Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post

umm

how many Shas are fought? Where did the Shas come from?

Who all was corrupted by them?

What power was Garrosh dabbling in?

You okay bud?
    That was minor compared to the Old God influence in WotLK and Cataclysm. MoP was not an Old God expansion. The Sha were merely an Old God's farts. And Garrosh's empowerment byY'shaarj's heart was basically irrelevant. It just made him look retarded.

Did you honestly think I didn't know about these plot elements?

Child, sit down.

They were minor elements and did not make the theme of MoP. The theme of MoP was pandas, Pandaria and their culture and everything that was on it, and the escalating faction war between the Alliance and Horde.

Tuesday can't come soon enough, even if just to end this terrible 10.0 speculation madness.

I wonder how the development team are feeling right now. To me this feels like the most important expansion reveal they will have had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Never seen so many people be against dragons. Its unreal.
    they are getting head start on "current expansion is always worst"

Never seen so many people be against dragons. Its unreal.
    Personally I m not against dragons but at the same time I really cannot understand what people find interesting in these incredibly overused creatures in every single fantasy setting to have ever existed.

To me dragons are so damn boring.

[QUOTE=Delever;53709600]Personally I m not against dragons but at the same time I really cannot understand what people find interesting in these incredibly overused creatures in every single fantasy setting to have ever existed.

They are classic fantasy and warcraft that is why. Its not even that they are "interesting". People are just sick of the new weird shit we got now that I cant even remember what we are fighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    "Hey adventurer, I need you to gather 30 claws from crabs in Stranglethorner valley" and "Kill and collect 20 beaks from Bigger Plainstrider in Empty Lands" where there's 5 of those mobs and 10% drop rate.
    Still would rather do that then a lot of the world quests we got that seem to be designed by soccer moms

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Personally I m not against dragons but at the same time I really cannot understand what people find interesting in these incredibly overused creatures in every single fantasy setting to have ever existed.

To me dragons are so damn boring.
    Not only that, but fighting dragons in the current setting that we're in would be the equivalent of fighting against a cockroach infestation. Dragons aren't relevant, not power-wise, not narratively, not thematically. Their story is finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    Not only that, but fighting dragons in the current setting that we're in would be the equivalent of fighting against a cockroach infestation. Dragons aren't relevant, not power-wise, not narratively, not thematically. Their story is finished.
    Except their story is not finished, just dormant and power wise doesn't matter. We went from Deathwing to fighting dumb shit in Pandaria, this argument is dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Except their story is not finished, just dormant and power wise doesn't matter. We went from Deathwing to fighting dumb shit in Pandaria, this argument is dumb.
    Lmfao, your argumentation is so pathetically stupid that I laughed out loud. Their story is finished, not dormat (no, I don't need to provide argumentation against a groundless statemet). Second, you didn't go from "fighting Deathwing" to Pandaria because you never fought Deathwing. You fought teeny-tiny globules of his blood and the smallest tentacles that sprouted from his back. The ones who fought, and actually defeated, Deathwing were the Aspects together with the aid of the Dragon Soul. And third, do help me jog my memory but, I think Pandaria may have come to an end a """"little""""" while ago, right? Suffice to say, your argument is irrelevant.

Is there a reason why Dragon's became sterile after losing their power? I'm failing to wrap my head around it. Elves haven't lost any fertility that I'm aware of and they've being drinking and probably swimming in titan blood to the point of evolution similar to dragons. Not a 1 to 1 comparison but it's not computing at all. If anything shouldn't they be reverting back to proto-drakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I think its less people being against dragons, more being for other concepts. And it's simpler for many to rail against what is more-or-less a certainty than it is to elaborate upon one's own wants.
    I would even say that just people still remembers bad experience from Cata, which was dragon exp, so they just don't want to have possible second round of bad experience.

For me personally - I do really like Dragon-themed exp, as to be honest, dragons are one of least "presented" forces of Azeroth. We had Cata, yup, but besides Cata, Dragons had almost 0 impact on story right after Cata, with only just small local showcases, like blue dragons in Legion. I would really like to see actual lore and better presentation of what dragons in Azeroth are and why they where not doing what they had to do, according to what responsibilities they acquired when Titans helped them to evolve. (I mean, we have literally big sword that pierced the planet and dragons did almost nothing to help evaluate somehow situation with sword. I think we will see why(at least HOPE so) they where busy during all this period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    They are classic fantasy and warcraft that is why. Its not even that they are "interesting". People are just sick of the new weird shit we got now that I cant even remember what we are fighting.
    Blizzard has added dragons for the different cosmic forces over the years. A few are missing but it is hardly fair to say "Dragons"= "Not new weird stuff". Not to mention Dragons are modified by Aliens to protect the planet from cosmic threats until the alien baby hatches. The most powerful of the Dragons lost their power when defeating one of their brethren that got corrupted by aliens that were imprisoned by the aliens that empowered the Dragons.

So no weird stuff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Is there a reason why Dragon's became sterile after losing their power?
    I think it is just a case of genetics. In the Well of Eternity book it said only half of all eggs ever hatched. Night of the Dragon has Sinestra state that the different flights could interbreed but choose not to. Beyond that I don't think it is ever stated. Since the Aspects were empowered to prevent the Hour of Twilight maybe the magic kept the ability to reproduce so they wouldn't naturally die out.

