1. #3681
    Method has made some great progress today. I still think Limit will just beat them to 2nd but they look nailed on for at worst 3rd.

  2. #3682
    looks like limit changed p2 strat to have no downtime now. boss will probably die today for them

  3. #3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    looks like limit changed p2 strat to have no downtime now. boss will probably die today for them
    I'm not sure, looks like they are mimicking Echo's P3 strat, and that will take some adjustment. And then P4 too.
    I could be wrong and they absolutely slaughter the boss. I'm glad they aren't doing the gateway through the pillars at least before the final torment.

  4. #3684
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Actually Limit is behind Method on Jailer. Method reached p4. And it's good to see Sco managed to rebuild Method twice in the span of three expansions.
    They are only behind because they took a day off. I know behind is behind, but they would have the boss dead if they didnt take the day.

  5. #3685
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    They are only behind because they took a day off. I know behind is behind, but they would have the boss dead if they didnt take the day.
    Eh, I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe you're right, but Liquid was on a downwards trajectory and their last 100 pulls before the break were kind of shitty. Method looks much cleaner to me atm.

  6. #3686
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    All of the top 100 might be stretching it, since while the top 100 has exceptional players: they often have people with real jobs and limited time.

    The top 20 though is hard to not do it since those are usually obscenely good players (and if the 20th won't do it: maybe the 22nd etc.).
    Mmmm, I would be VERY surprised if so many guilds got the jailer down next reset, unless it gets heavily nerfed, it seems an insanely high number.

    As for liquid taking a couple of days off, I also think it was necessary for them because they weren't making any progress, gonna be interesting what happens in the battle for 2nd place now, indeed impressive recovery by method.

  7. #3687
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Eh, I'm not so sure about that one. Maybe you're right, but Liquid was on a downwards trajectory and their last 100 pulls before the break were kind of shitty. Method looks much cleaner to me atm.
    Method definitely has enough momentum to kill the boss but it's starting to get late and they'll be winding down where Liquid is just now getting back in the swing. I wouldn't dismiss a kill by Liquid before the reset though it's also entirely possible Method kills it tomorrow in the cursed zone right around the reset.

  8. #3688
    Method already said some of their members have work from now on, and will not raid during early day most likely from now on.

  9. #3689
    Method will take 2-nd IMO

  10. #3690
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,396
    Liquid needed that break, they just weren't going anywhere and any further attempts would have just grinded them down further.

    It was a necessary stop to give them time to recover mentally, get back home, get comfortable and finish the race.

    Method just smelled blood and went for it while they still can.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  11. #3691
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    230
    I don't think Liquid is killing this boss like.... ever. They're trying to copy Echo's strat literally step by step and they're nowhere near any kind of progress in the last 150 pulls.

  12. #3692
    World 3rd for Limit would be kinda funny. Method is going to get it tomorrow.

  13. #3693
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    World 3rd for Limit would be kinda funny. Method is going to get it tomorrow.
    Isnt method no more day raiding by tomorrow?

  14. #3694
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    I don't think Liquid is killing this boss like.... ever. They're trying to copy Echo's strat literally step by step and they're nowhere near any kind of progress in the last 150 pulls.
    they're basically one or two pulls away from phase 4

    seriously though their consistency is so much improved since they've adopted new strats. consistently hitting further into p3
    Last edited by Jdance; 2022-03-29 at 03:04 AM.

  15. #3695
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Isnt method no more day raiding by tomorrow?
    Hm.. yeah maybe that's not enough time then to get the last %. But quite sure they raid at least 6 hours.

  16. #3696
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    I don't think Liquid is killing this boss like.... ever. They're trying to copy Echo's strat literally step by step and they're nowhere near any kind of progress in the last 150 pulls.
    They'll get it eventually but if I'm honest I don't think they're in it for the competitive aspect any longer. They're so completely detached from the race that they could finish in the Top 10 and the only thing it'd mean for them is relief. They made mistakes in this race and yeah, they do kind of suck at this boss. It'll be interesting to see what this means for the guild/organization moving into next tier because it seems like there's a clear separation between what the audience (fans) want and what the guild wants from the game.

  17. #3697
    Liquid failing to see p4 all day after being "fresh", goes to show how much a day head start makes it seem like they are in the same realm as Echo.
    Can't help but feel if roles were reversed Liquid would be competing with Method and Pieces for 2nd before the race even begins.

  18. #3698
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    The word you're looking for is regionalism.
    Nope. A nation vs a region is something new.... it's a hybrid.... natregionalisms?

  19. #3699
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Nope. A nation vs a region is something new.... it's a hybrid.... natregionalisms?
    The observed behavior is functionally the same thing as nationalism. EU people just want to be pedantic and insist that the EU isn't technically a nation so it doesn't fit. (Technically NA isn't a nation either; though I doubt Canadians are too annoyed by getting grouped in with America.)

  20. #3700
    Quote Originally Posted by rivercola View Post
    Liquid failing to see p4 all day after being "fresh", goes to show how much a day head start makes it seem like they are in the same realm as Echo.
    Can't help but feel if roles were reversed Liquid would be competing with Method and Pieces for 2nd before the race even begins.
    Max is getting exposed. I think this will kill their guild’s reputation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •