Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Dragons fits that need.

The only other popular game with something approaching that concept is ESO, and Dragonknight is a very popular class there (and its not a DRAGON, but just more a dragon-themed class). If ESO made Dragonknights able to become dragons I bet they would be insanely popular. They are just something that is hard to balance in other games.

Dragons in WoW would work fine though, since we already have characters that are retard level of power brought down to player levels. Deathknights and Demon Hunters that are killable by a Hunter with a bow and a kitty.... dragons would fit fine.

Draw people back with dragons, get the story under control (assuming they weren't just lying about it sucking because of Alex) and get the game in a state where people want to play it again..... then you can add tinkers or whatever else.
    I don't agree with this entire assessment, but I will absolutely agree that a Dragonborne class definitely fits Blizzard's "rule of cool", and would be a decidedly Blizzard way of doing a dragon class. It would certainly set it apart from other dragon classes in other games, and to me, that just increases the chances of such a class potentially entering the game.

As I mentioned before, I could definitely see such a class easily being the top class in the game for a long time. Definitely giving Druids a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Definitely giving Druids a run for their money.
    Only class I'd truly give up my Bear for.

I wonder why people keep making this assumption that "if it wasn't a hero class in WC3, it cannot be a new class in WoW"?

I've looked and I don't see anywhere Blizzard has said they are restricted by this. It certainly is an easy place to pull from, but its a logical fallacy people fall into assuming that "because new classes were WC3 heroes, all new classes must come from WC3 heroes".
    It's not a must, but it's a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It's not a must, but it's a pattern.
    Patterns are only good for providing precedence for possibilities. Patterns are not meant to dismiss possibilities. You can't really exclude anything from 'not fitting a pattern' because patterns aren't rules or limits. They're just patterns.

Just pointing out that Gumble is specifically talking about the irrationality behind dismissing Class concepts being playable based on arbitrary reasons, such as not following a pattern.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-20 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Patterns are only good for providing precedence for possibilities. Patterns are not meant to dismiss possibilities. You can't really exclude anything from 'not fitting a pattern' because patterns aren't rules or limits. They're just patterns.

Just pointing out that Gumble is specifically talking about the irrationality behind dismissing Class concepts being playable based on arbitrary reasons, such as not following a pattern.
    The issue is we had occasions when a non WC3 class was being considered and eventually lost.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The issue is we had occasions when a non WC3 class was being considered and eventually lost.
    Right, and its choice to not be picked wasn't based on patterns, but other reasons which the devs have talked about in retrospect.

So it's not a must, and the pattern of drawing from Warcraft 3 isn't substantially legitimate, considering we've never had any Devs saying anything close to new WoW classes exclusively being drawn from WC3. We kind of have the opposite, where they said they planned on something like 20+ classes in the game, and eventually cut that down to 9 at launch. I would like to think Runemaster was not the only non-WC3 concept left on the cutting room floor.

I think it's also important to consider their statements on choosing a class that fits the theme/setting of an expansion, and a former dev remarking on whether a concept could be too whimsical. Even if these aren't hard-fast rules, they're insights to what the devs consider for a class. I consider that more legitimate than some fan correlation of a pattern, like the next class would wear Mail because we only have 2 Mail classes.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-20 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only class I'd truly give up my Bear for.
    Honestly, I don't think you would be the only one. I could imagine many players making Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Ultraxion clones.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The specs/abilities might be viable and they might even give it a draconic flight form, but these would/could be relegated to a dragonsworn class.
    But I highly doubt they'd let someone be a dragon in combat bc it presents several issues unless they'd be a whelp or an incredibly small drake.

