Can you do something about burner accounts used for "leaks"

since the fake leak threads seem to be allowed or even welcome, can you do something about accounts being created for the sake of spamming these threads?

introduce a minimum post count before allowing creating threads or something.

would also increase engagement with the site (to me that seems to be the reason for tolerating the incessant spam of those threads)

But then we'd miss out on the one true leak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    since the fake leak threads seem to be allowed or even welcome, can you do something about accounts being created for the sake of spamming these threads?

introduce a minimum post count before allowing creating threads or something.

would also increase engagement with the site (to me that seems to be the reason for tolerating the incessant spam of those threads)
    Engagement from people spamming posts to be allowed to open threads is not good engagement. All it'd do is make it more annoying for the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Engagement from people spamming posts to be allowed to open threads is not good engagement. All it'd do is make it more annoying for the mods.
    getting spammed by fake leaks seems good enough. getting spammed by messages to meet a post count shouldn't be that far from that

Quote Originally Posted by Kardeny92 View Post
    But then we'd miss out on the one true leak
    nothing lost with that

Multiaccounts are forbidden already, but they don't have the manpower to enforce that.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it would fix it.

People would then add 20 random legit replies around, then make their thread

I have come to peace with it. It´s fun. We are already maknig a record of leaks! Let´s see how far it goes and which one is the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    getting spammed by fake leaks seems good enough. getting spammed by messages to meet a post count shouldn't be that far from that
    I mean for the most part they are harmless and dumb fan concepts that always pop up at the last patch of an expansion

The fact that people still care enough to do that gives the game as a whole hope

And if they wanna RP as a dev making a burner account so they can't be traced and fired more power to them who am I to kink shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Related question, what email providers are you guys using to create and activate the burner accounts upon? All the top providers like Gmail now require a mobile phone number or some real ID for new accounts. It's increasingly harder to find somewhere where you can create unlimited anonymous and free email addresses for such uses and some websites also have restrictions on the email domains you must use.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2022-02-14 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally addressed in the thread below this one. User aren't allowed multiple accounts and when we catch these, we are already banning them. We might not always be super fast at this there's only so many of us and we all also have other obligations in our lives. Additionally, we already have some backend help via the forum software and permission settings to help with this but nothing is perfect, especially if someone is especially motivated to jump through a lot of hoops to post.

All I can say is report them when you see them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |