Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Always hear Alliance have better in terms of RP but idk I've been having a lot more fun with FF14 RP personally, lot of really nice people probably helps the game doesn't promote tribalism like WoW does.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The faction shift was caused by racials and happened well before Legion. Top guilds went Horde and openly stated it was for the superior racials. The crowd followed, and only after the avalanche of faction transfers did Blizzard take any action. The problem is that they did nothing to entice players to return to the Alliance.

Goblin rocket belt on Mythic Kil'Jaeden says hi.
    Sadly it matter, for a mythic raid guild every second matter and they get from those abilities. Normal players follow them because ppl follow celeb diets, brands etc that method use in marketing all over this world. Hell of a lot money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    RACIALS literally DO NOT MATTER. They have not mattered for years and years. Anyone who thinks the faction imbalance is from racials is a moron. It is psychological, that's just fact.

- - - Updated - - -

People who keep yapping about racials have no.clue about anything. Racials have not mattered since before legion.
    And i already said that it dosent matter if racials are balanced NOW. The “big migration” happened when they were unbalanced as fuck and so all top guilds switched Horde.

Of course nobody will switch factions now because it COSTS A LOT OF MONEY. So in order to incentivise people to switch they should repeat what they did in BC but for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yes, in many cases it's that or outright character derailment. There are cases that are just too big and/or stupid for it to just be because of informations the characters don't have.
    Sounds like you're just reinforcing my point. "The characters made a totally stupid play that I'd never make cause I know the plot therefore the writing is bad."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sounds like you're just reinforcing my point. "The characters made a totally stupid play that I'd never make cause I know the plot therefore the writing is bad."
    Thats not what he said and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And i already said that it dosent matter if racials are balanced NOW. The “big migration” happened when they were unbalanced as fuck and so all top guilds switched Horde.

Of course nobody will switch factions now because it COSTS A LOT OF MONEY. So in order to incentivise people to switch they should repeat what they did in BC but for Alliance.
    And again no it did not. It happened slowly over time as the players who enjoy wows endgame are drawn more to the horde and those who play alliamce are generally a lot more casul which is why they prefer that faction and playing ff14.

9.2.5 cross faction raiding has made it super clear. 100% of guilds I have pugged with have been the single most casual groups I have ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Always hear Alliance have better in terms of RP but idk I've been having a lot more fun with FF14 RP personally, lot of really nice people probably helps the game doesn't promote tribalism like WoW does.
    The term fun and ff14 is on oxymoron. It does not make logical sense.

- - - Updated - - -

The faction shift was caused by racials and happened well before Legion. Top guilds went Horde and openly stated it was for the superior racials. The crowd followed, and only after the avalanche of faction transfers did Blizzard take any action. The problem is that they did nothing to entice players to return to the Alliance.

.05% of players cared about rocket belt. It had no cause for any factio. Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    And again no it did not. It happened slowly over time as the players who enjoy wows endgame are drawn more to the horde and those who play alliamce are generally a lot more casul which is why they prefer that faction and playing ff14.

9.2.5 cross faction raiding has made it super clear. 100% of guilds I have pugged with have been the single most casual groups I have ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

The term fun and ff14 is on oxymoron. It does not make logical sense.

- - - Updated - - -

.05% of players cared about rocket belt. It had no cause for any factio. Changes.
    Wrong again. Even Blizz admitted that most hardcore guilds moved Horde. Why? Racials were better and hardcore players looking for every single 0.5% crunch.

Of course Alliance remaining playerbase was more casual because people who follow the meta switched factions.

Denying it wont do any good, since even devs does not bother denying anymore.

And crossfaction is dogshit solution, actually balancing factions through another racials skew and then “freezing” them is.

Also i dont know why are you so mad about FF14… and you ARE absolutely mad about it, no need to play coy, but most Alliance players left are those who mostly only play WoW alone, since once they find an alternative game they leave.

There is many good guilds still on Alliance but the thing is they like to play with themselves as a close group. Pugging is impossible and literally unbearable there which is why I moved horde to play casually and being able to actually do anything. Haha
    Will of the First Ones is not to be questioned!

If faction changes were only $5-$10, the alliance player count would increase at least 25%.

Let's not bring game vs. game derailment to this thread (e.g WoW vs. FF14), pivot back to the actual topic of the thread.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Quote Originally Posted by Greasygob View Post
    If faction changes were only $5-$10, the alliance player count would increase at least 25%.
    You want to take the bonus money from them, how they will afford the nose whitening and “party girls”.
    I think the devs give up on balance, thats the reason the cross faction introduces. Easy solution.

The alliance is already interesting. The faction unbalance was caused by player power and player power or a merge would be the only ways to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    stop making overpowered alliance characters and always making the alliance win?

Alliance = superman = boring
    Horde = dude with no powers = interesting
    The reason the alliance always wins is because the horde's goal is always world domination or the purgation of the alliance. The alliance's is just 'survive'.

The game needs smaller scale conflicts like actually fighting over a continent or something. Then one faction can actually win without meaning the end of the other.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2022-07-12 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    The reason the alliance always wins is because the horde's goal is always world domination or the purgation of the alliance. The alliance's is just 'survive'.

The game needs smaller scale conflicts like actually fighting over a continent or something. Then one faction can actually win without meaning the end of the other.
    "Fighting over a continent" is not exactly a small scale. Also for example losing a continent is a "death sentence" to races like Forsaken, Blood elves and Night elves, who are basically "all about" staying where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    "Fighting over a continent" is not exactly a small scale. Also for example losing a continent is a "death sentence" to races like Forsaken, Blood elves and Night elves, who are basically "all about" staying where they are.
    I mean a newer place like pandaria. Or dragon isles

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I mean a newer place like pandaria. Or dragon isles
    The issue is that aside there has to be something really important to win in those fights.

Not a resource or territory that is never mentioned again.

U can even go more recent then that again with Goblin's rocket belt on Mythic Painsmith

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The issue is that aside there has to be something really important to win in those fights.

Not a resource or territory that is never mentioned again.
    I'm not saying its easy, I mean, there's a reason why Blizz doesn't do it.

But in order for the HvA conflict to be interesting, there has to be something to actually gain or lose. But if every conflict is just one side going genocidal, its extremely boring, and makes it less and less resonable for neutral factions, much less the other side, to ever put up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    U can even go more recent then that again with Goblin's rocket belt on Mythic Painsmith
    When there was an opportunity for an Alliance race to have a blatant advantage in raid content during Castle Nathria, Blizzard was quick to nip it in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    When there was an opportunity for an Alliance race to have a blatant advantage in raid content during Castle Nathria, Blizzard was quick to nip it in the bud.
    In beta in fact. While they never once did the same for the Horde races. Trolls could skip whole phase on Jaina due to that, their passive "washing away" her ice stacks faster and somehow gaming the system.