Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    For sure, I would like to see both a dragon themed class and a Drakonid race together.
    I just would much prefer to not go through the headaches of the model issues if it's not absolutely necessary.
    Well, they're still two separate arguments.

    Would it be fair to have a Dragon themed class that doesn't turn into a Dragon when that's one of the main draws and expectations behind such a class? And to simply imply that 'you don't need to turn into a Dragon, you can just play as this race' doesn't really cut it.

    It'd be like if Death Knights didn't get the pale skin and glowing eyes customization and they left it as 'just pick Forsaken if you want to look Undead'. It doesn't work that way.

    Perhaps, but to be fair historically they haven't really done too well with model based work.
    Like players getting stuck in doorways for dungeons like Tol Dagor because they just so happened to have either been: Lusted, Used and/or had Avatar proc, etc. Which is still an issue in some forms of content.
    And the complaints I've seen regarding bear druid tanking.
    I think that's fair. As a main Guardian Druid for many years, there are plenty of problems with it, and I agree I wouldn't want it as a main form tank.

    I still prefer humanoid tanking with Dragon visuals periodically appearing or a temporary cooldown ability instead of any permanent Dragon form.

    Even the alternative of summoning a 'Dragon spirit' could suffice.

    To be fair neither really have the player character themselves turning into something so big. Especially being in the form for a long time like the tank spec.
    Hell if the class did work like Sindragosa's breath that would be good too.
    Agreed

    I'm not really concerned with visually blocking as much anymore as I am the bigger model having a hitbox that just makes it harder to avoid mechanics. Even if it's resource driven it could cause issues. (Especially if we get another Vision of Perfection-like thing next xpac)
    But, that's solvable with if the dragon form is small like the size of a druid cat and bear form, or a whelp. Even though bear druids have been said to have issues, it's still something that people are at very least used to... but I don't see people being happy with that if they're wanting to be this big majestic dragon like the aspects, or like Wrathion.
    Hitboxes are weird like that. I don't think they need to increase the hitbox to the size of a temporary transformation at all, they could keep it as a tiny hitbox with large visuals.

    The only issue is using said abilities in PVP, really. That's where most hitbox concerns actually matter. Otherwise, having a large model with a tiny hitbox is actually advantageous, since it defers to being overly-cautious about your positioning. And for that matter, I'd say any sort of large Dragon form should not be tied into being necessary for tanking rotations, rather it should be situational at best.


    I'll just say that it'd be a very big missed opportunity if they gave us a Dragon themed class that has no Dragon form.

  2. #182
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well, they're still two separate arguments.

    Would it be fair to have a Dragon themed class that doesn't turn into a Dragon when that's one of the main draws and expectations behind such a class? And to simply imply that 'you don't need to turn into a Dragon, you can just play as this race' doesn't really cut it.

    It'd be like if Death Knights didn't get the pale skin and glowing eyes customization and they left it as 'just pick Forsaken if you want to look Undead'. It doesn't work that way.
    Fair, though Drakonids due to their lore can very well be their own class as Dragonsworn.
    We've seen that mortals empowered by the dragonflights can transform into Drakonids and have separate humanoid forms. (Seen with the Dragonmaw Orcs in Outland, Lord Hiram Creed who is a human in Cata, and the Evolved Twilight Zealots which are every cata race except Worgen/Undead if I'm not mistaken. Most likely this also applies to the Evolved Drakonaar also in Cata)

    I still prefer humanoid tanking with Dragon visuals periodically appearing or a temporary cooldown ability instead of any permanent Dragon form.
    Even the alternative of summoning a 'Dragon spirit' could suffice
    I'm perfectly fine with this too.


    Hitboxes are weird like that. I don't think they need to increase the hitbox to the size of a temporary transformation at all, they could keep it as a tiny hitbox with large visuals.

