Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I'm gonna have to ask again: can the amount of raiding guilds across an expansion be an indication of population, example if there were 20.000 raiding guilds in eu back then (not saying they're the true number, didn't check properly yet) and now 15.000, can we say population went down by 25%?
    There's SOME correlation, however there's so many distorting factors in play that it's basically little more than a guess - the main obvious problem being that such a comparison would require the proportion of raiders in the general population to remain constant, which it almost certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's SOME correlation, however there's so many distorting factors in play that it's basically little more than a guess - the main obvious problem being that such a comparison would require the proportion of raiders in the general population to remain constant, which it almost certainly didn't.
    It also doesn't account for the number of ex-raiders who just make M+ their primary gameplay loop instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It also doesn't account for the number of ex-raiders who just make M+ their primary gameplay loop instead.
    What do you mean "also"? That's already included in the proportion of raiders not being constant, as one reason among several.

What do you mean "also"? That's already included in the proportion of raiders not being constant, as one reason among several.
    There's a common misconception when people are discussing what people do in this game that if somebody is no longer raiding, they've quit the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Paragon wiped the floor with them in their primes of raiding.
    Method wasnt even able to proper Raid in early Cata and Firelands due to having member problems. Paragon is also known for hard exploiting Bosses.

There's a common misconception when people are discussing what people do in this game that if somebody is no longer raiding, they've quit the game entirely.
    If that was the case then the proportion would be more constant, as you're removing some both from population of raiders AND general population. So again, that wasn't in my point even by inference.

Do you just have a compulsory need to add yourself to other people's comments? You know you can just make a statement without trying to make it look like someone else forgot to include your addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How is this thread still open after devolving into this nonsense?
    This thread has just turned into some insane man fighting everyone else for the last 50 pages and the mods still haven't locked it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

If that was the case then the proportion would be more constant, as you're removing some both from population of raiders AND general population. So again, that wasn't in my point even by inference.

Do you just have a compulsory need to add yourself to other people's comments? You know you can just make a statement without trying to make it look like someone else forgot to include your addition.
    It was a meaningless tertiary observation I felt was relevant. You can disagree with it if you'd like, it doesn't bother me. You asked a question and I answered it.

Also, you can also just ignore my comments if they bother you so much also.

edit: This whole thread is hopelessly off-topic. I won't be responding to any further discussion here. Have a good day.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-04-04 at 04:30 AM.

edit: This whole thread is hopelessly off-topic. I won't be responding to any further discussion here. Have a good day.
    Almost entirely because of you turning one-off comments into entire 5 page arguments again and again. Please don't respond as you said.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Shadowlands might be the best state of the game since vanilla; you seem prejudiced; I didn't say anything about game quality.

Google is a reputable source or it can be. Also that data are clearly correlated with the subs that game had in TBC/Wotlk.
    I think you don't quite understand how Google works. It being your search engine doesn"t make it your actual source. Big fail to make such claim.

I won't be responding to any further discussion here. Have a good day.
    You really, really, really need to take this to heart. Make it your life's philosophy from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the race is over and plenty of guilds have already gotten Sepulcher cleared then closing this thread.