Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Funny how that works, people give Blizzard shit for any tiny retcon, and now want Blizzard to retcon Galakrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Also, I never got why "fanservice" is seen as bad on the internet.
    problem with the "fanservice" is the same as with every game design decision - its highly subjective if its good or bad
    think of sylvanas, they sent her to maw, im sure it would be fanservice to some people to keep her there for ever, but it would be fanservice for some to get her out next week... and in both cases the other group would be pissed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's a few outliers here and there but overall spec tuning really isn't as bad as people claim it is.
    bcs some people think when the spec does 5% less dmg than the other two specs (lets go with pure dps for simplicity) its unplayable, so they use the "best" spec, go to LFR, fail miserably at playing it properly and end up doing worse dmg than the "bad" spec, but they are happy bcs they play meta

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    problem with the "fanservice" is the same as with every game design decision - its highly subjective if its good or bad
    think of sylvanas, they sent her to maw, im sure it would be fanservice to some people to keep her there for ever, but it would be fanservice for some to get her out next week... and in both cases the other group would be pissed...
    Yeah but that's not a problem with fan service, that's just the nature of having a diverse fanbase that is impossible to please all at once.

Fan service is still great for certain things like bringing back an old favourite like Mage Tower. I can't really see anti-mage tower people getting pissed being a legitimate concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yeah but that's not a problem with fan service, that's just the nature of having a diverse fanbase that is impossible to please all at once.

Fan service is still great for certain things like bringing back an old favourite like Mage Tower. I can't really see anti-mage tower people getting pissed being a legitimate concern.
    perhaps, but you can definitely see the "discusions" around rewards and difficulty of MT
    and surely, there are some things that will be popular by majority, but thinking about wow playerbase, those will be VERY few, and my point was po point out why its sometimes considered as "bad", not to prove it or whatnot

Would be interesting to see, if these new classes are legit, if they get a version of the Mage Tower now that it’s a permanent feature. Shouldn’t be too hard to tune the respective challenges for them and reward a class-specific set color or something

I just hope they don't create to many systems this time around so that they can create more content for us to play. I would honestly love to see them add a Battleship mini-game to WoW. I do hope though that player housing gets added to the game and even if they can't add it then adding Guild Halls that can be customized would be cool. More stuff outside of raiding would be great to see in the game.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm not convinced on the image, nor on the content of this "leak". The name seems like it's real.
    But Dalaran as city hub ... a third time? A dragon knight class plus a dragonsworn skin for shaman?
    I don't know, I'm not buying it.
    Dalaran is special, everyone loves it so I can see it. Plus we could expect improvements to it, maybe in size

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Why? Levels are just a bar filling up. Nothing would change with the quests and campaign, they just wouldn't award experience. Players do quests for loot anyhow.
    Leveling is a core of MMO since always.
    You can´t just remove it, unless you have something really, REALLY good to compensate it.

I am yet to meet a person who really doesn´t like leveling when an expansion comes out, through new content, for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromatus View Post

Dragon Knight. Only one tank spec. Uses two-handed weapons, fire, plate armor and shouts.
    Tinker class. Only one damage-dealer spec. Uses guns, mail armor, gadgets and mech suits.
    Minstrel class. Only one healer spec. Uses leather, lutes, violins and panflutes.
    Chronomancer class. Only one healer spec. Uses cloth, time magic, and sand magic.
    Hmm, if i read this, i read:
    Plate-Dragon Knight
    Mail-Tinker
    Leather-Minstrel
    Cloth-Chronomancer

But i also read it like this:

Black or Red Dragon - Dragon Knight
    Blue Dragon - Tinker
    Green or Red Dragon - Minstrel
    Bronze Dragon - Chronomancer

I would guess those micro classes might end up as a shared spec for the given armor typed classes as they get empowered by the dragon flights.