    The only issue is using said abilities in PVP, really. That's where most hitbox concerns actually matter. Otherwise, having a large model with a tiny hitbox is actually advantageous, since it defers to being overly-cautious about your positioning. And for that matter, I'd say any sort of large Dragon form should not be tied into being necessary for tanking rotations, rather it should be situational at best.

    I'll just say that it'd be a very big missed opportunity if they gave us a Dragon themed class that has no Dragon form.
    All things aside I do fully expect them to add a dragon flight form in some way if there is a dragon themed class. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't, no matter if the class was a dragon class with the above solutions, or a dragonsworn.
    That I'm fine with because there's no issues with mounts, and because you can already do it with the Vial of Sands and the Cata legendary staff.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-23 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  3. #183
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,258
    After playing a bit of HotS with Alexstraza, Deathwing, and Chromie, I'm going to change some things around and add/remove a few moves and refine some concepts.

    Deathwing's gameplay especially is very cool and entertaining. I really like his ability to fly into the air, heal himself, and crash down again. Definitely want to pull more of that into the Earthwarden concept. I was going to alter the tank into more of a rapid shapeshifter like Chromie or Alexstraza, but after playing DW some more, I think I want to keep the druid-style gameplay of a permanent dragon form.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because you're perfectly capable of finding that information yourself.
    It's problematic because anything retconned is taken out of Gamepedia's article. Unless they point it out in their Notes and Trivia, it's not there. Therefore, i need your help with pointing out to what you meant.

    As for the rest, As I said before, I'm done with that topic. There's a Drakonid thread somewhere in these forums where people can revel in being a mutated slave race all they want. This thread is about Dragonborne, where we talk about the potential to play as an actual dragon.
    I don't believe in playable Drakonids, i believe in playable Dragonmen.
    But, fair enough, i will stop talking about that subject. This is your thread after all and you respected mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The K'thir don't serve the void, they serve N'Zoth.
    Who's part of the Void. If you work for someone who's under a higher ranking one, you don't work for him?

    Here's the problem, we're not talking about Humans, Elf, Troll, etc. we're talking about K'thir. And yeah if we had a playable K'thir race, they would be in the same boat as Drakonids; Servants (slaves) to another being.
    Orcs were servants to the Burning Legion until they broke off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    After playing a bit of HotS with Alexstraza, Deathwing, and Chromie, I'm going to change some things around and add/remove a few moves and refine some concepts.

    Deathwing's gameplay especially is very cool and entertaining. I really like his ability to fly into the air, heal himself, and crash down again. Definitely want to pull more of that into the Earthwarden concept. I was going to alter the tank into more of a rapid shapeshifter like Chromie or Alexstraza, but after playing DW some more, I think I want to keep the druid-style gameplay of a permanent dragon form.
    I'm going to point out some things in your favor, because i don't wanna be all negative:
    1. Heroes of the Storm is a game about Hero characters from Blizzard's games, Warcraft included. Therefore, one can say it is an extension of the WC3 Hero units, especially considering how the game builds up on those WC3 characters. Reservation: not all HotS characters are WC3 Hero units. Brightwing is based on the basic Faerie Dragon unit, Reghar is based on the basic Shaman unit, Falstad is based on the basic Gryphon Rider unit, Cho'gall is based on the WC2 Ogre-Mage unit, Lunara is based on the basic Dryad unit, Zul'jin is based on the WC2 Axethrower unit, and Stitches is based on the basic Abomination unit.
    2.The 3 HotS Dragon characters smoothly lend themselves to the 3 WoW roles: DPS, Healer and Tank. That's why one could claim that they were set this way on purpose and that they have the material for a playable class. Reservation: Deathwing is a Bruiser, not a Tank. However, he does have an armor plates trait, which gives credence to his tanking capabilities.
    3. Disguising themselves as mortals gives the freedom for Blizzard to apply the class to their playable races instead of being a giant Dragon. Reservation: these Dragons aren't really those races, so their racial traits do not make sense for a Dragon.
    4. Their sizes in HotS are not much bigger than other playable characters, unlike in WoW. That's how they would potentially fit a playable class.Reservation: they do stand out quite a bit, being one of the largest, if not The largest, characters out there.
    5. There is a uniqueness to their themes. While we have time and fire magic in WoW classes, we don't have sand or healing fire. As for Deathwing, i guess we can make an excepetion. Reservation: while their caster forms seem pretty natural to WoW, their Dragon forms feel a bit off to what's familiar. But, i guess it's a subjective matter.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-24 at 10:55 AM.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Who's part of the Void. If you work for someone who's under a higher ranking one, you don't work for him?
    Blackrock Spire is a good example of that.