Or maybe the Titan's didn't want a new power to rise when they no longer had a purpose and built in a "kill switch". It could be refreshing to have the Titans be a threat in this expansion. Sooner or later we will have to face them if Azeroth is ever to hatch. I've considered a theory that maybe Azeroth is actually a First One and the Titans lied about it being a baby Titan so they can be the ones to control it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Other than metal bikini Alexa, other dragons are old,boring boomers, don't do that, don't go there; and if anything goes south they go INSANE from their own powers....shit is made on powers of keepers? or some random dude? sure cheap af.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Other than metal bikini Alexa, other dragons are old,boring boomers, don't do that, don't go there; and if anything goes south they go INSANE from their own powers....shit is made on powers of keepers? or some random dude? sure cheap af.
    Dragons were born between 1946 to 1964?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think it is just a case of genetics. In the Well of Eternity book it said only half of all eggs ever hatched. Night of the Dragon has Sinestra state that the different flights could interbreed but choose not to. Beyond that I don't think it is ever stated. Since the Aspects were empowered to prevent the Hour of Twilight maybe the magic kept the ability to reproduce so they wouldn't naturally die out.

Or maybe the Titan's didn't want a new power to rise when they no longer had a purpose and built in a "kill switch". It could be refreshing to have the Titans be a threat in this expansion. Sooner or later we will have to face them if Azeroth is ever to hatch. I've considered a theory that maybe Azeroth is actually a First One and the Titans lied about it being a baby Titan so they can be the ones to control it.
    Half is still a pretty good number considering how many eggs they can lay plus how long they can live. I want to believe it's the titans interfering that led to infertility because storm drakes, proto drakes, and even nether drakes all have their fertility iirc and the common factor is that the titans didn't juice them up. Maybe them finding out that there was a built-in fail safe to sterilize them would be another light to paint the titans as villains, I really do like that idea.

Did Nelfarian experiment with breeding different flights? My first thought is chromatus but part of me believes that was just magically stitched together akin to frankenstein's monster vs selective breeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Blizzard has added dragons for the different cosmic forces over the years. A few are missing but it is hardly fair to say "Dragons"= "Not new weird stuff". Not to mention Dragons are modified by Aliens to protect the planet from cosmic threats until the alien baby hatches. The most powerful of the Dragons lost their power when defeating one of their brethren that got corrupted by aliens that were imprisoned by the aliens that empowered the Dragons.

So no weird stuff.
    That's a different kind of weird though, it's just a unique spin on dragons. and they are still dragons and classic fantasy regardless of actual lore. It's like how the orc lore is weird but they are still orcs and people who casually know the game or see it don't go past that and just see warcraft orcs the same way as tolkien orcs. It's the same thing with a lot of the races... Trolls, Elves, Dwarfs... The trolls are jamaican but still cool and are still trolls.
    Zereth Mortis has robots and first ones uterworldly" that doesn't resemble any classic fantasies, yeah that's cool and all but it's not my kind of fantasy & warcraft. So yes, I would prefer the "weird" Dragons at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    classic fantasy regardless of actual lore.
    Well if you boil it down like that then all the "Weird cosmic stuff" is just good guys vs bad guys, right? That is part of the problem here. People create arbitrary rules for why X is good and Y is bad when WoW has always been a mix of weird cosmic stuff and boring basic adventuring. Robots have been a part of Warcraft lore since the Vanilla. They have been expanded over the years with WotLK having the first large presence with mechagnomes. So the First Ones tech isn't even a blip on the radar when you consider Titans built machines and stuff all over. We even had Oil Rigs in the early strategy games and steam punk style of technology.

Your fantasy & Warcraft has never been what WoW actually was so it is weird to say it should go back to something it never was.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-18 at 08:55 PM.

Well if you boil it down like that then all the "Weird cosmic stuff" is just good guys vs bad guys, right? That is part of the problem here. People create arbitrary rules for why X is good and Y is bad when WoW has always been a mix of weird cosmic stuff and boring basic adventuring. Robots have been a part of Warcraft lore since the Vanilla. They have been expanded over the years with WotLK having the first large presence with mechagnomes. So the First Ones tech isn't even a blip on the radar when you consider Titans built machines and stuff all over. We even had Oil Rigs in the early strategy games and steam punk style of technology.

Your fantasy & Warcraft has never been what WoW actually was so it is weird to say it should go back to something it never was.
    You're missing the point, now it's another boring argument we'eve seen a million times. making it seem like I think having those things in Warcraft is bad. No, I just prefer the more grounded fantasy like we had in Vanilla. That's why I can level in the zones still to this day. Even the Cata versions. And the BFA zones are probably my favourite aesthetically since. It's also why I play Alliance.
    I prefer the aestetic of dragons, elwynn, dun morogh etc more than vampires, zombies, space and robots. and whatever Oribos is.

It was a comment to someone not understanding why people are interested in having more dragons in WoW.

To say the stuff in 9.2 is on the same level as dragons, oil rigs in stv or Mechagon is mad and just being contrarion for the sake of arguement
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2022-04-18 at 09:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point, now it's another boring argument we'eve seen a million times. making it seem like I think having those things in Warcraft is bad. No, I just prefer the more grounded fantasy like we had in Vanilla.
    So we can't have those things because it isn't Warcraft & Fantasy but they are still somehow good to have in the game? I'm not missing the point at all. It doesn't make sense in the context of people not interested in having Dragons because Dragons themselves don't match what you've explained for the reasons. Like I said they were empowered by Cosmic Beings in order to stop other Cosmic Beings and have been modified by various cosmic forces through out the years (Twilight, Undead, etc).

9.2 being advanced technology is on the same level as any other technology in the game because it goes against basic fantasy that you are trying to invoke, right? It isn't being contrarian for the sake of argument but directly refuting your point about what kinda of Fantasy WoW has had in the past.

Smaller scale adventures? Perfectly fine. Just don't try to claim it is because you don't want high-tech, robots, aliens, or cosmic threats since that stuff has always been present to one degree or another. As I said Dragons as we know them are a directly result of Aliens and Cosmic threats. Ignoring the lore to make it into your idea of what it was is silly.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-18 at 10:28 PM.