I do think that the bronze dragonflight spec would either be a healer or a tank, DPS could just be wasting it's potential unless it had a lot of utility. (Like creating the accelerated/slowed time zones that you see in nighthold etc)
    Tank would focus on slowing enemies attacks/casts and/or using time magic to slow dots and other damage on themselves.
    Healers are obvious, reversing time on allies to reverse the damage they recieved and slowing the tickrate of dots, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The specs/abilities might be viable and they might even give it a draconic flight form, but these would/could be relegated to a dragonsworn class.
    But I highly doubt they'd let someone be a dragon in combat bc it presents several issues unless they'd be a whelp or an incredibly small drake.
    I find this line of argumentation bizarre. The argument is that Blizzard would go the boring, safe route instead of doing something unique, cool, and bold. And the reasoning behind why they would go the boring and safe route is size, something that can easily be overcome with a bit of technical skill and know-how, which Blizzard possesses.

Also there’s really no lore basis for the safe, boring Dragonsworn class. There is a lore basis for the bold, cool Dragonborne class, complete with multiple, popular example characters.

1+ Year Old Account
    I find this line of argumentation bizarre. The argument is that Blizzard would go the boring, safe route instead of doing something unique, cool, and bold. And the reasoning behind why they would go the boring and safe route is size, something that can easily be overcome with a bit of technical skill and know-how, which Blizzard possesses.

Also there’s really no lore basis for the safe, boring Dragonsworn class. There is a lore basis for the bold, cool Dragonborne class, complete with multiple, popular example characters.
    The two ways it would be fixed that would be worth blizzard's time ontop of balancing another 3 specs into the game is making whatever dragon form there is a whelp or very small drake, which would you be happy with either?
    Keeping the model huge while keeping the hitbox humanoid sized would cause several issues and confusion in PvP. How would players know where to throw placeable AOE/CCs

There's plenty of lore behind mortals becoming dragonsworn and serving the dragons.
    There are dragonsworn/drakonids in almost every dragon-based zone/storyline/dungeon/raid.
    With all, if not most of the dragonflights that're either fallen apart or are in the process of falling apart why would a dragon join either one of the factions and do whatever minor quests there are when they should be working to rebuild their dragonflight

10+ Year Old Account
    The two ways it would be fixed that would be worth blizzard's time ontop of balancing another 3 specs into the game is making whatever dragon form there is a whelp or very small drake, which would you be happy with either?
    Keeping the model huge while keeping the hitbox humanoid sized would cause several issues and confusion in PvP. How would players know where to throw placeable AOE/CCs
    Why are we jumping from small to huge? What about mid-size? Also, Druids have varying hitboxes from their humanoid forms. Why would it be different for dragons?

There's plenty of lore behind mortals becoming dragonsworn and serving the dragons.
    Such as?

If you're talking about humans mutated into dragon people, I highly doubt Blizzard would choose that over allowing players to play as characters like Wrathion or Alexstraza.

1+ Year Old Account
    Why are we jumping from small to huge? What about mid-size? Also, Druids have varying hitboxes from their humanoid forms. Why would it be different for dragons?
    Because dragons are bigger than druids.
    Being the size of a mount in combat is still too big.
    If they were roughly the size of a normal druid bear then maybe, but I'd be willing to bet you'd think that would be too small.

Such as?
    If you're talking about humans mutated into dragon people, I highly doubt Blizzard would choose that over allowing players to play as characters like Wrathion or Alexstraza.

Timewalkers are considered dragonsworn.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Coldarra_Spellbinder These guys are dragonsworn, along with the humanoid NPCs you fight in the Eye of Eternity who are floating around on discs.
    That's not even counting the Drakonids which are too mortals who were empowered by their dragonflight.

They would make more sense than dragons. Dragons have no reason to be joining a faction and fighting alongside them/doing mundane quests, just like the SL races would have no reason to.
    Drakonids/dragonsworn are mortals. From a lore standpoint it would be more logical to bend lore to explain why they're rejoining their previous factions.

DHs and DKs are part of the factions because they actually have reason to. Dragons have no logical reason to actually join the alliance/horde.
    Plus why would a red dragon want to join the horde given their history & the fact that the Dragonmaw are still members of The Horde. Bronze dragons have timeways to protect/manage, no reason to join the alliance/horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I highly doubt blizzard would choose reskinned elves/humans with a flight form over a unique race that they've wanted since vanilla and that already has had concepts drawn out for them to be playable, with a class that would fit their dragonflights to go along with (if they'd add a dragon-themed class)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-21 at 02:02 AM.