    The Dark Iron Dwarves of the Depths came into conflict with the Blackrock Orcs of Upper spire. They fought continuously.

    The Blackrock Orcs served the Black Dragonflight. The Dark Irons were slaves to Ragnaros and his elemental army. Then in Cataclysm, it's revealed that both Ragnaros and the Black Dragonflight are all working for the Old Gods.

    You'd think the minions all work together, but they never did. Hell, they don't even work for the Old Gods, and even less for the Void Lords. They worked for the one master above them, and had no concept of who else is in the vast organization, or who they truly are serving. By all means, some Dark Iron could have been devising a super weapon to fight the Old Gods, without ever knowing that his master Ragnaros was a servant of the Old Gods.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-24 at 09:26 AM.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Blackrock Spire is a good example of that.

    The Dark Iron Dwarves of the Depths came into conflict with the Blackrock Orcs of Upper spire. They fought continuously.

    The Blackrock Orcs served the Black Dragonflight. The Dark Irons were slaves to Ragnaros and his elemental army. Then in Cataclysm, it's revealed that both Ragnaros and the Black Dragonflight are all working for the Old Gods.

    You'd think the minions all work together, but they never did. Hell, they don't even work for the Old Gods, and even less for the Void Lords. They worked for the one master above them, and had no concept of who else is in the vast organization, or who they truly are serving. By all means, some Dark Iron could have been devising a super weapon to fight the Old Gods, without ever knowing that his master Ragnaros was a servant of the Old Gods.
    Not knowing doesn't mean you don't. You're just oblivious to the fact that you do.
    You can clearly see that Orcs and Dark Irons are listed as Old Gods' forces members.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Gods%27_forces
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-24 at 02:18 PM.

  7. #187
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,258
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    3. Disguising themselves as mortals gives the freedom for Blizzard to apply the class to their playable races instead of being a giant Dragon. Reservation: these Dragons aren't really those races, so their racial traits do not make sense for a Dragon.
    No different than DKs not getting Forsaken traits for being undead.

    Lorewise it makes perfect sense; Draconic magic is strong enough to not only make the dragon look like a mortal, but possess their racial traits as well.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not knowing doesn't mean you don't. You're just oblivious to the fact that you do.
    You can clearly see that Orcs and Dark Irons are listed as Old Gods' forces members.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Gods%27_forces
    Yes, but they're not listed as Void Lord members.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No different than DKs not getting Forsaken traits for being undead.
    Again, you're not talking about a race that has been transformed into something. You're talking about a whole new race: Dragons.

    Lorewise it makes perfect sense; Draconic magic is strong enough to not only make the dragon look like a mortal, but possess their racial traits as well.
    Got any source for that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, but they're not listed as Void Lord members.
    Is there a page for that?
    If the Old Gods serve the Void lords, and Dark Irons and Orcs serve the Old Gods, what does that mean? That they serve them indirectly.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Is there a page for that?
    If the Old Gods serve the Void lords, and Dark Irons and Orcs serve the Old Gods, what does that mean? That they serve them indirectly.
    The entire organization is loose and built on the ideas of chaos and universal obliteration.

    I mean, as long as you're breaking shit, you're serving a Void Lord indirectly.