Death Knight, Paladin and Warrior get Dragon Knight
    Hunter and Shaman get Tinker. (Perhaps just Hunter and thats why shaman get the dragonsworn skin?)
    Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk and Rogue get the Minstrel (or just Monk and Rogue as druid already has 4 specs and demon hunter gets the warden skin?)
    Mage, Priest and Warlock get Chronomancer

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I really don't see the point of commissioning that art (which looks high quality) in support of one leak among what must be hundreds now. I doubt Blizzard is gonna keep one of, if not several, of their best artists and a web designer occupied for a while just to troll the MMO-C forumites for two weeks. The former especially must be super busy right now, no time to mess around with that sort of nonsense.
    Yeah they would've pranked us way sooner if that was the plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just luck with the name. I don't see most of the described features happening. No leveling = unlikely. 4 new subspecs = very unlikely. Player housing = unlikely, they already failed with that very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Ineresting for sure, but if this is the case, it could mean some ret cons are in order, since According to cata, they have no powers left, arnt immortal anymore and in soem cases have lost the ablity to breed. I mean Alex herself, is out of Consorts And speaking of Alex, she looks pretty nice in the artwork, good to see her kitted up and looking more then a Amazon then a Bikini model
    The Dragon Isles could / would be the place for them to get their powers back. Not really "retcon" as we know very little of the dragon isles are their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Just luck with the name. I don't see most of the described features happening. No leveling = unlikely. 4 new subspecs = very unlikely. Player housing = unlikely, they already failed with that very badly.
    It's kinda sad that we're so used to Blizzard's shitty expansions that anything remotely interesting that requires effort becomes immediately assumed as unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Y'know what? Fuck it, let's have it be this absolutely insane one
    God I totally get how you feel.
    Fuck it. Embrace the insanity! xD

It's kinda sad that we're so used to Blizzard's shitty expansions that anything remotely interesting that requires effort becomes immediately assumed as unlikely.
    The brain does some crazy things to protect ourselves.

Since the thread is already on 1st place; can we simply lock it; this is bullshit as all leaks here and the OP was just lucky with the name, NOTHING MORE. Everything that he wrote here is bullshit.

My biggest concern with no raised level cap is we'll instead get 85 chapters of a campaign that we're forced to drudge through before we have everything unlocked. I think leveling in new expansions offers several advantages over just dropping all the content for current lvl and scaling everything else down to Chromie time. The main ones being the introduction to the new zones, and pacing the gear upgrades and power scaling out over the duration of the first part of the story. They would have to effectively simulate leveling by locking zones/dungeons/raids behind story quests and simply increasing our power through gear instead of levels.

Also, I hope 1 spec classes isn't something they ever want to do. WoW's classes are so good because they can cover multiple roles or at least vastly change how a single role is played (for the most part). We're well due for a new class though so I'm interested to see what's revealed in 2 weeks time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm actual dragonflight names in web code this means that leak if confirmed or highly plausible ?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Hmm actual dragonflight names in web code this means that leak if confirmed or highly plausible ?
    Or highly coincidental. The name seems confirmed, the leak not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    My biggest concern with no raised level cap is we'll instead get 85 chapters of a campaign that we're forced to drudge through before we have everything unlocked. I think leveling in new expansions offers several advantages over just dropping all the content for current lvl and scaling everything else down to Chromie time. The main ones being the introduction to the new zones, and pacing the gear upgrades and power scaling out over the duration of the first part of the story. They would have to effectively simulate leveling by locking zones/dungeons/raids behind story quests and simply increasing our power through gear instead of levels.
    This is essentially how Shadowlands worked… reaching level 60 didn’t really mean anything on your first character, you had to finish all the zone story campaigns in order to choose a covenant and start endgame content. What’s described is more or less the same thing but without gaining levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or highly coincidental. The name seems confirmed, the leak not so much.
    Yeah. Will see in few days. Fingers crossed.

New substantial gameplay that isn't just borrowed power shit that goes away by the next expansion.
    Why do people keep misunderstanding this lol.

I am talking about the idea of microclasses vs a new actual class or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velzen View Post
    I'm starting to think we're gonna have a Dalaran main hub in the original Dalaran spot in Hillsbrad. There was a new skybox for the zone in 9.2.5 and we've also seen stuff happening to Dalaran in 9.2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Microclasses mean more variety in playable classes? That sounds awesome.
    As opposed to more classes in general?