DHs and DKs are part of the factions because they actually have reason to. Dragons have no logical reason to actually join the alliance/horde.
    Plus why would a red dragon want to join the horde given their history & the fact that the Dragonmaw are still members of The Horde. Bronze dragons have timeways to protect/manage, no reason to join the alliance/horde.

DH and DKs doing mundane quests make about as much sense as dragons doing them. And as far as "strange bedfellows" amongst the alliance and horde.... there are quite a few "why would they ever work with THAT group throughout each faction".

Just remember...... at the rate Blizzard is going, they will have Tyrande forgive Sylvanas for the next xpac to explain the whole cross faction system. We are LONG past "they wouldn't ever do that".

1+ Year Old Account
    DH and DKs doing mundane quests make about as much sense as dragons doing them. And as far as "strange bedfellows" amongst the alliance and horde.... there are quite a few "why would they ever work with THAT group throughout each faction".

Just remember...... at the rate Blizzard is going, they will have Tyrande forgive Sylvanas for the next xpac to explain the whole cross faction system. We are LONG past "they wouldn't ever do that".
    DHs and DKs have more reason to be part of the factions anyways.
    Besides I don't see an xpac being focused around the dragonflights not having said dragonflights be repowered somehow, (Be it by azerite, the titans themselves again, forgotten titan technology, or all of the above) and having dragons at their full power joining the factions wouldn't make sense.

From my understanding the cross-faction thing isn't canon. Purely a gameplay mechanic to help address the faction inbalance.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-21 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because dragons are bigger than druids.
    Being the size of a mount in combat is still too big.
    Yet we have Hunter pets way bigger that fight in combat all the time. Mounts are smaller than that.

Timewalkers are considered dragonsworn.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Coldarra_Spellbinder These guys are dragonsworn, along with the humanoid NPCs you fight in the Eye of Eternity who are floating around on discs.
    That's not even counting the Drakonids which are too mortals who were empowered by their dragonflight.
    Aren't Timewalkers just Paladins, Warriors, Mages, etc. who work for Dragons? They're not a unique class. The other random mobs you mentioned are exactly that.

They would make more sense than dragons. Dragons have no reason to be joining a faction and fighting alongside them/doing mundane quests, just like the SL races would have no reason to.
    Drakonids/dragonsworn are mortals. From a lore standpoint it would be more logical to bend lore to explain why they're rejoining their previous factions.

Why would a DH be part of a faction when all they want to do is hunt and kill demons? Why would an Illidari demon hunter give two ships about the Alliance and Horde squabbling over territory?

Also I highly doubt blizzard would choose reskinned elves/humans with a flight form over a unique race that they've wanted since vanilla and that already has had concepts drawn out for them to be playable, with a class that would fit their dragonflights to go along with (if they'd add a dragon-themed class)
    You're comparing a race to a class. If Blizzard wants their players to have a more immersive experience, and create probably one of the most popular classes in the game, they'll go with the class. If Blizzard want to take the easy way out and create one of the least played races in the game, sure, they'll choose the Drakonid race.

Besides I don't see an xpac being focused around the dragonflights not having said dragonflights be repowered somehow, (Be it by azerite, the titans themselves again, forgotten titan technology, or all of the above) and having dragons at their full power joining the factions wouldn't make sense.
    Speaking of that.......... for your amusment, this is something I wrote (and have re-edited) back in Legion as an intro to a dragon class. Something like this could be used as a questline to open up dragons or whatever they wanted to do with it, but I liked it and have kept it.

Enjoy!

With the Army of Light assaulting Antorus, all eyes were focused on the battle against Sargeras. All eyes except Chromie. The bronze dragon gnome had her fair share of the recent adventures of Azeroth's heroes. With their help, she had corrected the timeline to ensure her survival, and since then Chromie had been busy attempting to discover who was trying to remove her from the timeline. Whoever the culprit was, she was unable to discover, however she found pockets of dark energy attempting to take hold all over Azeroth. The heroes of the world did their best to contain them, but their attention was pulled towards Argus.