    Kinda like if you're doing anything to protect Azeroth, then you're serving the Titans and other protectors of Azeroth, indirectly. We're abstracting broad generalizations here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-24 at 06:16 PM.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The entire organization is loose and built on the ideas of chaos and universal obliteration.

    I mean, as long as you're breaking shit, you're serving a Void Lord indirectly.
    No, i mean you're part of the same large organization. Not that your actions do them service.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    No, i mean you're part of the same large organization. Not that your actions do them service.
    Except the organization isn't even aware of the existence of its greater masters, and could easily be working against them.

    It's gonna be similar to the Lich King - Zovaal connections. Arthas was never aware of Zovaal's existence. He actively ended up defying him, even though he's working under Zovaal's 'organization'. Does that mean Arthas was serving Zovaal? No, because even Zovaal admits that they were all failures as heralds of his coming.

    This applies to all the Lich Kings. They served in the organization, yet they didn't serve the master.


    Similarly, we have that with Cho'gall. He served under Gul'dan's Horde, who all served the Legion. Yet he practiced the magics of the Old Gods, who oppose the Legion.

    Or you have the wavy connections between Death Knights and the Alliance/Horde, where they serve our factions, then you have some bullshit shenanigans in Legion where they heeded the commands of Bolvar to raise the new 4 horsemen.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-24 at 06:32 PM.

  13. #193
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,258
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Again, you're not talking about a race that has been transformed into something. You're talking about a whole new race: Dragons.
    And again, that really doesn't matter. All that matters is that dragons can turn themselves into mortal races, and according to lore they're so good at it that people can't tell them apart from the real thing. Even mages couldn't tell that Onyxia (a freakin' super-dragon) was inside Stormwind Keep advising the leadership disguised as Lady Prestor.

    So why is it such a problem that dragons would be able to emulate their disguise's racials as well?

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Except the organization isn't even aware of the existence of its greater masters, and could easily be working against them.

    It's gonna be similar to the Lich King - Zovaal connections. Arthas was never aware of Zovaal's existence. He actively ended up defying him, even though he's working under Zovaal's 'organization'. Does that mean Arthas was serving Zovaal? No, because even Zovaal admits that they were all failures as heralds of his coming.

    This applies to all the Lich Kings. They served in the organization, yet they didn't serve the master.

    No one said they were good employees
    That's why you see Kil'jaeden disappointed with Illidan and Gul'dan in several cases, and Sargeras with Kil'jaeden.

    Similarly, we have that with Cho'gall. He served under Gul'dan's Horde, who all served the Legion. Yet he practiced the magics of the Old Gods, who oppose the Legion.
    That's why he decided to break off and pursue his own path.

    Or you have the wavy connections between Death Knights and the Alliance/Horde, where they serve our factions, then you have some bullshit shenanigans in Legion where they heeded the commands of Bolvar to raise the new 4 horsemen.
    Some people need multiple jobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And again, that really doesn't matter. All that matters is that dragons can turn themselves into mortal races, and according to lore they're so good at it that people can't tell them apart from the real thing. Even mages couldn't tell that Onyxia (a freakin' super-dragon) was inside Stormwind Keep advising the leadership disguised as Lady Prestor.
    Glyph of Disguise
    Use: When you Pick Pocket a humanoid enemy, you also copy their appearance for 5 min. Your disguise will unravel upon entering combat.

    Illusion
    Instant 10 min cooldown
    Requires Mage
    Requires level 10
    Transforms the Mage to look like another player for 2 min.

    Masquerade
    Nightborne racial
    Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.

    Are they supposed to have the Racial traits of those who they are taking the form of?

    So why is it such a problem that dragons would be able to emulate their disguise's racials as well?
    Because disguising is not being. They won't just be granted the healing capabilities of a troll all of the sudden, or the Gnome's vast engineering knowledge. It doesn't work that way. Unless you have a source that says otherwise.

  15. #195
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,258
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Glyph of Disguise
    Use: When you Pick Pocket a humanoid enemy, you also copy their appearance for 5 min. Your disguise will unravel upon entering combat.

