Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Imo, the less needed masteries are the better, the EoD masteries are less "this will change your gameplay forever" and more "I like this so i will pursue it"

If they go in the direction of masteries that make you stronger or are needed for progress than the game kind of loses something I think.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    If they go in the direction of masteries that make you stronger or are needed for progress than the game kind of loses something I think.
    That's literally mastery design from HoT, and I'm glad they abandoned it. I don't think you "needed" any of the masteries in PoF though, it was more like EoD in that they were all, "Nice to have" to the point where some are IMO borderline mandatory.

The only thing that bothers me about the new masteries is the bad impact they have in terms of UI. The fishing, skiff and jade bot waypoint are on a new category that is a tiny menu with only one keybind available. The turthe mount is on the already bloated mounts button and it doesn't have an keybind like the other mounts.

My main concern is that they keep adding active abilities through masteries without providing a better UI solution to deal with them.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I finished it today;
    the last map was a bit of a letdown... at least compared to how i remember the "jade sea" from GW1 and from how the "fog of war" version looks.

Haven't finished the story yet and got some questions. So the void is pure magic which is chaotic and Soo-Won created all the other dragons. Did she also create Tyria, the mists and all of the other worlds in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like Soo-Won is a force of nature on Tyria. Something that naturally came about to bring order to the magic. Branching out, it seems like Void magic is the natural of magic in within the Mists. That would explain why things stuck/exposed to the Mist often end up chaotic or corrupted ie Balthazar, Kralk, Ankka. You could probably rule out Soo-Won being some sort of cosmic entity because it seemed like she was bound to Tyria, a very powerful but very mortal being. Also wouldn't really mesh with the human gods being from another world then populating Tyria with humans. Really wouldn't need the humans gods for that if Soo-Won is the maker.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topi...pdate-preview/

Preview of patch notes for next week - this is NOT comprehensive, only talking about the change to the Exposed debuff (when you break the breakbar) and Catalyst changes.

I don't know anything about Catalyst but folks seem...pretty happy with the changes so that's nice.

The exposed change sounds good though, standardized debuff times are good and it helps since I'd never know how to time my burst on my firebrand when it was active since it would vary so much between enemies. Fine with the nerf to damage since it seems to allow for a LOT more damage to be done over a longer period of time and doesn't "punish" builds that lack burst as much.

I need to get back in the saddle, stopped in the third zone a few weeks back as I went hard back into PoE (SSF summoner, it's broken how strong it is with dogshit gear) and have been distracted with other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge change to catalyst. It was very good dps wise at release but extremely difficult/busy to play. Anet nerfed it into the ground, actually for very valid reasons (the spec could be boon support while outdpsing most pure dps builds) but made playing the class as a dps useless for two weeks.

The changes seem very good on paper. Not only will the class become more user-friendly, they are returning its power.

Resident Cosplay Progressive