Delving into visions of the future, she watched the adventures of the heroes of Azeroth and found them falling into chaos and war, allowing dark shadows to creep from below them, and overtake them while they fought amongst each other. She saw the sky split and the dead try to swallow the living. She shivered so hard her wings popped out. Shaking off her fears, she sought out Nozdormu to tell him what she found, and found him atop Wyrmrest Temple in Northrend. He was conferring with Alexstrasza and Kalecgos about the prospect of a world without Sargeras' interference.

Chromie approached the three former Aspects and relayed what she had seen. Alexstrasza and Kalecgos politely listened, but did not appear to believe her. Nozdormu told her that the Hour of Twilight was averted, and any evil she saw must be stopped by the mortals of Azeroth. The dragons, he explained, had done what they can. She backed off and the three resumed their discussion. Lord Itharius approached from the side and told her that if she truly believed what she saw, then it is a dragon's duty to protect the world of the living, even if she had to do it alone.

Chromie teleported to Dalaran to find help in her quest. A young hero was preparing to make the trip to Argus and Chromie overheard him speak of the Titans. The Titans had made the Dragon Aspects originally, and if Chromie could persuade them to do it again, they would have the power to help her. The gnome shrunk down to the size of a pea and sequestered herself into the hero's pack. Traveling to Argus was strange, her powers felt greatly diminished being off Azeroth, however what she found on Argus was terrible. The Titans had been attacked, weakened, and subverted by the Legion. Chromie tried to help where she could, assisting the heroes who had come to fight by giving them just enough Time to survive the assaults of the demons. The Army of the Light, with the heros of Azeroth joining them, took the fight directly to Antorus. The heroes fought bravely and pushed all the way to a fight with the corrupted titan soul, Argus the Unmaker. The Army of the Light was victorious and the Titans were restored to reconstitute the Pantheon. The Titans greeted the heroes of Azeroth and together captured and imprisoned their fallen brother Sargeras. Once the heroes had been sent back to Azeroth by the Titans, Chromie snuck out of the corner she had hid herself in and approached the Pantheon. She approached the huge Titans cautiously, tempted to shift into her dragon form for a bit more height, but stopped and shivered when she saw the demon hunter look at her and smile before she addressed Aman'Thul.

Explaining that while the Burning Legion may no longer threaten Azeroth, there were still greater enemies to face, she argued before the Titans that the guardians they entrusted the world with were still needed. The Titans were swayed by Chromie's pleas and agreed that stewardship of Azeroth was still needed as so many forces were intent on corrupting its world-soul. Aman'Thul, Eonar, and Norgannon offered their blessing for creating a new dragonflight, but explained to the gnome that while their power may assist her, the war with Sargeras had depleted their strength and it would take more than the Titans before her to return the Dragonflights. Khaz'goroth stepped forward and looked at Chromie as he considered her plea.

"What of Neltharion, or have you so quickly forgotten? Would you have me create another tool to be subverted and turned on the world as a monster? Have you not learned from history little bronze dragon?"

Chromie explained that the protector of the earth, the one who would be most tempted to listen to the whispers of the deep, would have to be one who was not OF the deep, but rather a protector of the earth who was a part of world and would fight for it because it mattered to them. The Titan considered carefully the wise words, and grants his blessing.

"Good luck young dragon. If you wish to return the Dragonflights to their full power, you will need one more Titan's blessing and power. That of Azeroth herself," Aman'Thul said as the Pantheon returned to their resting state, to drift with their reclaimed brother through the cosmos.

"You truly believe Azeroth needs defenders greater than the mortals who have succeeded against this dark Titan?" Illidan asked of the gnome. "You think dragons can do what these heroes cannot?"