    Illusion
    Instant 10 min cooldown
    Requires Mage
    Requires level 10
    Transforms the Mage to look like another player for 2 min.

    Masquerade
    Nightborne racial
    Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.

    Are they supposed to have the Racial traits of those who they are taking the form of?
    Did you even read what I said?

    Even the most powerful Mages in Stormwind had no idea that a black dragon infiltrator was inside the Alliance’s inner circle (Lady Prester/Onynixa). Ebonhorne lived among the Tauren for years without ever being found out to be a dragon. That’s how strong a dragon’s ability to disguise themselves as a mortal is.

    Those items you brought up are not even close. Glyph of disguise and illusion vanish in combat, and Masquerade can be detected by mages in Suramar.

    Because disguising is not being. They won't just be granted the healing capabilities of a troll all of the sudden, or the Gnome's vast engineering knowledge. It doesn't work that way. Unless you have a source that says otherwise.
    Again, Lady Prestor and Ebonhorn.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Did you even read what I said?

    Even the most powerful Mages in Stormwind had no idea that a black dragon infiltrator was inside the Alliance’s inner circle (Lady Prester/Onynixa). Ebonhorne lived among the Tauren for years without ever being found out to be a dragon. That’s how strong a dragon’s ability to disguise themselves as a mortal is.
    And these ones are weak?
    No matter how good a disguise is, it doesn't grant the impersonator any character traits.

    Those items you brought up are not even close. Glyph of disguise and illusion vanish in combat, and Masquerade can be detected by mages in Suramar.
    When you engage in combat a Dragon, in human form, does it not turn into a Dragon?

    Masquerade is, indeed, not a good example because it turns a Nightborne into a Nightborne. Hence, no traits are changed.

    Again, Lady Prestor and Ebonhorn.
    They received Human and Highmountain racial traits?
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-25 at 06:31 PM.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They received Human and Highmountain racial traits?
    Jaina has Haymaker?

    As far as we know, NPCs don't have racial traits. They are specific to player characters. And frankly, purely as gameplay mechanics.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-25 at 06:53 PM.

  18. #198
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,258
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And these ones are weak?
    No matter how good a disguise is, it doesn't grant the impersonator any character traits.
    If Onyxia, a huge black dragon, can infiltrate the highest levels of the alliance to the point where she was the personal advisor to the royal family, they can definitely copy racial traits.


    When you engage in combat a Dragon, in human form, does it not turn into a Dragon?
    Not always. In the case of Flame Buffet for example they retain human form.

    Masquerade is, indeed, not a good example because it turns a Nightborne into a Nightborne. Hence, no traits are changed.
    No, you're masquerading as a Nightborne, and when you get busted, you revert back to your normal form.


    They received Human and Highmountain racial traits?
    Again, if your disguise is so good that individuals around you can't tell the difference between you and an actual mortal, then yes they are OBVIOUSLY copying racial traits.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Jaina has Haymaker?
    Jaina doesn't use the Kul Tiran model.

    As far as we know, NPCs don't have racial traits. They are specific to player characters. And frankly, purely as gameplay mechanics.
    Gift of the Naaru (Maraad, Yrel, Velen)
    The Gift of the Naaru is a blessing bestowed by the divine naaru upon the draenei, and all draenei can tap into this blessing to heal injured allies. The gift manifests in the form of a glowing blue rune or "forehead signet" to signify that they are indeed touched by the Light.

    Velen's forehead signet is permanently visible, likely to signify his especially close connection to the naaru.

    Gift of the Naaru
    Divine Purpose heals the lowest Health nearby allied Hero other than Yrel for 275.



    Stoneform (Muradin)
    Stoneform
    Cooldown: 50 seconds
    Activate to heal for 30% of your maximum Health over 10 seconds. Second Wind is disabled during this time.

