Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Just to be clear, this problem still happened with the old (1000W) PSU, as well as with the new one?

Because if thats so, we can likely rule the PSU out.
    It sure did!

I had the exact same problem. It was my PSU. Check it out and replace it if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    did you wire up the gpu via multiple 12v rails, or did you just use one?
    wild guess is that you're tripping the OCP by using just one. had the same thing happen with my corsair hx750 until i flipped the switch over into single-rail mode, which your model lacks.
    THis is also worth checking.

This would cause an issue with both of the PSUs. If you're tripping overcurrent protection (OCP) it doesn't matter what the wattage of the PSU is because wattage isnt the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dark View Post
    I had the exact same problem. It was my PSU. Check it out and replace it if need be.
    He already did.

It was doing this on his original PSU (1000W), and he replaced it with a 750W. Its still happening. The likleyhood of two PSUs in a row being bad, and in particular, the second one being DOA, is h ighly unlikely. Its far more likely to be an issue somewhere else, or like someone else posted, hes tripping the OCP because hes got it wired to a single rail.

See I thought this, but prior to the 750W I had a 1000W and it did the same thing. Found out the 1000W I had was notorious for exploding so I replaced it with the 750W (Corsair RM, fully modular)

Most likely the real problem is with the PSU. Pay attention to this.

Sometimes the problem happen for overheating CPU and GPU. Have you checked the condition of it when you play games?

Posted this many times, but here's what I'd do (and have done myself on few occasions with successfully pinpointing the issue): Run stress tests that target one likely suspect at a time (this being important), those being CPU, GPU and RAM. Especially in the case of a GPU, the temperatures you read from the device tell only half of the story (if even that?). There's a whole bunch of shoddy cheapo chinese electronics to boot, which often is the culprit, not so much the actual die temperature.
    If all of these work flawlessly on their own, but a combined use is the issue, then I'd bet the PSU.