Chromie looked at the demon hunter, whose eyes still glowed with a fel light. "Illidan, the mortals you speak of are great indeed. However the power that I see coming is that which frightened your dark Titan so greatly that he began his crusade. I seek to restore the Aspects not to combat the darkness to come, but to give those very same mortals guidance and inspiration to steel their spines in the face of their greatest battles. The Aspects are needed to show the forces of man what they can do, what they can be, if only they try. You stay and guard your Titan. I must go, for Azeroth still needs those willing to see that she stays protected from all that would control her."

Determination renewed, Chromie set off to find help. Teleporting back Dalaran, she finds that time has not been her ally. Her time with the Titans felt like only minutes, yet by the time she returns to Azeroth the world is at war. Alliance and Horde have sailed to new lands and found allies that has sparked the conflict she saw in her visions. The world-soul bleeds power and shadowy monsters grow in number and strength. The heroes of Azeroth, so honorable while on Argus, have splintered and committed atrocities against each other. The foreguard of the darkness she saw, the Old Gods, threaten the world once again. Knowing she needs the power of the Titan whose blood is being stolen and used for selfish reasons, Chromie goes in search of a hero to help her turn the tide back against this war and help save all of Azeroth's children.

The hero she finds embarks with her on a journey to all over Azeroth, seeking dragon scales from some of the most powerful dragons they can find. They travel to the Ruby Sanctum, Coldarra, Feralas, Twilight Highlands, and even to the Caverns of Time seeking the scales Chromie believes they need. These scales, empowered by Azerite and the blessings of the Titans, become powerful relics that Chromie believes can be used to restore the Dragonflights. With the world at war and the tides turning against the forces of Azeroth, Chromie reaches out to leaders on the Horde and on the Alliance, pleaing for unity before the coming darkness. The might of Azeroth is thrown into the fight against N'zoth as Chromie tries to complete her goal. The dragon scales are empowered, but the last part requires sacrifice. Taking the hero who has helped her, Chromie heads for Silithus and enters the Chamber of Heart. Inside the chamber, Magni assists her in communicating with Azeroth's world-soul.

Chromie lays bare the quest she has undertaken and explains her need of of the power of the Titan. Magni tells Chromie and the hero that Azeroth is troubled by what Chromie sees, but can only give the power to someone willing to truly sacrifice power in return. The hero steps forward and removes the Heart of Azeroth, offering the power Azeroth has bestowed upon its champion as a gesture of faith. Magni chuckles and tells the hero to keep their necklace, that Azeroth is pleased that brave souls will step forward to defend it. Azeroth explains to Chromie that in order to empower the scales, Chromie will need to stay within the Chamber of the Heart until the process is complete. Chromie agrees, and a wave of power washes over her. She feels the power of the titan all around her as it begins to seep into the scales. Azeroth blesses the scales and teleports a disoriented Chromie away from Silithus.

Magni stays behind, sighing, "I only 'ope they'll be nough to fight what's comin'." He looks down at his hand, once crsytalline and now reverting back into a mortal form. "Lass, ya better be worth it."

The gnome steps out of a portal at the foot of Wyrmrest Temple. She glances skyward and is shocked to find the sky blasted open and the Shadowlands staring her in the face. She has no idea how much time has passed, but with her visions coming true, she knows she is one bronze dragon that is nearly out of time. On Chromie's instruction, a young dragon standing guard at the temple rushes away to deliver 2 messages. Chromie steals herself and transforms into her drake form, flying herself to the top of the temple. There they find two of the former Aspects discussing the mortals desperate fight against the Jailer. Alexstrasza and Nozdormu listen as Chromie explains that the Titans agreed to restore the Aspects in order to protect the world of life and all that came after to prepare for this event. Alexstrasza calls out and a blue portal appears, with Kalecgos stepping through it. After hearing her story, Alexstrasza agrees that she will accept the gift of the Titans once again, but Nozdormu and Kalecgos state that they cannot. They have seen what can happen to the soul of an Aspect when it becomes corrupted, both in their brother Neltharion, and in Nozdormu himself at the end of time. They bid Alexstrasza farewell, but say they cannot bear the weight of the Titan's power any longer. They vanish into thin air, rejecting the gift and the burden.

Alexstrasza is dismayed that her brothers will not join her in defending their world, but Chromie is not phased. Her visions had told her that Kalecgos would not accept and she had prepared for it. Chromie looks to the edge of the platform, where a lovely yet shy elf girl with brillant green eyes stands in the shadow of a pillar. She approaches Merithra and tells her that she has been a loyal servant to Azeroth and should become the Green Dragon Aspect. She bows her head in thanks and accepts the scale. "The Emerald Dream needs protection more than ever," she says. "My mother would have stood beside you, so I shall do no less. At least I do feel the need for a nap coming on." She goes to stand beside Alexstrasza.

Chromie looks at the dragons and says, "I have made arrangements for guests to arrive shortly. Please welcome them as though they were family." Chromie turns as a blue portal appears, and a woman steps through. White-blonde hair hanging down her back and icy blue eyes surveying the assembled, Jaina Proudmoore steps before the dragons. She looks to Alexstrasza and says, "Dragons, I received word that my presence was needed here immediately for the safety of all Azeroth. My people need me and the Jailer must be put down once and for all, and so I may not have much time, but I have come as called. What do you need of me?"

Alexstrasza smiles, "Mage, it is not I who called you, but rather Chronormu." The gnome rocks back on her feet as the leader of the Alliance turns to her, "Jaina! Glad you made it. See, the thing is, the Alliance can get by without you for a time. While you have been on your quest to defeat the Horde, N'zoth, and even the Jailer himself, the shadows have been gathering and strengthening from your actions. You are needed for a higher calling than simply directing a war campaign. You my dear, need to be our new Aspect of Magic."

Jaina is nearly too stunned to speak. "Become an.... Aspect? You mean become a dragon?"

Chromie nods, "Well, yes. You are the greatest mage in the entirety of Azeroth, and we need your help if there is to be a world left for the Alliance and Horde to fight over."

The mage stands stunned, unable to find words to speak of the work she is doing for the Alliance, unable to speak of her battles, her losses, and her family. She nods to the gnome and feels Alexstrasza's arms embrace her. "Sister, you will make a wonderful Aspect. Let go of the rage inside of you and open your mind to the good you can do for all the beings of this world." Alexstrasza looks away from the awestruck mage and asks, "Chronormu, I fear our brothers may not see the error of their ways in time, but this young woman will make a fine Aspect. I admit to feeling trepidation about which black dragon you intend to give that scale to. The black dragonflight is scattered, and it may be difficult finding a leader among them who will work for the good of Azeroth."

Chromie smiles impishly, "Actually Lexy, can I call you Lexy? I'm going to call you Lexy. I already had someone in mind. It's a bit out of the box, but I think he will make a fine Aspect." An bronze-colored portal appears at the base of the steps to their platform, and the dragons watch as the young dragon who had been sent off by Chromie came through behind a new guest. Stepping up before the dragons, and pushing back the cape covering his head, Thrall nods to each of the assembled dragons, and to Jaina.

Alexstrasza looks amazed, and pleased. "Thrall of Azeroth, it is good to see you once more. Your strength and nobility have inspired your people, and the triumph of the living over the dead is a fine time for a reunion."

Thrall glances at Chromie, but addresses the red. "Alexstrasza, it warms my heart to see the guardians of Azeroth once again taking up the mantle of protecting this world. I have been told of the coming darkness and I fear it is a danger I have worried about since the fall of your mad brother. I may no longer lead the Horde, however my mace and my powers will always be ready to defend this world."

Chromie steps between the assembled, "Thrall, the Titans have agreed that the Dragon Aspects will be needed for the coming fight, and they need an Earth-Warder who is true enough to resist the temptations of power offered through corruption. I could think of no better candidate than you. I spoke with Khaz'goroth the Titan and he blessed this black scale himself. He told me that it would create a powerful Black Dragon Aspect." She smiles and bobs back and forth. "He did not, however, say the owner had to be a black dragon!"