    Shadowmeld (Tyrande, Maiev)
    In World of Warcraft, any night elf may Shadowmeld at any time. In Warcraft III, night elves were only able to use it at night, and it was only available to females (not males, who were all druids). According to Tyrande Whisperwind's dialog, it is a power granted to the night elves by the goddess Elune.

    Hide
    Lie in wait for enemies without attacking (Will respond to attacks).
    Units will hold position and hold their fire, so when they are Shadowmelding, they will not break their own invisibility.
    It's very handy for running away from a battle. The Hide ability is disabled during the day.

    Worgen Racials (Genn)
    Darkflight
    10 Mana Cooldown: 5 seconds
    Shapeshift into a Worgen and leap at an enemy, dealing 88 damage.

    Viciousness
    Increases Inner Beast's duration to 4 seconds, and causes Spell Damage to also refresh its duration.

    Running Wild
    Increases Darkflight and Disengage's range by 35%, and reduce their cooldowns by 1 second.

    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=189626/worgen-transform

    Entropic Embrace (Alleria)


    Mana Tap (Kael'thas)
    Mana tap is unique in that it is (or was) one of the few racials not only directly referenced in the lore, but a large part of it. Via Illidan Stormrage, Kael'thas Sunstrider was able to learn a formidable technique by which to sate the elves' magical addiction: the process of forcibly taking arcane magic from external sources. A servant of his, Rommath, went on to spread these teachings back home in Quel'Thalas, allowing the general sin'dorei populace (of which we the players belong to) to better deal with the pangs of addiction. Prior to its removal in Patch 3.0.2, instruction in its usage (mana tapping the crazed mana wyrms around the isle) was among the first things taught to new blood elf players.

    Mana Tap
    Activating Verdant Spheres restores 5% of Kael'thas's maximum Mana.

    Blood Fury (Durotan)
    The orcs can work themselves up into a natural bloodlust frenzy, a capacity that was only demonically amplified by consuming the Blood of Mannoroth.


    Warstomp (Cairne, Baine)
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cai...hoof#Abilities
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bai...hoof#Abilities

    Troll Racials (Zul'jin)
    Berserker
    Cooldown: 0.5 seconds
    Activate to increase Basic Attack damage by 25% but consume 2% maximum Health per attack.

    Passive: Zul'jin attacks 1% faster for every 1% of maximum Health missing.

    Regeneration
    75 Mana Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Zul'jin channels to regenerate 30% of his maximum Health over 4 seconds. Moving while channeling or taking damage will interrupt this effect.

    Voodoo Shuffle
    Cooldown: 10 seconds
    Activate to remove Roots and Slows.

    Passive: Lower the cooldown and Mana cost of Regeneration by 40%.

    Will of the Forsaken (Sylvanas)
    Will of the Forsaken
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Activate to become Unstoppable and gain 40% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.

    Bull Rush (Huln Highmountain)
    Gore Charge — Charge at your enemies and gore them with your horns.


    Embrace of the Loa (Talanji)


    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Onyxia, a huge black dragon, can infiltrate the highest levels of the alliance to the point where she was the personal advisor to the royal family, they can definitely copy racial traits.
    No, they can't. It's just your assumption. Fooling someone succesfully doesn't mean you are what you are trying to disguise as.

    Not always. In the case of Flame Buffet for example they retain human form.
    I'm talking in WoW.

    No, you're masquerading as a Nightborne, and when you get busted, you revert back to your normal form.
    I was talking about the scrapped racial.

    Again, if your disguise is so good that individuals around you can't tell the difference between you and an actual mortal, then yes they are OBVIOUSLY copying racial traits.
    No, it means you look like one. Give me an example of them exhibiting a racial trait of a form they take.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-25 at 10:55 PM.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    *snip*
    Dragons could absolutely exhibit those same traits. Why wouldn't they?

    And for any particular race with a unique trait that can not possibly be mimiced by a Dragon (ie Void Elves), just omit those races from the Dragon class completely.

    Simple as that.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-25 at 10:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •