a bar filling up. Nothing would change with the quests and campaign, they just wouldn't award experience. Players do quests for loot anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Why? Levels are just a bar filling up. Nothing would change with the quests and campaign, they just wouldn't award experience. Players do quests for loot anyhow.
    The levels made sense when it was the main form of progression before changing over to gear at endgame. Now, they have countless other systems in play that could replace the levels - campaign being the main and obvious one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the trailer!

It'd be funny. But I seriously doubt it.

This one goes in line with the usual progression of fake leaks on mmo-c

The leaker makes a few fake leaks and picks up on a few random things that seems popular on mmo-c and then compiles them into a new fake leak and so on.

What gives this one majorly away for me is the reuse of earlier leaks and the 4 1 spec classes.

- - - Updated - - -

They do?

Since when has good gear come from quests? :P

Normal dungeon gear is always better, and if you start at max level you should start at peak ilvl normal dungeon gear anyway - making all questing pointless.

If all these disgruntled devs and friends of devs and people whose uncles work as a janitor at blizzard are to be trusted, then the next expansion will be a real contradicting blast.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

They do?

Since when has good gear come from quests? :P
    Quest items from a new expansion are already higher ilvl than most items from the previous one.

Quest items from a new expansion are already higher ilvl than most items from the previous one.
    Its like you skipped reading my post :P

If you start at max level that means you start at max level dungeon items aswell, meaning those items wilkl be much higher ilvl then the best quest rewards you can get. Meaning just do normal dungeons and skip questing

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its like you skipped reading my post :P

If you start at max level that means you start at max level dungeon items aswell
    Who said you would? You wouldn't. Say gear from previous expansion is 50ilvl, quest gear is 60 ilvl and dungeons are 65 ilvl. You'd have to get questing gear first . You don't jump into a raid just after you hit the last level no? Questline is always mandatory and tied to your progress anyway so I don't see how anyone would be able to skip it.
    Last edited by bagina; 2022-02-08 at 05:13 PM.