Amazed, Thrall gazes at the dragon scale Chromie holds out to him. He looks at the other dragons and sees approval and pride on their faces. He thinks of his family, his home, and his people. He would never let them be swallowed by the Void if he could protect them. He looks at Jaina, seeing her holding a blue scale that pulses with a power like his own. She nods at him, determination overcoming the fear and worry she still feels. "I accept. Let us fight this enemy together."

Grasping the scale, Thrall begins to shake, a roar coming from deep within his throat. His body grows larger, and great black horns grow from his brow. Shiny black wings sprout from his shoulder blades and he flexes them straight out. Standing back up, he is still a green orc, but with the dragon aspect in him, he can feel the power of a Titan flow through his veins. Alexstrasza says, "Brother, you will learn to control your powers soon, and walk amongst the mortals in your old guise, but now it is good to have you with us. We will need your strength in the coming days."

Jaina steps forward, and in a storm of Arcane and Frost magic, is blessed with the Aspect of Magic. Blue wings appear behind her, ephemeral, as though they were made of pure magic. Power swirls around her body and shines in her eyes. The new Aspects step forward, to be embraced by the dragons and join them.

Turning to Chromie, Merithra says, "As for you little bronze, your persistence and faith have brought us here, and I think it only fitting that those qualities be put to good use. I nominate Chronormu to be the new Bronze Aspect of Time. She has shown that she is truly dedicated to preserving both time and the fate of Azeroth. In a time when souls of strength and determination are needed, she will fight for us and our world. Chronormu, you have been chosen, will you be the Bronze Aspect?"

Chromie looks at the assembled dragons and finally loses her quick wit. "Thank you. I accept." The power of the scales infuse each of them as it had Thrall and Jaina, returning their immortality and powers to that of true Dragon Aspects. Transforming into their full forms, Alexstrasza and Merithra take off into the sky to proclaim to the dragon flights that a new day has come, and that the dragons of Azeroth will fly once again. The Bronze Aspect stands on the platform, feeling the power of time course through her veins, and looks at Jaina and Thrall.

"You two will need to be the link between the champions of Azeroth and the Dragon Aspects. Learn your powers so that you may teach other brave heroes to join the dragon flights. We are going to need every brave pair of wings we can find in the coming days. The Void is coming."

The Aspects of Magic and Earth transform into their full forms, powerful dragons ready to protect Azeroth from the coming night. They will teach a new breed of heroes to become something greater, something powerful, something noble..... they will teach them to be Dragons.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yet we have Hunter pets way bigger that fight in combat all the time. Mounts are smaller than that.
    Hunter pets aren't players.
    Again, players have hitboxes that when they're in the way of a mechanic/aoe, they get damaged or otherwise effected by that mechanic. If the hitboxes aren't accurately sized to their model you'd have a wide variety of issues in PvP. ("How did that not hit them" would be a very common complaint.)
    Any indoor dungeon similar to Tol Dagor could never happen again with a class where they'd consistantly be large, as even the existing races got stuck in those doorways. (Draenei and Tauren getting lusted/having avatar or any other slightly size-increasing effect on them is an example)

Aren't Timewalkers just Paladins, Warriors, Mages, etc. who work for Dragons? They're not a unique class. The other random mobs you mentioned are exactly that.
    They're mortals who utilize chronomancy/bronze dragonflight magic to protect the timeways. (The ones that don't are just essentially hired muscle who tag along with the chronomancers)

Why would a DH be part of a faction when all they want to do is hunt and kill demons? Why would an Illidari demon hunter give two ships about the Alliance and Horde squabbling over territory?
    Because their hunt is over with the Legion defeated and now they're returning to their people. Plus I don't think a nelf DH would be happy with Teldrassil being burnt down.

You're comparing a race to a class. If Blizzard wants their players to have a more immersive experience, and create probably one of the most popular classes in the game, they'll go with the class. If Blizzard want to take the easy way out and create one of the least played races in the game, sure, they'll choose the Drakonid race.
    There's plenty of people who have wanted a reptilian/lizardmen race like a long time.
    If they were't Dragonborn wouldn't 5th most played race in D&D with some more recent stats showing they're in the top 3. (Out of recorded statistics mind you)
    They wouldn't be anywhere near the least played race lmao. That role would continue to belong to Pandaren and Gnomes. (Or Mechagnomes if we count allied races)

It wouldn't be all that immersive to have dragons be this benevolent species through the game just for them to suddenly become like your average everyday adventurer.

- - - Updated - - -

Another point too is that at this point in the game the player is the champion, one of (if not the) most powerful person in their class.
    Dragons would never get to properly immerse themselves in that, as their power is directly shown through size.
    Wouldn't be immersive to have me, a dragon, be this grand powerful being just to be the size of a small drake.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-21 at 03:27 AM.

My only real critique here is that "dragonborne" sounds much more like the name of a race than a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter pets aren't players.
    The point is that there are objects in combat in game currently that would be larger than a player dragon.

Again, players have hitboxes that when they're in the way of a mechanic/aoe, they get damaged or otherwise effected by that mechanic. If the hitboxes aren't accurately sized to their model you'd have a wide variety of issues in PvP. ("How did that not hit them" would be a very common complaint.)
    Any indoor dungeon similar to Tol Dagor could never happen again with a class where they'd consistantly be large, as even the existing races got stuck in those doorways. (Draenei and Tauren getting lusted/having avatar or any other slightly size-increasing effect on them is an example)
    So what prevents Blizzard from accurately sizing the hitbox? And once again, why are we playing this silly game where the only choices are small or huge?

They're mortals who utilize chronomancy/bronze dragonflight magic to protect the timeways. (The ones that don't are just essentially hired muscle who tag along with the chronomancers)
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timewalkers

And if you look at the notable ones, they're all from different classes. For example;

Orc Drom'kor, Timewalker Necrolyte
    NightElf Enabrin, Timewalker Druid
    Dwarf Goran Timewalker Lavacaller
    Draenei Komma, Timewalker Graveguard
    NightElf Lyra, Timewalker Embermage
    Tauren Moro, Timewalker Druid

Because their hunt is over with the Legion defeated and now they're returning to their people. Plus I don't think a nelf DH would be happy with Teldrassil being burnt down.
    Except their hunt is to purge demons entirely. There's still demons to fight on Azeroth, so why would a Demon Hunter join the Alliance or the Horde when there's still demons running around? My Demon Hunter planted trees and swatted away Beavers in Kul'Tiras instead of going to fight demons. That doesn't make sense. Also Demon Hunters can't return to their people. They're completely shunned from Elven society. Especially among the Night Elves, so they probably wouldn't care much about Teldrassil burning to the ground.

There's plenty of people who have wanted a reptilian/lizardmen race like a long time.
    If they were't Dragonborn wouldn't 5th most played race in D&D with some more recent stats showing they're in the top 3. (Out of recorded statistics mind you)
    They wouldn't be anywhere near the least played race lmao. That role would continue to belong to Pandaren and Gnomes. (Or Mechagnomes if we count allied races)
    D&D =/= WoW. You're talking about a completely different audience, and you're talking about a TTRPG vs a MMO.

It wouldn't be all that immersive to have dragons be this benevolent species through the game just for them to suddenly become like your average everyday adventurer.
    Except plenty of WoW dragons are adventurers. Wrathion being a prime example.

Another point too is that at this point in the game the player is the champion, one of (if not the) most powerful person in their class.
    Dragons would never get to properly immerse themselves in that, as their power is directly shown through size.
    Wouldn't be immersive to have me, a dragon, be this grand powerful being just to be the size of a small drake.
    You're the one saying they need to be a small drake or a whelp, because for some reason you seem to think that Blizzard is incapable of programming hitboxes and properly sized characters in their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    My only real critique here is that "dragonborne" sounds much more like the name of a race than a class.
    Fus Roh DA!

I called my version of the class Dragonbloods.

You can name them what you will.

However, if they do make dragons, there NEEDS to be a joke about them being here because ES6 is taking forever.
    Last edited by Gumble; 2022-02-21 at 04:34 AM.